The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2017, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm so not likely then..too bad. Would love to see pics of George and Charlotte playing with the children in Sweden etc.

LaRae

Old 10-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I’m glad the visits to Sweden and Norway has been pushed to early 2018. That give time for Catherine to be able to attend. She’s determined not to miss that trip.
Ther than the fact that the trip has been rescheduled, do we have any information that would suggest that she is determined to attend ?

Old 10-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I don't expect the children to accompany their parents on their trip.
Neither do I.

Article from Aaftonbladet with quotes translated by me:
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a...r-till-sverige
Quote:
''Yes, we can confirm that an official visit is planned, says Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department of the Swedish royal court.

It is not yet decided exactly what the visit will contain.

But there is planned a meeting with both the King and Queen and the Crown Princess couple,'' says Thorgren.
See posts 171 and 173 for more information on the visits.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

That'll be a good photo op with the Swedish couples. I'm strangely excited because I normally could care less.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Ther than the fact that the trip has been rescheduled, do we have any information that would suggest that she is determined to attend ?
The Norwegian royal family announced that both the Duke and Duchess are planning to come.

Furthermore, the previously scheduled trip to all three countries is now split up into two separate trips of which William will do one (Finland) and the other two countries (the two monarchies!) are being postponed until early next year to be carried out by both of them.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hmmm so not likely then..too bad. Would love to see pics of George and Charlotte playing with the children in Sweden etc.

LaRae
If they would want to play with a Swedish prince and princess they could visit Madeleine, Chris and their children in London - they live only a few miles from each other (if I am not mistaken).
Old 10-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I don't know if she is determined to attend, but i'm glad that William and Catherine have been stepping up contacts with other European royal houses. They have been in official visits to Denmark and Belgium (in the latter, more than once actually) and Catherine has been to Luxembourg. As the future king and queen consort, it is important that they develop a relationship with other young sovereigns or future sovereigns.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:49 PM
Nobility

Catherine also went to the Netherlands last year (on October 11) on her first solo visit abroad! She visited The Hague and Rotterdam; and was received by the King.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

George and Charlotte are unlikely to go as George is now in full time education and Charlotte will likely be starting nursery in January as they normally begin in the term when they turn 3. If they did choose to bring George and take him out of school I would think less of them, considering parents nowadays get fined for taking their children out of school during term time.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

To those who are wondering about whether Kate is determined to join William for the visits to Norway and Sweden - read these 4 points:

1. The palace had originally planned for William and Kate to make a four or five-day visit to Norway, Sweden and Finland in late November.

2. But Kate's illness forced a change of plans, and the visits to Norway and Sweden was postponed to early 2018.

3. It was not possible to postpone the trip to Finland until next year, as the main reason for going is to celebrate Finland's centenary year as a nation.

4. It was therefore decided that William will visit Finland alone.

So after reading those 4 points, then we can ask ourselves - why was the visits to Norway and Sweden postponed if Kate was not determined to attend.

George and Charlotte:

The highly trusted royal expert Kjell Arne Totland said on TV2 News Channel that they would probably bring the children.

What do I think? That it's unlikely.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

is there a winter break or bank holiday early in the year? I am not familiar with the UK calendar. If so - that is the only circumstance i could see bringing George & Charlotte - but admittedly the pics of Estelle and George along with all of the other kids would be priceless.

I cant see them pulling George out of school for this trip.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

George and Charlotte:

The highly trusted royal expert Kjell Arne Totland said on TV2 News Channel that they would probably bring the children.

Did this highly trusted royal expert explain why ? I also find it unlikely with George being now at school. Having said that, the photo op with the Cambridge kids and King Carl Gustaf's grandchildren would be priceless.

I find it odd that, since his teenage years, William was often paired with Madeleine in the gossip magazines as the "perfect royal match", even though Madeleine once admitted she had never actually met either Wiiliam or Harry. Maybe they can fix that in the new generation so that George and Charlotte can get to know their Swedish fifth cousins.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I keeping my fingers crossed that the trip will coincide with a school break so the Cambridge children can go!

LaRae
Old 10-17-2017, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Did this highly trusted royal expert explain why ?
Because they brought both their children to Poland and Germany, he said.

Not one of his best moments, but I don't think he had the school thing in mind.

He wrote this in his blog an hour later: ''It belongs to the story that William and Kate brought both their children to Poland and Germany. So maybe we'll see George and Charlotte in Norway too,'' se post 173 for more of his blog post.

About Kjell Arne Totland:
He was the royal expert/reporter in Se og Hør from 1991 to 2011. Yes, a very unserious gossip magazine, but he was in that period (as he's now) regarded as the most trusted/serious go to person for news on the royals. He was also used by NRK as a commentator on royal events.

He started (at the age of 68) in his position as TV2's royal expert in 2013.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
KP could’ve announced that William out do take the whole November trip alone. It’s seem the postponement allow Catherine to be well enough so she can make this trip.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-17-2017, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
KP could’ve announced that William out do take the whole November trip alone. It’s seem the postponement allow Catherine to be well enough so she can make this trip.
But what we don't know is if she really wanted to go or The Queen or Charles or William insisted she go and rescheduled the trip.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Nobility

If the Cambridge kids went on tour the talk would be of royal matchmaking. There was a time when royal houses intermarried to strengthen alliances and the arrangements were done when they where young. If the practice were to start up again would be with the UK and Sweden. George with Leonore (or with Madeline's third child if it's a girl) because the Princess Couple live in London.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine suffers from HG during her pregnancies. It’s a fact of life. It’s also a fact that means certain events or engagements have to be cancelled or reschedule
Old 10-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Majesty

I think taking the children was never on the plan. It was a five-day tour, unlike the Australia/NZ trip and the children are in school and pre-school. To be honest I wonder if Catherine will even go in early 2018 being heavily pregnant until April sometime and then with a brand new baby. I don't see Catherine feeling up to it or wanting to do it.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

This is her third pregnancy. She’s becoming an old pro. If there was even 1 percent chance of her not being up for it KP would never have announced it today.

She’s travelled when pregnant before, when she visited America.