General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words a fun day out, as I had said, but also where visiting friends is also in the equation. Particularly given the fact that they visited during the Bonfire Night weekend, it all adds up.

I’ve always wanted to go to a Bonfire Night event.

I’ve always wanted to go to a Bonfire Night event.

Oh, if you’re ever in the UK in early November you should definitely go to one! There would probably be a display at the park nearest to your hotel/apartment as they are very popular over here. Fireworks are also very easy to make “homemade” displays out of - this year I invited some friends round, and we lit a bonfire in my garden and set of rockets and had sparklers on the go as well. I love late October/early November because the time between Halloween and Bonfire Night here in England is always super fun!

Oh, if you’re ever in the UK in early November you should definitely go to one! There would probably be a display at the park nearest to your hotel/apartment as they are very popular over here. Fireworks are also very easy to make “homemade” displays out of - this year I invited some friends round, and we lit a bonfire in my garden and set of rockets and had sparklers on the go as well. I love late October/early November because the time between Halloween and Bonfire Night here in England is always super fun!

And the food - we always did bangers and mash, or jacket potatoes cooked in the bonfire. Or Barbeque in November in UK. Great fun

And the food - we always did bangers and mash, or jacket potatoes cooked in the bonfire. Or Barbeque in November in UK. Great fun

Dman, HP, Cepe—you’ve got me thinking frequent flyer miles and a tartan rug! Sounds great fun

:previous: but need to wrap up well!

Come over, it is great fun

EDIT: I read recently that until 1856 (or thereabouts) it was illegal NOT to celebrate.

:previous: Indeed, it required all churches to preach on November 5th and in part read out the act, and people were required to attend. It was not then a celebration as it is now. That was overturned in 1859.

Anyways I loved bonfire night. I actually arrived in the UK about two weeks before when I moved there. It was my first big occasion. The food was amazing. Definitely a great welcome. Celebrated two while I was there, left a few weeks before my third.

I am sure the family had plenty of fun. Would have been great to catch up with the Grovesnors if they did indeed. Hugh's nieces and nephews are a good age for playing with George and Charlotte.

That is a lovely picture Rudolph. Who knew what would be ahead for them. In the two posts prior, a nod to Dman and Pranter, we know now they’ve joined “the trials and tribulations of parenthood”.

Yes, I remember and that was a very beautiful day. Those two were very nervous, but they looked so happy and in love, the nerves didn’t matter.

That is a lovely picture Rudolph. Who knew what would be ahead for them. In the two posts prior, a nod to Dman and Pranter, we know now they’ve joined “the trials and tribulations of parenthood”.

HA..and these trials don't end until death! Even when the kids are adults, parents are still parents.

LaRae

Roger Federer and his young family had a brush with royalty when they stopped by at Kensington Palace to visit their friends Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The Swiss tennis ace, who is in London this week for the ATP Finals, was joined by wife Mirka and their two sets of adorable twins on Wednesday night.

The family were spotted leaving their hotel on Wednesday afternoon before making the short drive to Kate and William's home where they stayed for around two hours.

Read more: Roger Federer and his family visit Kensington Palace

I am only linking to this because it is so ridiculous!! :bang::bang: Kate and William have been very tactile before. They have held hands going to church on Christmas morning and while they were hiking during one of their overseas tours. They spontaneously hugged each other once when watching an Olympics event, etc.etc Do they think we are idiots!?!?!?! :bang::bang: These people will not stop with the comparisons between Kate and Meghan.

Prince William and Kate Middleton visit the Blue Peter set | Daily Mail Online

There have been many times William and Kate showed affection to each other in public.

She's touched his leg like that I don't know how many times. I suspect that they are pretty tactile when the privacy of their homes.

LaRae

There have been many times William and Kate showed affection to each other in public.

She's touched his leg like that I don't know how many times. I suspect that they are pretty tactile when the privacy of their homes.

LaRae

I’ll say! A third crumb snatcher is on her/his way.

HA yes I'd say that's evidence in itself!

LaRae

:previous: Yes but according to the article the restaurant recently lost its liquor license so they might have made an adjustment in the price.

how lovely that they keep organising these staff dinners for xmas. this restaurant looks very nice too. i hear harry (and even meghan) were there too. i wasn't surprised to see harry but definitely surprised to see meghan there at this (early) stage in her relationship with the staff.

As we've seen with the Queen and with the Cambridges, these are people that appreciate the people that work for them and all that they do during the year. Meghan and Harry put in appearances at both holiday parties and I think that's really a nice gesture. Staff are going to be people that work closely with Meghan as she starts her public life and to me, its fitting that in the "getting to know you" phase of Meghan's engagement, staff were thought of as important to get to know and not just taken for granted that they'll be there.

Since royal staff aren't that well paid, they should make up for it in privileges for the staff....

I've heard that working for the BRF isn't top paying but in other ways, its something spectacular to have on a resume after leaving royal service. Especially if the "boss" gives a good references. :D

Don't they get food and board provided along with the actual salary?

LaRae

I think that mainly applies to household staff. Not sure about office staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom