The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Oh, if you’re ever in the UK in early November you should definitely go to one! There would probably be a display at the park nearest to your hotel/apartment as they are very popular over here. Fireworks are also very easy to make “homemade” displays out of - this year I invited some friends round, and we lit a bonfire in my garden and set of rockets and had sparklers on the go as well. I love late October/early November because the time between Halloween and Bonfire Night here in England is always super fun!
And the food - we always did bangers and mash, or jacket potatoes cooked in the bonfire. Or Barbeque in November in UK. Great fun

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
And the food - we always did bangers and mash, or jacket potatoes cooked in the bonfire. Or Barbeque in November in UK. Great fun
Dman, HP, Cepe—you’ve got me thinking frequent flyer miles and a tartan rug! Sounds great fun

Old 11-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Majesty

but need to wrap up well!

Come over, it is great fun

EDIT: I read recently that until 1856 (or thereabouts) it was illegal NOT to celebrate.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Majesty

Indeed, it required all churches to preach on November 5th and in part read out the act, and people were required to attend. It was not then a celebration as it is now. That was overturned in 1859.

Anyways I loved bonfire night. I actually arrived in the UK about two weeks before when I moved there. It was my first big occasion. The food was amazing. Definitely a great welcome. Celebrated two while I was there, left a few weeks before my third.

I am sure the family had plenty of fun. Would have been great to catch up with the Grovesnors if they did indeed. Hugh's nieces and nephews are a good age for playing with George and Charlotte.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Aristocracy

It sounds like Fourth of July in winter!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

William jokes he needs 'toothpicks' to keep his eyes open | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-14-2017, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Catherine talks about William’s struggles as a first time papa-
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ew-mothers/amp

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember watching this live 7 years ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOw0cTdX...pg&name=medium
Old 11-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

That is a lovely picture Rudolph. Who knew what would be ahead for them. In the two posts prior, a nod to Dman and Pranter, we know now they’ve joined “the trials and tribulations of parenthood”.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, I remember and that was a very beautiful day. Those two were very nervous, but they looked so happy and in love, the nerves didn’t matter.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
That is a lovely picture Rudolph. Who knew what would be ahead for them. In the two posts prior, a nod to Dman and Pranter, we know now they’ve joined “the trials and tribulations of parenthood”.
HA..and these trials don't end until death! Even when the kids are adults, parents are still parents.

LaRae
Old 11-17-2017, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Roger Federer and his young family had a brush with royalty when they stopped by at Kensington Palace to visit their friends Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The Swiss tennis ace, who is in London this week for the ATP Finals, was joined by wife Mirka and their two sets of adorable twins on Wednesday night.

The family were spotted leaving their hotel on Wednesday afternoon before making the short drive to Kate and William's home where they stayed for around two hours.

Read more: Roger Federer and his family visit Kensington Palace