The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2017, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Just a week or so ago Kate (in response to a baby gift) said something about having to have another baby ...of course it was off the cuff ...however you never know!

LaRae

Old 07-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

It,is really none of our business

Old 07-30-2017, 10:57 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think its rather boorish for anyone to suggest the size of a family to anyone unless they're the mother's doctor and there's medical reasons not to have another pregnancy.

I realize that Will and Kate are public figures and their roles are very public ones but when it comes to their personal and private life, no one has the right to even think about what they should or shouldn't do. Its a personal decision on the size of their family.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Nobility

Yeah, if you read the linked article, it's obvious that the organization is simply using the Cambridges' notoriety to try and get their message across re attempting to advise young families to think about family planning in terms of sustainability in the world we live in. However, they are barking up the wrong tree trying to piggyback on the royals' popularity and having the gall to suggest that Will & Kate need to somehow lead by example on this issue. Bad form altogether and totally presumptuous. The Cambridges will completely ignore them as they have every right to do.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think its rather boorish for anyone to suggest the size of a family to anyone unless they're the mother's doctor and there's medical reasons not to have another pregnancy.

I realize that Will and Kate are public figures and their roles are very public ones but when it comes to their personal and private life, no one has the right to even think about what they should or shouldn't do. Its a personal decision on the size of their family.
As per usual, I 100% agree Osipi. I read the headline and knew that it was enough for me alone to not read the article. Some people need to stop sticking their noses in other people's private business, regardless of how famous the other people are. The size of their family should be William and Catherine's decision only.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Aren't they going to Scandinavia here soon?

LaRae
Old 08-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

There have been rumours of a possible Scandinavian tour later this year but there were rumours of a Caribbean tour a year or so back as well which came to nothing. Until there is an official announcement all these are rumours.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Aren't they going to Scandinavia here soon?

LaRae
That's the reason I have put my break from TRF on hold, because I'm waiting for news on that very interesting trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There have been rumours of a possible Scandinavian tour later this year but there were rumours of a Caribbean tour a year or so back as well which came to nothing. Until there is an official announcement all these are rumours.
Not rumours. William talked to some norwegians during a garden party at BP in may. He said the following: Hopefully we are going to Norway very soon, we are going to do a Scandinavian trip.

Video:
Shows exterior shots Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, talking to... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images
Old 08-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not a rumor, I saw the clip (posted here) where William says to a guest that they are going to Norway/Scandinavia in the fall I believe.

LaRae
Old 08-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not a rumor, I saw the clip (posted here) where William says to a guest that they are going to Norway/Scandinavia in the fall I believe.

LaRae
What actually happened was that William was talking to someone in the crowd at one of the Garden Parties and he said he 'hoped' to be going to Scandinavia - nothing official but a throw-away line about something that may be going to happen. That makes it still a rumour in mind - nothing official has been announced. It was the same with the Caribbean visit they were rumoured to be going to make - a throw-away line that turned into Harry going to the Caribbean and William and Kate going elsewhere. I suspect that 'Scandinavia' turned into Poland and Germany. It would be rare to have two tours so close together geographically in the same year by the same couple.

If William and Kate are to make another overseas tour this year (already have three each under their belts) it is more likely to be to some Commonwealth country - they haven't been to Africa officially yet where there are many Commonwealth countries. Add to that George is starting school in September and they have already indicated that once that happens they don't want to be away while he is at school so that means any more overseas tours by them will have to be either this month or not until mid-term or Christmas.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What actually happened was that William was talking to someone in the crowd at one of the Garden Parties and he said he 'hoped' to be going to Scandinavia - nothing official but a throw-away line about something that may be going to happen. That makes it still a rumour in mind - nothing official has been announced. It was the same with the Caribbean visit they were rumoured to be going to make - a throw-away line that turned into Harry going to the Caribbean and William and Kate going elsewhere. I suspect that 'Scandinavia' turned into Poland and Germany. It would be rare to have two tours so close together geographically in the same year by the same couple.

If William and Kate are to make another overseas tour this year (already have three each under their belts) it is more likely to be to some Commonwealth country - they haven't been to Africa officially yet where there are many Commonwealth countries. Add to that George is starting school in September and they have already indicated that once that happens they don't want to be away while he is at school so that means any more overseas tours by them will have to be either this month or not until mid-term or Christmas.
He didn't said he 'hoped' to be going to Scandinavia - he said: ''Hopefully we are going to Norway very soon, we are going to do a Scandinavian trip.'' And we had already got news on the trip to Poland and Germany at that point.