The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Majesty

This article is about the Heads Together Campaign

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-30-2017, 12:07 AM
Majesty

Beautiful photo. Love black and white.

As much as I get using Kate do not to bother the kids, a photo like this does make you appreciate professional photos.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:12 AM
Serene Highness

another photo of Will & the kids

https://twitter.com/james_elliott_/s...27817628102656
Old 05-30-2017, 12:19 AM
Majesty

Great photo of Wiliam and George. Lovely father son shot

Charlotte kind of seems like an after thought. It's like a portrait of the other two and she is landscape. All focus of the photographer and William are on George. Same with the full family photo. Your eyes are drawn to the proud parents watching George, and to him as his head is front. And then to Lupo. And then Charlotte.

Great quality shots. Beautiful. But odd focus. Even more evident in this one.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:33 AM
Majesty

Well..it's the photographer you'd have to ask..or the person who chooses what pics to use?

LaRae
Old 05-30-2017, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great photos. I love the one of William. We need more photos like these of 2 future kings
Old 05-30-2017, 12:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Well..it's the photographer you'd have to ask..or the person who chooses what pics to use?

LaRae
Not criticizing the couple

I am just looking at the photos from photographer/artist eye (okay like Kate amateur photographer and art history classes). The focus on the photo seems to centered oddly. If the focus is on the future kings, wonderful, just odd having Charlotte in there. Would be lovely, maybe there is, of a similar photo with William and his daughter. Father daughter moment. The photos just seem lopsided in focus.

Not everything is a comment on the couple
Old 05-30-2017, 12:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Not criticizing the couple

I am just looking at the photos from photographer/artist eye (okay like Kate amateur photographer and art history classes). The focus on the photo seems to centered oddly. If the focus is on the future kings, wonderful, just odd having Charlotte in there. Would be lovely, maybe there is, of a similar photo with William and his daughter. Father daughter moment. The photos just seem lopsided in focus.

Not everything is a comment on the couple
Sorry...but I never said you were commenting on the couple...I thought a professional photographer took the photos...and the magazine would decide what pics to use...

LaRae
Old 05-30-2017, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Those photos are perfect, if you agree with me that Charlotte is quite the independent, happy child who seems able to amuse herself. Maybe also a bit dreamy and stubborn, as she seems unwilling to hear the calls to look at the camera.

Which may be something that they have already taught these kids. Even if they call your name, you do not have to look at the camera.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The photos are a nice surprise! I think the second one is my favourite. I love little Charlotte's dress. I like how they have published the photos in black and white - it gives them a kind of old soul feel, and paired with George and Charlotte's vintage looking clothes it almost looks like an original old photograph. My only qualm would be that in the first photo; Charlotte isn't focused properly enough so she is in with the rest of the family, but I guess young children of their age are hard to photograph because they're always running off somewhere! I try to photograph my little cousin nicely; but he's always off I think it's cute that they include Lupo in the family photos too. I'm looking forward into seeing the others!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Nobility

Yes, I came across the publicity announcement for the British GQ feature on Prince Willaim and family via Vanity Fair:

See A New Photograph of Kate and William At Home with George and Charlotte | Vanity Fair

Prince William makes a fine cover man.

The candid snaps of the family are lovely. I didn't realize that Lupo is rather a small dog. How old is Lupo?

Excerpts from the interview:
http://www.today.com/news/prince-wil...ge-new-t112096

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
That's the first time I've seen Prince George wearing long pants. He'll turn 4-years-old on July 22. Kids do grow up so fast.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:44 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, this is a nice surprise! I like the photos. The one of William alone is really well done. He should let GQ style him all the time! The one with William and the children is also very sweet.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe Lupo is five and was a present from James Midfleton. He's a son of one of Carole's dogs. Isn't he a variety of poodle? We used to have one who resembled Lupo. Very faithful and loyal and the coat, being woolly, doesn't shed, great for asthmatics like my daughter.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:35 PM
Majesty

I'm pretty sure Lupo is a Cocker Spaniel.

LaRae
Old 05-31-2017, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I believe Lupo is five and was a present from James Midfleton. He's a son of one of Carole's dogs. Isn't he a variety of poodle? We used to have one who resembled Lupo. Very faithful and loyal and the coat, being woolly, doesn't shed, great for asthmatics like my daughter.
Mixed reports. Said to be son of Carole's dog, but Ella. And as we know from interviews, Ella belongs to James, likely why he was the one to give it. The parents have one dog for certain, Tilly, the retriever we have seen Kate walk and was in the first family photo of George. There is also a male spaniel, Otto who is said to have eaten earrings Kate got from William. But Otto is reported as being brother to Ella, so highly unlikely to be Lupos sire. Not sure if Otto is still around or he ate the earrings as a puppy in a litter.

But Ella, Rafa, Lupo and Otto are English cocker spaniels. Not poodles.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

William on his letters to ministers and dealing with his mother's passing.

I write to ministers just like my dad, says William | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

]Alastair Campbell: Even as a staunch republican I am full of praise for the young royals | London Evening Standard

Alistair Campbell on his interview with William.

This passage caught my eye as I have read that William is troubled by the suicide rate in the UK.

Quote:
Prince William has experience of dealing with the shattering effect of suicide, in his work as an air ambulance pilot. I also know he and Kate have made a private visit to the country’s only suicide sanctuary, of which I am a patron, and he was shocked to discover it is the only one of its kind.
This is the sanctuary that Campbell refers to in the article.

http://www.maytree.org.uk/patrons.php
Old 06-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

It was the best interview I've ever read from William. His openness, blunt and honest thoughts and feelings about...the mental health campaign, the monarchy, his private family life, politics and his mother was completely unbelievable. I truly enjoyed reading the interview the other day and I hope he continues to do well in his life. He's a good guy with a good head on shoulders and I'm happy for him.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Excellent... He's very open about his views on what happened with his mother and how this effects him now...great insights.

LaRae

Media should be on notice even more than before....very clear he isn't going to tolerate any of the craziness that went on with his mother.....and I wonder just who it is he is referring to when he talks about holding people accountable for not looking out for her etc. That's a wild card there.

LaRae
Old 06-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for posting the entire interview. The snippets make way more sense now in the context of the whole interview.