The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
IMO, the unwillingness to wear tiaras stems from the British, and not the host countries. Trips by C&C are state visits in all but name. However, outside of CHOGM and the Dutch enthronement, I do not believe in over 12 years, I have seen Camilla in a tiara whilst abroad.
Muriel, I often agree with your points, but not in this I'm afraid.

1. Duchessrachel wrote that she was hoping for a tiara appearance from Kate. As I then wrote, the only possibility that these visits to Norway and Sweden would have included white tie dinners is if the Queen herself was coming for a state visit.

2. Dinners/performances for foreign guests in Norway:

Milestone birthdays under Haakon VII, Olav V and Harald V: One (or two) white tie dinners/events and one black tie dinner/event.

State visits from a Monarch/President: A white tie galla dinner at the palace in Oslo.

Official visits from a monarch/President: A black tie dinner (if any).

Visits from other royals: At best a black tie dinner (that happened with the Jubilee visit from Charles and Camilla in 2012).

3. So I don't think the ''unwillingness'' to don't wear tiaras stems only from the British.

4. Another thing I disagree with is that ''trips by C&C are state visits in all but name'', because there are other things that separates their official visits from other royal state visits. And I'm pretty sure we'll see Charles/Camilla in white tie with orders/tiaras as monarch/consort.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The point was to make that in this day and age, its not necessary to put the emphasis on bling but on what they're doing.

As much as tiara fans may not like it, occasions just don't warrant them that much anymore. They've gone the way of a 2400 baud modem. PM me privately if you wish to know what one was.
It just seems a waste to have all that jewelry sitting in the vaults taking on dust. If they are not going to wear it, they should just sell it and do something good with the money. Part of the mystery of the royal family to me is the tiaras and jewelry. Oh well, things do change.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department of the Swedish royal court, said to Svensk Damtidning magazine, that the news of William and Catherine's visit to Sweden in November are not true.
https://www.svenskdam.se/2017/10/vi-...-sverigebesok/
Old 10-17-2017, 05:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department of the Swedish royal court, said to Svensk Damtidning magazine, that the news of William and Catherine's visit to Sweden in November are not true.
https://www.svenskdam.se/2017/10/vi-...-sverigebesok/
That's a shame! I got all excited about the possibility of William and Catherine meeting Victoria and Daniel. The respective couples have a lot in common
Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd be surprised if Kate would be willing to do a foreign trip so early in her pregnancy. Even if it was planned (at some point) I could see it being cancelled. Anyway.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I'd be surprised if Kate would be willing to do a foreign trip so early in her pregnancy. Even if it was planned (at some point) I could see it being cancelled. Anyway.
She did go to New York while pregnant with Charlotte. If she's starting to return to duties, a visit to Scandinavia in November isn't too outrageous. I'm suspecting she's close to 13 weeks pregnant.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:01 AM
Majesty

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 17

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will undertake an official visit to Norway and Sweden at the request of the FCO in early 2018.

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 28

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Finland on Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th November at the request of the FCO.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 17

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will undertake an official visit to Norway and Sweden at the request of the FCO in early 2018.

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 28

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Finland on Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th November at the request of the FCO.
Yaaaay!!!!!
Old 10-17-2017, 07:11 AM
Nobility

Why not danemark
Old 10-17-2017, 07:13 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
Why not danemark
Probably because Harry is slated to visit Denmark this month on the 25th and the 26th.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

And because they were in Denmark for a short trip in 2011.

More on the visits to Finland, Norway and Sweden:
It's all over the news here in Norway - the main story on TV2 News Channel with Royal Expert Kjell Arne Totland in the studio.

Tweets from Richard Palmer:

Richard Palmer‏ @RoyalReporter
The Duke of Cambridge will visit Finland November 29 and 30. He and Kate will tour Norway and Sweden in early 2018, Kensington Palace says.

Both overseas visits are at the request of Britain's Foreign Office. We had expected William and Kate in Scandinavia next month.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter
The palace had originally planned for William and Kate to make a four or five-day visit to all three countries in late November.

Kate's illness has forced a change of plans. I'm told there's no possibility of her going to Finland even if she is better by then.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is the official confirmation from the Norwegian Royal Court:

Besøk fra Storbritannia - kongehuset.no
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Article from the The Press Association for the DF and other british news outlets:
William and Kate to visit Norway and Sweden in 2018 | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are to make an official visit to Norway and Sweden next year.

Kate, who is expecting her third child, will be well into her pregnancy when she makes the trip early in 2018.

Kensington Palace said the couple had been asked to undertake the Scandinavian visit on behalf of the Foreign Office.
Article from Richard Palmer:
Kate Middleton suffers morning sickness hell: Pregnant Duchess forced to cancel trip | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Quote:
She and William had been due to spend four or five days touring Norway, Sweden, and Finland but Kensington Palace has decided she is not well enough to undertake the tour at the request of the Foreign Office.

Instead, William, 35, will make a two-day visit to Finland on November 29 and 30 and the couple have postponed their visit to Norway and Sweden until early 2018.

It was not possible to postpone the trip to Finland until next year, as the main official reason for going is to celebrate Finland's centenary year as a nation.
Blog post from Kjell Arne Totland with quotes translated by me:
William og Kate til Norge! | Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Quote:
Earlier this year, the duke and duchess was on a so-called "charm offensive" in Poland and Germany in connection with Brexit. And probably also the visit to Norway has been planned to strengthen relations between our two countries - and perhaps also to promote new bilateral agreements.

It belongs to the story that William and Kate brought both their children to Poland and Germany. So maybe we'll see George and Charlotte in Norway too...

Currently, no date or program is available for the visit, but one thing is for sure:

This will be great - and I'm already looking forward to it!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope they will take George and Charlotte with them to Norway/Sweden!

LaRae
Old 10-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well that was some good intel from the Swedish Press Secretary wasn’t it!

Where do the threads go? Swedish&Norwegian sections I assume?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

I’m glad the visits to Sweden and Norway has been pushed to early 2018. That give time for Catherine to be able to attend. She’s determined not to miss that trip.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Wouldn't George be expected to be in school? And I believe that I read that Chatlotte could also start her preschool at hthe same school in January.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes unless it's during a spring break? Do they have those in the U.K.?

LaRae
Old 10-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Wouldn't George be expected to be in school? And I believe that I read that Chatlotte could also start her preschool at hthe same school in January.
I don't expect the children to accompany their parents on their trip.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes unless it's during a spring break? Do they have those in the U.K.?

LaRae
There is a week off in mid-Feb for half term, and then around 3-4 weeks from latest onwards