The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Media should be on notice even more than before....very clear he isn't going to tolerate any of the craziness that went on with his mother.....and I wonder just who it is he is referring to when he talks about holding people accountable for not looking out for her etc. That's a wild card there.

LaRae
I think he's holding a lot of people accountable...family, friends and the media.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think he's holding a lot of people accountable...family, friends and the media.
Oh yes and that includes his own family as well as hers...bit dicey but perhaps that's (at least with his family) already all been hashed out some time ago.

LaRae

Old 06-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
And himself! Very clear that they have alot of guilt over not being able to protect her.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

A shame ...they had 0 ability to do anything to help her, being young children themselves.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Right, it's why I said before, they were young lads when she was going through her tough times and they weren't able to be of much help to her other than to love her. That was the best they could do in those days. She loved them and they loved her. It did help her to keep going though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Thanks for posting the entire interview. The snippets make way more sense now in the context of the whole interview.
GEnuine question, but where is the full interview? Ive looked on here and cant find it. There is a link to an article in the Standard but that doesnt seem to be the full interview.

Ive looked on GQ and you have to pay/download an app.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ It was removed because of copyright. Great interview though.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you. Thought I was having a senior moment!

Old 06-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Do be sure to look it up cepe..it's the best one I've read yet.

LaRae
Old 06-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Do be sure to look it up cepe..it's the best one I've read yet.

LaRae
It is a very good interview from William and without any limitations.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I read a snippet of William's interview from GQ's website and I thought it was a great interview, William gave really good answers. I particularly liked his thoughts on George:

"I want George to grow up in a real, living environment, I don’t want him growing up behind palace walls, he has to be out there. The media make it harder but I will fight for them to have a normal life."

I think I'll have to purchase a copy of the magazine, because it seems like one worth buying.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-04-2017, 06:13 AM
Courtier

The princes, particularly William as Harry always appeared as more a prince of the people, although of course appearances can often count for nothing, have been extraordinarily frank and open. It's like a veil has been lifted off! I think their own involvement with the HeadsTogether Trust has helped them more than they could have anticipated or expected. Win Win all round!
Old 06-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

With the Queen, she basically grew up within the palace walls, Charles was sent in boarding school but it was still kind of formal, he didn't develop close childhood friends, William was sent to private school as a toddler developed long friendships from his school mates, sent on a gap year with various activities with other people his age, university of his choice, military career and then air ambulance job. He has been exposed to more regular people at this point in his life then his father and grandmother would have been. We see George going down a similar path as William but with girls included in his schooling compared to the boys only schooling of William.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Excellent points Skippyboo and IMO the differences between the educational environments of QEII, the PoW and William are striking. William and Harry have had more opportunities to be introduced to the life that most Britons live because of their education and post-school years.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
With the Queen, she basically grew up within the palace walls, Charles was sent in boarding school but it was still kind of formal, he didn't develop close childhood friends, William was sent to private school as a toddler developed long friendships from his school mates, sent on a gap year with various activities with other people his age, university of his choice, military career and then air ambulance job. He has been exposed to more regular people at this point in his life then his father and grandmother would have been. We see George going down a similar path as William but with girls included in his schooling compared to the boys only schooling of William.
Yes, that is true. I do believe that Charles and Diana tried to give their sons as normal lives as possible, since Diana in particular (without wanting to turn the thread into a discussion about her) tried to give William and Harry 'normal' experiences, like visits to theme parks etc. I think it's great that royal children now are being exposed to regular life, as it will enable them to relate to the people more. Royal children in the past, for example, would not have been able to relate to school experiences, since most of them were tutored and in the case of the future kings and queens, were mostly taught about how to rule. So they couldn't discuss school life with their subjects when they were in the appropriate situation.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Just want to add that Charles also went to university, and he also served in the Navy including (eventually) captaining a ship. He would have met and had to lead men from all walks of life.

I think that experience led him to develop the Princes Trust - helping young people who did not have his advantages.

I think he understood that exposure to a wider community was benefical to his children.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:04 AM
Courtier

Wiliam has said he doesn't want George to live behind palace walls which is all well and good. He (William, having done so, the Diana influence during his first decade and a half aside) obviously loved the alternate home life Kate's Bucklebury had to offer. George also has to understand life behind palace walls, he will be King one day, assuming he outlives his grandfather and father.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The time for George to learn about being King is later when he can understand it. It's not now. He needs to be a kid now and be treated like a regular kid. He probably doesn't know that he is Prince and that Gan Gan is Queen. He isn't going to comprehend that when his great grandmother, grandfather and father die, he will be King.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Charles and Diana obviously had their issues as parents, but I think they did strike a good balance between letting William and Harry have as many normal experiences as possible, while making it clear that they weren't going to have normal lives. William went to school, developed his own interests, chose his own university, etc, but he wasn't hidden away from the official obligations of royal life. He went with his parents to various events from a young age and certainly by the time he was a teenager he knew how to behave appropriately in any public situation.

It sounds like we'll see very much the same approach with George and Charlotte.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Great photo of Wiliam and George. Lovely father son shot

Charlotte kind of seems like an after thought. It's like a portrait of the other two and she is landscape. All focus of the photographer and William are on George. Same with the full family photo. Your eyes are drawn to the proud parents watching George, and to him as his head is front. And then to Lupo. And then Charlotte.

Great quality shots. Beautiful. But odd focus. Even more evident in this one.
Although only two Charlotte already comes across as a little lady who does her own thing! This is a snap in time; thinking Lupo has just run past her or something else has caught her attention to make her laugh. George obviously under the feet of the photographer until the snap was taken seconds later as he comes into view with mum and dad. Only my assessment!