General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to add that Charles also went to university, and he also served in the Navy including (eventually) captaining a ship. He would have met and had to lead men from all walks of life.

I think that experience led him to develop the Princes Trust - helping young people who did not have his advantages.

I think he understood that exposure to a wider community was benefical to his children.

Wiliam has said he doesn't want George to live behind palace walls which is all well and good. He (William, having done so, the Diana influence during his first decade and a half aside) obviously loved the alternate home life Kate's Bucklebury had to offer. George also has to understand life behind palace walls, he will be King one day, assuming he outlives his grandfather and father.

The time for George to learn about being King is later when he can understand it. It's not now. He needs to be a kid now and be treated like a regular kid. He probably doesn't know that he is Prince and that Gan Gan is Queen. He isn't going to comprehend that when his great grandmother, grandfather and father die, he will be King.

Charles and Diana obviously had their issues as parents, but I think they did strike a good balance between letting William and Harry have as many normal experiences as possible, while making it clear that they weren't going to have normal lives. William went to school, developed his own interests, chose his own university, etc, but he wasn't hidden away from the official obligations of royal life. He went with his parents to various events from a young age and certainly by the time he was a teenager he knew how to behave appropriately in any public situation.

It sounds like we'll see very much the same approach with George and Charlotte.

Great photo of Wiliam and George. Lovely father son shot :flowers:

Charlotte kind of seems like an after thought. It's like a portrait of the other two and she is landscape. All focus of the photographer and William are on George. Same with the full family photo. Your eyes are drawn to the proud parents watching George, and to him as his head is front. And then to Lupo. And then Charlotte.

Great quality shots. Beautiful. But odd focus. Even more evident in this one.

Although only two Charlotte already comes across as a little lady who does her own thing! This is a snap in time; thinking Lupo has just run past her or something else has caught her attention to make her laugh. George obviously under the feet of the photographer until the snap was taken seconds later as he comes into view with mum and dad. Only my assessment!

The time for George to learn about being King is later when he can understand it. It's not now. He needs to be a kid now and be treated like a regular kid. He probably doesn't know that he is Prince and that Gan Gan is Queen. He isn't going to comprehend that when his great grandmother, grandfather and father die, he will be King.

By the time William started school, aged 4, and Charles even younger they were both well aware that they would be King so I am sure that George understands that as well. What that will mean in the long term is still something to learn in the future but he would be well aware that not all children go onto the balcony at BP and that his grandmother's image is everywhere.

By the time William started school, aged 4, and Charles even younger they were both well aware that they would be King so I am sure that George understands that as well. What that will mean in the long term is still something to learn in the future but he would be well aware that not all children go onto the balcony at BP and that his grandmother's image is everywhere.
I agree. Its probably not something that you get sat down and told. More probably something that you learn more and more as you grow up. Kind of like you usually are not told your name, it's just something you pick up on the way :p

Just want to add that Charles also went to university, and he also served in the Navy including (eventually) captaining a ship. He would have met and had to lead men from all walks of life.

I think that experience led him to develop the Princes Trust - helping young people who did not have his advantages.

I think he understood that exposure to a wider community was benefical to his children.

To his credit, Charles has made concerted efforts at various times throughout his life to have experiences that might give him a better idea of what a "regular" life is like.

But my impression is that his experiences out in the "normal world" haven't had much chance at giving him a very accurate experience of normalcy. In some cases, like Gordonstoun, he was spitefully held at arms length due to his title. In others (Cambridge, large portions of his Naval career) he was given a very customized/insulated experience, partly in deference to his title, but partly for practical reasons. He had to be available to leave quite often to carry out royal duties. And his time at the university and in the military was first and foremost supposed to prepare him for being King, not really to help him get to know commoners. He has pointedly sought out experiences "close to the land" from time to time, one has to wonder how honest of an experience his hosts actually gave him (and I do think he hoped for honest, warts-and-all experiences)...or how much they quietly edited the schedule of duties because he was a prince. Or because sometimes it's just easier to do certain tasks without unskilled, volunteer "help."

I don't blame anyone for the way that many of his non-Royal experiences were kept relatively artificial. The BRF was feeling its way into new territory with his upbringing. At some point, there has to be a circle of separation between a prince and a greedy world of people trying to take advantage of him. They took a big step by having Charles spend more time outside palace walls at a young age, but built in separations almost as tightly protective (giving him special rooms and a non-standard course of study at Cambridge, for example) which ultimately kept his fellow students and sailors at a distance. Back in the 80s and 90s, Charles used to sound quite bitter about that stage in his life. His own description of seems to be that he was in those places without really being part of the community.

But the BRF seems to have learned lessons from his experience and tweaked their approach going forward. With Andrew and Edward, and then even more so with William and Harry, they have found different ways of building "walls" outside the bounds of their schools or military assignments, so that within that protective circle the princes can still have a somewhat typical experience at their schools or jobs.

It will be interesting to see if William carves out even larger space for his children to move around in relative normalcy, or if his comments simply mean that he wants George and Charlotte to have an upbringing more like his own than his father's.

Kensington Palace, the official Twitter account for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, shared the two photos on their Twitter page with the caption: 'Happy Father’s Day. Wishing all the fathers out there a very happy day.'

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 17

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will undertake an official visit to Norway and Sweden at the request of the FCO in early 2018.

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 28

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Finland on Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th November at the request of the FCO.

Offering an insight into the wedding of the century is former royal editor and biographer Duncan Larcombe who was one of the 1,900 guests.

Royal wedding guest reveals what it was really like | Daily Mail Online

The Cambridge family spotted at Chester Railway Station on Sunday

Prince William, Kate and children spotted at Chester Railway Station - Chester Chronicle

Kate Middleton, Prince William, Charlotte and George spotted on secret mystery visit to railway station - Mirror Online

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been nice if they shared a photo with Both his children :ermm:

Last edited:
But Catherine is also on these pics. Next question would be "where is Diana?"
They needed pic with William and children/child only.

No they didn't Need a photo with just Wiliam and the kids. There is no rule.

why would the next question be about Diana? It's Father's Day. Not having Diana in a photo is not the same as not including both children in a Father's Day photo. Diana was not a dad, but Charlotte os his daughter.

If they didn't want to include Kate, I am sure they could have had a third photo. Or Kate could have taken one.

But maybe Dman can provide a better defense of their opinion. I notice you have yet to ask them to defend his statement. Sure you are getting to that :whistling:

But by all means, while I wait for you to question Dman, how about this
https://mobile.twitter.com/padchaploy/status/870129675967676417

Last edited:
No they didn't Need a photo with just Wiliam and the kids. There is no rule.

why would the next question be about Diana? It's Father's Day. Not having Diana in a photo is not the same as not including both children in a Father's Day photo. Diana was not a dad, but Charlotte os his daughter.

If they didn't want to include Kate, I am sure they could have had a third photo. Or Kate could have taken one.

But maybe Dman can provide a better defense of their opinion. I notice you have yet to ask them to defend his statement. Sure you are getting to that :whistling:

But by all means, while I wait for you to question Dman, how about this
https://mobile.twitter.com/padchaploy/status/870129675967676417
You is right, it's Father's Day. Charlotte is not a father. They don't need two children to indicate that William is father.

You is right, it's Father's Day. Charlotte is not a father. They don't need two children to indicate that William is father.

By that argument why not a photo of him by himself. We know he is a dad, no kids required at all to indicate he is one :whistling:

I think when you have two kids, they should both be included. Plain and simple. My opinion and I am entitled to it.

I am done defending myself. I have yet to see any demands on Dman to defend his opinion. I wonder why. :whistling:

Huh? William is the father, of 2 kids. Of course Charlotte should have been included. And what a joke to use an old photo cutting off Harry :eek:

Clarence House tweeted a photo of Philip and Charles as a little boy in a boat

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/876368736114094080

Not Charles with his kids. Let's not forget KP twitter is for Cambridges and Harry and the royal themselves are not the ones tweeting.

Hmm..wonder could it be becayse Philip is Charies dad. You don't stop having a father when you become one :sad:

Yes, KP released the photo. And I am saying KP made a bad choice :bang:

But I am leaving this discussion. Because obviously some people aren't entitled to an opinion of their own. It's childish at best to pick on one poster, and not others who have the same opinion.

Happy Sunday :flowers:

Reactions: Ish
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

So KP should have attached just the photo with teenage age William and Harry with Charles. No one would have said any thing negative? KP Twitter also represents Kate. Where is a photo with Kate and her dad? It's not that serious what photos are attached to a tweet.

It's a beautiful thing that KP decided to tweet pictures for Father's Day, but if they're going to do that, it's best to show picture of William with Both of his kids. It's not that hard and pretty simple. KP just have a bad habit of making some mistakes.

This photo should've been used in the tweet-
http://mashable.com/2016/09/29/princess-charlotte-balloon-display/#NuG0_E3l1aqf

C'mon KP! use your heads!! Kinda remind me of the photos of the family that was released for William's interview. Charlotte was off to one side, while William, Catherine and George was together. Just silly mistakes.

Last edited:
Huh? William is the father, of 2 kids. Of course Charlotte should have been included. And what a joke to use an old photo cutting off Harry :eek:

If you're talking about the picture that Kensington Palace tweeted, if you look at it properly you will see that both Harry and William are in it :)

Clarence House tweeted a photo of Philip and Charles as a little boy in a boat

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/876368736114094080

Not Charles with his kids. Let's not forget KP twitter is for Cambridges and Harry and the royal themselves are not the ones tweeting.

Clarence House tweeted a picture with Charles and his father. He (or his team) chose to focus on the relationship he has with his own father, instead of focusing on his role as a father.

Kensington Palace chose to tweet two photos - one of William and Harry with their father, and one showing William as a father. The first cuts Harry out of the picture in the preview, despite KP being the official account of the Cambridges and Harry. The second only shows William with one of his children. Both are great pictures on their own, but aren't the best choices for the post that was made.

Maybe KP knows something we don't. All the males pictured in the photo release are fathers. Could it be that George has a love child somewhere and we just don't know it? Same with Harry. :p

I find it kind of silly to pick apart pictures that someone else though was an appropriate gesture to make for Father's Day. I was even wondering if Father's Day was the same in the UK as here in the States.

I enjoyed the pictures that were used though.

I didn't find the photos tweeted inappropriate--they were both of a father with his eldest child--the one to first make him be a father. And the one of George hugging his father was very sweet.

What a lot negative comments! Sad

Personally, I find the tweets from Clarence House and Kp delightful. Glad they have taken up the Fathers Day theme.

But my cup is always half full!

Hope you all had a great day.

It is sweet that CH and KP released the pictures for Fathers Day, but it made no sense leaving Charlotte out as she's William's daughter. CH tweeted a picture of Charles and two sons, because he's a father of two. KP tweeted a picture of Willian and George, because he's a father of one? They could've added the picture of William and his daughter in Canada. No one be complaining if KP press office just tweeted a picture of the man with his two kids.

I don't know why these dumb and very avoidable mistakes are being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom