General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you insist on 'little girls need to be in cute little dresses' then there should be shorts under the dresses at occasions like this. Charlotte should be able to be doing sommersaults and anything else without worrying about flashing anyone. Occasions like this call for some cute play clothes. Put her in a dress fine, but a little pair of shorts would be good.

Charlotte doesn't seem to worry at all about her knickers showing and why should she be. Anyone who sees anything improper in that is the one with the problems not this 3 year old girl.

Savannah is like 11 or something. She was wearing a skirt and wasn’t worried about ‘flashing’. The pic of her with her arm around Charlotte, her legs are wide open.

Stuff like that doesn’t bother kids.

Savannah will turn only eight at the end of the year.

Savannah is 7, she was born in December 2010.

Kids don't have issues with lots of things. Like climbing on things they shouldn't. Riding bikes without helmets. Playing with sharp objects. If we raised kids by 'whatever they aren't bothered by' we would have a lot of injured and dead kids.

Sorry there are a lot of sick people out there. And when you know your kid is going to be photographed all over the newspapers and social media, that is a consideration. Either you dress them so they can have fun, or you make them sit like 'a little lady'. Only one of those is fun for a kid.

This 'she is in a dress only age' is such an old fashioned concept. If your little girl isn't in a dress or pink, no one is going to have a fit. Or think her a boy.

Charlotte doesn't seem to worry at all about her knickers showing and why should she be. Anyone who sees anything improper in that is the one with the problems not this 3 year old girl.

Absolutely. Sexualizing a 3 year old is ridiculous. As is comparing wearing normal clothes to something dangerous and neglectful like 'playing with sharp objects' and riding without a helmet.

I know royal women are often the targets of hate from royal-watchers but to start early with a 3 year old is depressing. I imagine it will grow exponentially by the time she's in her teens.:glare:

Savannah is like 11 or something. She was wearing a skirt and wasn’t worried about ‘flashing’. The pic of her with her arm around Charlotte, her legs are wide open.

Stuff like that doesn’t bother kids.

You know what... I saw the picture of Savannah (who is 7, not 11) and part of me instantly cringed. Not because Savannah should have to worry about “flashing” in any way, but because her parents should be aware that there are sick people out there, and that their kids are going to be photographed and have their pictures posted on the internet. And while the kids shouldn’t have to worry about it, or be told to sit “lady like” or told that they can’t dance around or do cartwheels, their parents should have the foresight to have their skirt or dress wearing daughter wear shorts underneath.

The fact is, we live in a society where that should be a concern for parents - not the girls, because they’re kids, but the parents.

This 'she is in a dress only age' is such an old fashioned concept. If your little girl isn't in a dress or pink, no one is going to have a fit. Or think her a boy.

I disagree here - while I agree that no parent should be all “you’re a girl, so you have to wear dresses or pink”, I also know that kids have their own opinions about what they will and will not wear. I have nephews who are close in age to George and Charlotte, and if they’ve decided what they want to wear, it is a fight to get them to change their mind. For all we know, Charlotte could absolutely love wearing dresses and refuses to wear something else - in which case Kate is wise to pick her battles. Let Charlotte wear dresses (just maybe stick shorts on underneath).

Charlotte shouldn't have to worry about keeping her skirt down but that is the job of her parents. Parents are parents because they have more knowledge about the world than their kids; which is why the parents put the shorts on the little ones because Charlotte doesn't care nor does she know.
Though when my prek girls were wearing skirts I did make a habit of teaching them how to sit with them on; they are in school and I felt I would help them with the learning process.

Excatly I can’t understand anyone having a problem with it

Because there are sick people out there...

LaRae

There's nothing wrong with what Charlotte is wearing. She's wearing a comfortable play dress - probably more comfortable than the shorts set that George is wearing - that allows her to run around and move freely.

The only things this dress reveals are her legs and the fact that she's wearing regular little kids' style underclothing. I'm all for adults and even older children erring on the side of modesty but Charlotte is THREE and everything that should be covered up in public is covered.

Charlotte seems to have her Uncle Harry's cheekiness to her! I tend to think Charlotte heavily favors the Windsors while George is nothing but a mini Michael Middleton with blonde hair, I see a LOT of Kate in Charlotte in these pics! I usually only see the Queen or Lady Sarah!

Agree 100%. :flowers: Total Michael Middleton (in looks if not in temperament). But I am completely puzzled by Charlotte. She looks like no one, yet, to me. Very distinctive look, though. Strong personality comes through. ;)

All beautiful photos. Kate looks so happy with her little ones .. lovely family

Which wouldn't even be far-fetched considering Madeleine and her family live in London and I believe Nicolas and Charlotte are only a few months apart, aswell as Louis and Adrienne. Who knows if those kids might attend the same schools.

Pretty sure Madeleine and the family have moved or are moving out of London however, or at least moving out of their current abode as it's for sale. :flowers:

Who as a kid doesn't remember singing the ditty "I see London, I see France...." Its giggles all around. I remember being like Charlotte around her age and throwing a major fit when my mother wanted me to wear jeans or shorts. Then the tide turned and she couldn't get me *not* to wear jeans and into a dress.

Kids are spontaneous and innocent and want to discover their world full steam ahead and its the adults that know the dangers and the pitfalls out there. Actually, looking at the wonderful photos presented by the Daily Mail, their photographers discretely didn't show photos showing anything but a child enjoying her day. Kudos to the DM for that. Anyone that would publish a picture showing any thing else, the blame is to be put on the publisher. Not Charlotte nor her mother.

I wonder if they all descended on Charles and Camilla at Highgrove for a Sunday dinner after the polo game. Its right in the neighborhood. [emoji3]
After the Trooping, the Camridges may have driven over to Highgrove to spend the weekend there.

There's nothing wrong with what Charlotte is wearing. She's wearing a comfortable play dress - probably more comfortable than the shorts set that George is wearing - that allows her to run around and move freely.

The only things this dress reveals are her legs and the fact that she's wearing regular little kids' style underclothing. I'm all for adults and even older children erring on the side of modesty but Charlotte is THREE and everything that should be covered up in public is covered.
I could not agree more with you. Happy children playing in the sun. Perhaps this is a European thing, but we are quite relaxed if a small child accidently shows a bit of underwear whilst out playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not agree more with you. Happy children playing in the sun. Perhaps this is a European thing, but we are quite relaxed if a small child accidently shows a bit of underwear whilst out playing.

I agree that a bit of underwear showing is not a big deal. To be honest I'm more concerned about those children who do not have the opportunity to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine because they don't have access to a safe place to play.

Who as a kid doesn't remember singing the ditty "I see London, I see France...." Its giggles all around. I remember being like Charlotte around her age and throwing a major fit when my mother wanted me to wear jeans or shorts. Then the tide turned and she couldn't get me *not* to wear jeans and into a dress.

Kids are spontaneous and innocent and want to discover their world full steam ahead and its the adults that know the dangers and the pitfalls out there. Actually, looking at the wonderful photos presented by the Daily Mail, their photographers discretely didn't show photos showing anything but a child enjoying her day. Kudos to the DM for that. Anyone that would publish a picture showing any thing else, the blame is to be put on the publisher. Not Charlotte nor her mother.
:previous: A sensible and realistic outlook when it comes to children and their clothing Osipi. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can see are children kicking off their shoes and have a grand ole time. Loved seeing these photos of them out running around and rolling down hills. I bet they do the same at Anmer, no shoes just running around outside with Mom and Dad. Lovely!

All I can see are children kicking off their shoes and have a grand ole time. Loved seeing these photos of them out running around and rolling down hills. I bet they do the same at Anmer, no shoes just running around outside with Mom and Dad. Lovely!

I guess I sound priggish, but I don't think it's a good idea to go without shoes.
A child might step on something sharp, get bitten by a tick, or anything!
Nice concept of freedom, but in practice- no. :ohmy:

Yes very lovely...I suspect all these cousins (adults and children) get together quite a bit.

LaRae

I recall reading somewhere that Mike Tindall remarked that the cousins were very close but its' always nice to see it in action.

I recall reading somewhere that Mike Tindall remarked that the cousins were very close but its' always nice to see it in action.

Yes I think that was right before Harry's wedding the comment was made.

LaRae

I am curious why everyone is so concerned about Charlotte's dress coming up, but no one has a problem with George playing with a gun? Kind of odd what people find disturbing.

I am curious why everyone is so concerned about Charlotte's dress coming up, but no one has a problem with George playing with a gun? Kind of odd what people find disturbing.

I noticed that as well; not so much the contradiction but George playing with a gun. Not all parents would be ok with that.

Probably it is less of an issue in the UK than in the USA because of the vary different culture regarding weapons.

Agree 100%. :flowers: Total Michael Middleton (in looks if not in temperament). But I am completely puzzled by Charlotte. She looks like no one, yet, to me. Very distinctive look, though. Strong personality comes through. ;)

Quoting myself, I know. :rolleyes: But I have finally had a flash on who Charlotte resembles: Carole Middleton! :flowers: Take a look at Carole's face. Charlotte has Carole's wide face and smile down to a 'T'. Looks like them Middleton genes have come through with flying colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom