The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Following the examples of the Queen and the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge has also released a public statement on the horrific attack yesterday in Manchester.

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...109826/photo/1

He is speaking in the note on behalf of himself, his wife and, curiously, Prince Harry.

Harry does share an official office and staff with the Duke & Duchess, so that makes sense

Old 05-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Following the examples of the Queen and the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge has also released a public statement on the horrific attack yesterday in Manchester.

He is speaking in the note on behalf of himself, his wife and, curiously, Prince Harry.
This seriously isn't the time to get into debates about who said what but the three of them often say things on behalf of each other

Old 05-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:

What is curious about including Harry in the message? They have a combined office.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

It's not curious at all. The Queen's statement could have also been worded differently to include the entire royal family instead of three different statements
Old 05-23-2017, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It's not curious at all. The Queen's statement could have also been worded differently to include the entire royal family instead of three different statements
They all have their own offices. It makes sense for all three senior offices to release their own statements.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Actually what the Queen did was speak as the monarch on the behalf of the entire nation in her statement. I'm sure her family was included among all of those people.

"I know I speak for everyone in expressing my deepest sympathy to all who have been affected by this dreadful event and especially to the families and friends of those who have died or were injured."

William did the same thing as a directive from the offices of William, Harry and Kate. Nothing unusual at all.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually what the Queen did was speak as the monarch on the behalf of the entire nation in her statement. I'm sure her family was included among all of those people.

"I know I speak for everyone in expressing my deepest sympathy to all who have been affected by this dreadful event and especially to the families and friends of those who have died or were injured."

William did the same thing as a directive from the offices of William, Harry and Kate. Nothing unusual at all.

It make sense that , if there are 3 separate households for the Queen, the Prince of Wales, and the Duke of Cambridge, there should be 3 separate statements. I didn't know Harry was under William's household. That is why I found it curious.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry isn't in or under William's Household at all. The Cambridges and Harry share offices at KP. The joint statement was issued on behalf of all three of them.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Majesty

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have sent individual thank you notes to well-wishers after Princess Charlotte celebrated her second birthday on 2 May. The front of the card featured the official birthday portrait, which was taken in April by Duchess Kate at their home in Norfolk. "

Prince William and Kate send thank you cards after Princess Charlotte's birthday
Old 05-28-2017, 04:33 AM
Courtier

Charlotte strikes me as a very determined little lady. Kate had her very much in hand during the post wedding photo session, even before they left the church and held on to her until safely deposited into the car. Understandable, only two and the youngest attendant, but guessing Kate wasn't taking any chances based on experience!
Old 05-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Majesty

Having a granddaughter almost the same age as Charlotte (and apparently a similar personality) I can totally understand Kate not letting go of her! LOL

LaRae
Old 05-28-2017, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Charlotte strikes me as a very determined little lady. Kate had her very much in hand during the post wedding photo session, even before they left the church and held on to her until safely deposited into the car. Understandable, only two and the youngest attendant, but guessing Kate wasn't taking any chances based on experience!
Aw, I think the same! It looked as if Catherine had her hands full with Charlotte at the wedding. I noticed she was with her more than the other children. She seems to be a determined, impish and fun-loving little girl. A delight to see.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-29-2017, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We have a new family picture courtesy of Williams interview with GQ for their July Issue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA_AgiIXsAAbAnD.jpg
Old 05-29-2017, 07:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We have a new family picture courtesy of Williams interview with GQ for their July Issue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA_AgiIXsAAbAnD.jpg
Woo hoo it's HRH Lupo
Old 05-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Such beautiful picture of the family and their dog.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:58 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As this was part of an interview for GQ, I'm wondering if they met at the Cambridge's office at KP and had the photograph taken in the walled garden there.

Its a wonderful photo of a family at rest and play complete with romping dog getting in on the act. It really does portray a happy family life.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Majesty

Love black and white photos....very charming picture.

LaRae
Old 05-29-2017, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope everyone pays attention on the Cambridge's priority and importance of their family love and stability at home. Nothing else matters if that's not taken care of, and I think it's great he mentioned this in the interview. Natural lessons from the past too.

Beautiful picture of the family. These are the kind of pictures I think they should continue producing. Showing the family in a natural and relaxed light. Mixed with some regal pics as well.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the relaxed nature of this photo and I hope that this is just a teaser of the ones that might be included in the issue.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:08 PM
Majesty

The Cambridges, the GQ family. Lovely photo of the family relaxing in the garden.