Is William or Kate a snob?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava Elizabeth

Gentry
Country
Oman
Is it just me or do anyone else have the impression of Prince William being snobish? I like him a lot, but he just seems to be a bit snobish/stuck-up..
Is he more of a snob than his brother, Harry?
What do you think?

I don't know, I just got that impression.
Perhaps I'm all wrong but the british royal family is known for being a bit snobish.

With all due respect, I hardly think this worthy of its own thread...

"MII"

Ava Elizabeth said:
I don't know, I just got that impression.
You don't know? OK then, how did you get that impression? Why did you post the question?

Ava Elizabeth said:
Is it just me or do anyone else have the impression of Prince William being snobish? I like him a lot, but he just seems to be a bit snobish/stuck-up..
Is he more of a snob than his brother, Harry?
What do you think?

With the media always ready to show up any bad points he may have, it would be hard to be too friendly in case people misinterpret it. He has been taught well by his father, to value any privacy he can get and not to bare his soul to the world.
He rightly wants to be seen as William, a person in his own right, rather than as the son of the Prince of Wales. He has been called YH since a very young age and it does not appear to have affected him.
So no, I don't think he is snobbish, just well mannered and well behaved.:)

Last edited:
It is his birthrite to be a snob lol.

Well maybe he could be snobby, well considering he is a british royal , i imagine he is a snob behind closed doors. Maybe not as snobby as other british royals. However, in public he seems very down to earth.

I don;t think the British Royals are snobs, they are polite speakers etc but a snob to me is someone who thinks they are better than everyone else and says so. A snob is rude.

Snobbery has nothing to do with money either, I know plenty of poor snobs!

William does not come across as a snob at all in my opinion, he seems a polite young man.

William is not a snob IMHO. He was taught better than that by his mother.

William has a difficult line to walk being the direct heir behind his father. He must remain somewhat aloof to protect himself and the monarchy and yet must show himself in touch with the people.

Usually at the age of 18, young royals begin to be called YRH by staff and servants. William eschews being called that or even Sir. He asks to be called William. That is not snobbish behavior in my opinion.

I personally think in order to know the true answer to this question, one would need to actually know the prince. However, from a personal standpoint, I think he is a kind young man who will make us a fine King when the time arrives.

Umm I don't think he is snob... He is very private person... I like him.... still do...... if he is snob and still liked him No matter what....

Maybe he's one of those shy people who isn't comfortable conversing well with people he meets the first time.

Snob or not, I don't know because I don't know him.

What you mean maybe is that he comes across as a bit aloof sometimes? I would agree with that: I also think it's either out of shyness or some sort of self-defense mechanism stemming from the fact he's been haunded since practically the day he was born. Just imagine how annoying that must be for anyone, whether you're the son of the worshipped Diana of Wales, or not.

princess olga said:
What you mean maybe is that he comes across as a bit aloof sometimes? I would agree with that: I also think it's either out of shyness or some sort of self-defense mechanism stemming from the fact he's been haunded since practically the day he was born. Just imagine how annoying that must be for anyone, whether you're the son of the worshipped Diana of Wales, or not.

I think he saw the mistakes his mother made and doesn't feel the need to 'court' the press or public.:)

Peaches said:
Maybe he's one of those shy people who isn't comfortable conversing well with people he meets the first time.

Snob or not, I don't know because I don't know him.
That's what I was thinking. Also, it's hard being just one of you and millions of other people to meet and talk to.

i think william seems really nice...not a snob at all. pherhaps when he was younger but now, i think he is really shy and will come out of his shell eventually...just like his late mother...i certainly dont think he is a snob

I think he's really down-to-earth! when u see his bbc interviews he comes across as very approachable...i think you're confusing reserved with snobb..he seems to hold-back a little bit of his personality but i guess that's the only way for him to keep a peice of himself private...diana was very open, too open for my liking and at the end her openess and trust in people was betrayed just check out how many people have flogges books about something she told them in private!

I think William learned from his mothers over openess. His mother couldnt keep her mouth shut and invited the media into her life. He knows being quite and giving the media little bits like his father is best. He is reserved. I dont think he is a snob but I havent seem much of him. Mystery is of vital importence in the monarchys survival.

This is an interesting converssation. I talked with some of my colleagues about a senior official in our company who is British. They all complained about his big ego.

I told them I didn't see an ego; if anything, he seemed rather humble. But as we got to talking, they explained that he had very fixed ideas. He tended to follow the established way of doing things and he followed business hierarchy when dealing with people.

That, I could see but I still don't think he's a snob; he just prefers to follow an established structure. Perhaps, William is the same. The royals are raised with a very structured upbringing. It's possible they take this trait with them when dealing with others.

Its not bad, IMHO, just another way of thinking.

Skydragon said:
I think he saw the mistakes his mother made and doesn't feel the need to 'court' the press or public.:)
SkyDragon, and also Johnny25, I completely agree. I think Diana made a huge mistake with that awful Bashir interview in 1995. After that interview, we all had the impression we knew everything there was to know about her, and she lost hugely in the respect department.
It is entirely possible that William learned his mother's lesson. She was a smart and cunning woman: so, potentially, is he.
Also, don't you all think that privately, William loathes the press because he might be of the opinion they are to blame for his mother's death? That's a good reason to appear aloof as soon as there's a camera nearby.

Ava Elizabeth said:
What do you think?

here is my opinion.
Wills is a future king. I believe if anyone of us was in his position would feel slightly better then a regular person for a reason. Since a lot of people are paying a great attention to him, what he does, whom he meets and etc, it is a very normal thing to feel a bit snobbish. Yes , I think that he is a bit snobbish, but for his stats is normal.

I think he is just really reserved, and doesn't like people knowing a lot about him, which often gets mistaken for snobbery. the same thing happened to me when i started high school. i wasn't confident enough to talk to people, and so was labeled as a 'stuck up snob' :rolleyes:

I think Diana made the mistakes regarding her dealings with the press which were very open; Charles made his own mistakes but they were not in dealing with the press.

Both Diana and Charles' private telephone conversations were leaked without their approval. You can't blame them for that.

Besides William being sensitive and shy was never going to be as open as his mother even if the nasty situation with the press had never developed. It doesn't make him a snob.

{ed}
I think that he is guarded with his private life & keeps alot of peple at a distance. Just look a former staff memebers writting books & such. So called rapes & whos gay or not ect...
I don't think that he is snobish at all Just very careful
Eidted?
Don't know what I said. But, OK sorry( Insert confused smiley here)

Last edited:
I think william is a snob.His gestures speak for themselves.Fine, we understand that you don't like to be photographed, but I think William is a snob.:)

First of all, what do you see as a snob ? In my opinion it is someone who does those typical activities like playing polo, going out in expensive clubs, … and who attaches a lot of importance to his clothes and especially their brands. But most of all, a snob thinks he’s superior just because of these activities and these clothes. It is obvious that William has all these characteristics (that’s very normal, considering his milieu, his education, …), but does he feel superior ? Well, I think we can’t judge because we don’t know him personally (like others said in this topic). We can only form an idea based on what the press shows us (and even that is very subjective). So, maybe Ava Elisabeth had that impression of William being snobbish because of (again like others already suggested) his shyness and maybe William doesn’t want to make the same mistakes as his mother.

P.S. This is my first post. I hope you understand my English (I’m more into French. Actually, why aren’t there topics where you can have a conversation in other languages ?).

Coquine said:
P.S. This is my first post. I hope you understand my English (I’m more into French. Actually, why aren’t there topics where you can have a conversation in other languages ?).
Welcome to The Royal Forums Coquine.
We don't have conversations in other languages because the language of this Board is English.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom