Kate Middleton - what does William like about her?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think that the two are a good match. I find Autumn Kelly (now Mrs. Phillips) way more charming and appealing than Catherine Middleton. Even Chelsy has a character while Ms. Middleton is always (supposedly) doing the right thing.

Isn't it too early to be doing everything right?

Of course, I wish both of them a stable relationship as it is only the two of them who know why they are together.

Perhaps it is more that she was raised in such a way that she does not air her dirty laundry in public, and she is circumspect about her activities. It's a pity when we've been so jaded by the horrible manners and lack of class from celebrities that we assume that is normal, and when someone is going about their life without scandal, it's all of a sudden that they are trying to be Mr/MRs Perfect, and of course they must be hiding something.

Perhaps Ms Middleton just has more class and graciousness about her and was raised right. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with the way she behaves, and am glad to see someone in the media that is not drunk, high on something, stealing, sleeping around, or god knows what else.

This should be the norm. I was raised this way, and I imagine alot of other people were as well. We've just become so imbued with a sense of "we have to know everything about everyone" that if there is nothing to know, then we automatically assume worse.

It's sad.

Last edited:
Perhaps it is more that she was raised in such a way that she does not air her dirty laundry in public, and she is circumspect about her activities. It's a pity when we've been so jaded by the horrible manners and lack of class from celebrities that we assume that is normal, and when someone is going about their life without scandal, it's all of a sudden that they are trying to be Mr/MRs Perfect, and of course they must be hiding something.

Perhaps Ms Middleton just has more class and graciousness about her and was raised right. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with the way she behaves, and am glad to see someone in the media that is not drunk, high on something, stealing, sleeping around, or god knows what else.

This should be the norm. I was raised this way, and I imagine alot of other people were as well. We've just become so imbued with a sense of "we have to know everything about everyone" that if there is nothing to know, then we automatically assume worse.

It's sad.
Brilliant. :clap::cheers::rose2:

Last edited by a moderator:
What are "joddies"?:flowers:

It depends what you call casual clothes, I think. Even as a youngster I rarely wore 'colours', always black with a subtle top and my daughters are the same when going out. When in the English countryside, it tends to be Greens or Browns, Green wellies, brogues etc. Scotland depends on the occasion (Tartan for formal 'inhouse'), the only exceptions really are joddies. Catherine might just like black or drak colours. :flowers::D

Some of the Royals who people remember with great affection were "boring." George VI was boring, as were his parents. The Queen is kind of boring in a way--always doing things the same way year after year; but people think of her as reassuring, not boring.:flowers:

I think they are well suited but William is mind-numbingly boring and it seems Kate is also a naturally boring person. I mean, are people going to fall asleep in their prescence?

Excellent!!:flowers::clap::)

It's sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What he like in her?
Hmmm... Maybe her eyes, maybe her body (legs, hands, ears), maby her hair or smile, maybe her sense or sensibility, maybe something in her soul what we can't see... Who knows what does Wills like about her? Maybe private she is a little bit different as we se her on TV, press? As her official image.
We can only say maybe and try to guess because we really don't know her.

Last edited:
I think Kate is extremely pretty and not that looks are everything but I've heard she's quite intelligent and has a great sense of humor. She always seems to - at least publically - carry herself with class and grace. These are important attributes for anyone, not just a Prince.

See, I think Kate has a lot of lovely outward characteristics including looks and demeanour, but that doesn't mean much to me because I know very little about who she is "inside"...less so than other royals because she is very private. So while I think she has many characteristics that would make her a suitable royal wife, I have no idea if she is truly a good match for William. I suppose I have doubts because especially with William's more recent behaviour with helicopters, I have doubts about whether William has any strong idea of who he is and what he wants in life. He might very well, but I see a lot more signs that all the other young royals have formed a strong identity, than I do of William.

I hope that if William marries Kate, they will mature together and become a successful royal team. I hope that William does not wake up one day at age 40 and develop a strong passion like Charles' love for Camilla or concern for the environment and realize "This is what I want out of life...and Kate isn't it." Because that would be painful for William and Kate, and for the monarchy.

So I hope William knows what he's doing.

What are "joddies"?:flowers:
Sorry Mermaid1962, I didn't see this until now. Joddies are Jodhpurs, which are the normal attire for riding. They used to be huge on the hip/upper leg to allow for 'spread' (imagige a key shape) and suede on the knee area, to stop chaffing. :lol: Now, due to lovely Lycra they just have the extra padding on the knee.:flowers:

Country Supplies | Ladies Jodhpurs

Jodhpurs...I should have guessed that. Mind you, I've only seen them on Mounties in dress uniforms in "real life." :lol: They sound very comfortable.

Sorry Mermaid1962, I didn't see this until now. Joddies are Jodhpurs, which are the normal attire for riding. They used to be huge on the hip/upper leg to allow for 'spread' (imagige a key shape) and suede on the knee area, to stop chaffing. :lol: Now, due to lovely Lycra they just have the extra padding on the knee.:flowers:

Country Supplies | Ladies Jodhpurs

what william see in kate is she is there when he call,she is willing to give up anything for him to be happy,she does not have a job that will take her time form her going on many vacations a year with him and kate is willing to wait untill he is ready toget marry unlike some girls that will be upset after five years going to six of nothing but a everyday gossip of a immediate wedding and she will not give the media any information about their relatetionship expect her close friend that are always spill [sell] their relationship out to the press,i guess that is why william is deeply inlove with is princess in waiting:D

Not everyone feels the need to pander to the fashion industry, (I remember Beehives, Mullets and Puffballs) :eek:. Some people find a style that they like, that they are confident with and don't feel they need to prove anything by 'evolving' and wearing what others might like. That is probably why classics sell so well.
I somewhat agree. I think of for instance Camilla's hairstyle, for which she is roundly criticized for having a 70's Farrah Fawcett style. Well, I think that style flatters Camilla. She is blessed with thick, gorgeous hair and I rather like her hairstyle, even if others find it out of date. I think I've read Charles likes her hairstyle, hence she probably doesn't change it. I love Camilla's hair. Thick, healthy hair, especially for a woman of her age.

what william see in kate is she is there when he call,she is willing to give up anything for him to be happy,she does not have a job that will take her time form her going on many vacations a year with him and kate is willing to wait untill he is ready toget marry unlike some girls that will be upset after five years going to six of nothing but a everyday gossip of a immediate wedding and she will not give the media any information about their relatetionship expect her close friend that are always spill [sell] their relationship out to the press,i guess that is why william is deeply inlove with is princess in waiting:D

I'm sure that very many feel exactly as you do, but a lot of this is surmise, is it not?

I don't know that she's not working for her parents in their successful business; I don't know that she's comfortable to simply 'wait and see'; I don't know that there's any subtle plan to confound the press and public because of her, obvious, reticence, to oblige the gossips; and I don't really know what HRH William thinks of her and vice versa.

What I do know is that the Heir Apparent seems comfortable and happy in her company, and she with his. That's enough for me, for now.

It's sad.

I completely agree. Kate has something about her that none of us will never know that captured William's heart. Clearly, he adores her otherwise he would have left her behind ages ago.

I completely agree. Kate has something about her that none of us will never know that captured William's heart. Clearly, he adores her otherwise he would have left her behind ages ago.

Maybe they will do an engagement interview when they decide to tie the knot and he will tell a bit about why he loves her?

Very true, I forgot about that token question. Hopefully he won't say "Whatever 'in love' means" number either.:D

On a serious note, if they do become engaged, I'm sure the whole world will know why he adores her.

Very true, I forgot about that token question. Hopefully he won't say "Whatever 'in love' means" number either.:D

If he did that I'd start giggling and wouldn't stop till the wedding day. And probably way beyond that date! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Maybe they will do an engagement interview when they decide to tie the knot and he will tell a bit about why he loves her?

Oh, oh,oh, Jo. Why must he say 'why' he loves her? Surely, after all of this time, it must apparent: simply, he just loves her. Few of us can quantify or qualify love, or am I mistaken?

Oh, oh,oh, Jo. Why must he say 'why' he loves her? Surely, after all of this time, it must apparent: simply, he just loves her. Few of us can quantify or qualify love, or am I mistaken?

Oh come on, most grooms have done that so far and told the world without needing to be forced why they thought their fiancee is the most fascinating woman in the world. And with that they told the world of course why they love her. :flowers: Okay, it was a bit different with Charles who told the world that he was astonished Diana would have him or words of that meaning IIRC. Which on looking back was giving away quite a lot...

I just looked the video up again: BBC News Player - 1981: Charles and Diana to wed

Hmm... well, yes, Charles did definately not say hwy he loved her. In fact, looking back I've never ever seen such a strained looking couple.

Last edited:
Oh come on, most grooms have done that so far and told the world without needing to be forced why they thought their fiancee is the most fascinating woman in the world. And with that they told the world of course why they love her. :flowers: Okay, it was a bit different with Charles who told the world that he was astonished Diana would have him or words of that meaning IIRC. Which on looking back was giving away quite a lot...

I just looked the video up again: BBC News Player - 1981: Charles and Diana to wed

Hmm... well, yes, Charles did definately not say hwy he loved her. In fact, looking back I've never ever seen such a strained looking couple.
i have never seen that video before untill now all i can say is deja vu:eek:

the fact she has never publicly spoken about their relationship particulary after the split she is a safe option who keeps her silence

Last edited:
On the subject of Kate Middleton's wardrobe: I know people complain about her clothes, but in fact, she dresses quite well. She manages to combine discreet elegance with youthful chic, and that is not easy. But the result is more attractive (and sexier, in my view) than a blatant embrace of every trend that comes down the pike. I really don't know what the complainers want Middleton to wear; remember that the late Princess of Wales actually dressed badly before her marriage and for some years thereafter, and even when she hit her stride, she wasn't what I would call "fashion forward." She couldn't be, in her position. Is Middleton supposed to dress like Sarah Jessica Parker in "Sex and the City"? God forbid. That's clown territory.

I like Kate's style very much. Her clothes are on-trend but not "trendy", and she wears things that flatter her and are suitable for the occasion.

On the subject of Kate Middleton's wardrobe: I know people complain about her clothes, but in fact, she dresses quite well. She manages to combine discreet elegance with youthful chic, and that is not easy. But the result is more attractive (and sexier, in my view) than a blatant embrace of every trend that comes down the pike. I really don't know what the complainers want Middleton to wear; remember that the late Princess of Wales actually dressed badly before her marriage and for some years thereafter, and even when she hit her stride, she wasn't what I would call "fashion forward." She couldn't be, in her position. Is Middleton supposed to dress like Sarah Jessica Parker in "Sex and the City"? God forbid. That's clown territory.

Perhaps, Jo, when and if she does become his fiancee he'll do just that!

Last edited:

I concur. Watching that BBC video clip... Hello! Awkward!!:whistling::ermm:

I concur. Watching that BBC video clip... Hello! Awkward!!:whistling::ermm:

And I wonder why we all believed in the great love affair. At least I and all people I knew back then were convinced Charles had fallen for her and she for him. Why was that? Only the media? That is possible? If I think that Charles realised at some point what had happened back then and shared it with his son and William shared that knowledge with Catherine, then I wouldn't wonder if the "split" was just to stop the media form playing that game and forcing them.

And I wonder why we all believed in the great love affair. At least I and all people I knew back then were convinced Charles had fallen for her and she for him. Why was that? Only the media? That is possible? If I think that Charles realised at some point what had happened back then and shared it with his son and William shared that knowledge with Catherine, then I wouldn't wonder if the "split" was just to stop the media form playing that game and forcing them.
Perhaps I am just a cynic, to me it was clear that this was not a match made in heaven and Diana was in love with the Prince of Wales and not Charles the man. I saw no chemistry between them before or after this interview. :flowers:

With William and Catherine, you can almost 'feel' the effort not to touch. :flowers:

Perhaps I am just a cynic, to me it was clear that this was not a match made in heaven and Diana was in love with the Prince of Wales and not Charles the man. I saw no chemistry between them before or after this interview. :flowers:

With William and Catherine, you can almost 'feel' the effort not to touch. :flowers:
I guess perception is everything then, I don't "see" any passion between Kate and William.

Why might it be necessary to 'see' passion between William and Catherine at all?

To be honest I've never once seen 'passion' between HM and her Duke over many long years.

William and Catherine are doing well enough, by my reckoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom