General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Carole was there. It was a short trip, but we know Carole also ski, so don't think she would even go on this trip just look after kids. I don't know why folks have to drag Catherine's mother in everything, and make it seem Catherine can't do anything without having her mother attached to her hip.

So William and Kate and their children were hardly hiding away as a family of four at Courchevel. Latest reports have, besides the nannies and other staff, there were Thomas van Straubenzee and one of his exes and Carole Middleton as well. Is it possible for the Cambridges to get away abroad anywhere for any length of time without Kate's mother being in the frame? Do this couple have so little to talk about after more than a decade together that they have to be surrounded by others at all times?

Latest reports?
I have yet to find any credible reports of whom accompanied William and Catherine to the snow for four days on a private holiday.

I have read bitter, unstubstantiated articles by DM. I have also read that a passer by reported seeing William and Catherine lunching with two friends and another passer by who saw the group carrying a small set of skis. I've read that William's wealthy Godfather may have provided transport. I have read that some of Charlotte's Godparents could have been there at the same time.
I have no idea whether any of these stories are true? There are no photos.
I don't need to know. It was a private trip. Who cares who went?

When on family ski holiday most families use childcare for some hours of the day. There is a huge difference in the needs and ski ability of adults and children. Children are catered for in wonderful ski schools. They have some fun and meals with their parents. Otherwise adults are skiing runs that are far too dangerous for children. That is the nature of a ski holiday. Family ski holidays are fantastic; everyone has an active and fun time at their own level.

I sense some of the media is making up stories to court negative public reaction in retaliation to William and Catherine hiring a photographer to take family photos for release.

Last edited:
They are on vacation. Regular people will take Grandma on vacation too to watch the kids. You see it all the time at Disney World with extended family tagging along. You can dump your kids off for supervised activities on a cruise ship while you booze it up at the pool.

George would be learning to ski during the day. Charlotte is too little so someone would be with George and someone with Charlotte when their parents aren't there. If the only W&K were going to do was watch the kids, they would have just stayed in Norfolk.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Isn't it entirely possible that if Carole was along on the trip that she was there for the sole reason that her family enjoys spending time with her?

One thing I don't think we'll ever hear from William is any mother-in-law jokes. I really am happy that he feels part of the Middleton family and enjoys their company.

Unless Kensington Palace provides details of who accompanied the Cambridges on their skiing holiday or we at least have a link posted to supposed reports as to who else went, I'm not sure why we would be speculating or discussing rumour.

Last edited:
Thomas Van Straubanzee is already divorced? That's a shame. They had a lovely wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

They are on vacation. Regular people will take Grandma on vacation too to watch the kids. You see it all the time at Disney World with extended family tagging along. You can dump your kids off for supervised activities on a cruise ship while you booze it up at the pool.

George would be learning to ski during the day. Charlotte is too little so someone would be with George and someone with Charlotte when their parents aren't there. If the only W&K were going to do was watch the kids, they would have just stayed in Norfolk.

I think it's pretty normal to see grandparents go on vacations (even short ones) with the adult children and grandchildren, heck I've done it! It's weird to me that anyone thinks it's odd or shouldn't be done.

LaRae

It isn't odd but if you have a nanny as well then it's a bit odd

It isn't odd but if you have a nanny as well then it's a bit odd

What is odd? Granny out skiing and nanny looking after kids? Does that mog fit the narrative?

^^^ Perhaps because it seems that the Cambridges go always on vacation with the Middletons? But I can understand that since they brought the kids along. It would be different if Carole was there if the couple were on vacation alone, without the children. Now, that would be very odd.

Carole didn't go to the Maldives in 2013. George and Charlotte are at 2 different levels of activity. Charlotte will be napping and George will want to hit the bunny slope or build a snowman. Nanny Maria can't be in both places.

The Cambridges didn't go to Mustique this year. Why not bring along Carole? I find it interesting that people complain when the Cambridges vacation somewhere with the Middletons but no one complains when they go to Scotland for a week with his family every September.

^^^ Perhaps because it seems that the Cambridges go always on vacation with the Middletons? But I can understand that since they brought the kids along. It would be different if Carole was there if the couple were on vacation alone, without the children. Now, that would be very odd.

The Middleton's don't always go with them. When was the last time the Cambridges went on vacation without the children?

How's it any different that them going every year to vacation with his grandparents in the fall? Not to mention various holidays etc.

William was very clear going into this (look up the engagement interview) that Kate's family would be very involved. We all know he spent a lot of time with her family during the 8 years prior to the marriage. He likes them. He wants Kate to have that support for all kinds of reasons.

Really...at the end of the day, who cares? Some families do things differently than others.

LaRae

I can't believe that some are criticizing a family for spending too much time together. Geez.

I can't believe that some are criticizing a family for spending too much time together. Geez.

The Cambridges is being criticized for the most ridiculous things these days, also here at TRF, and I'm so tired of it.

I don't have a problem with a family holiday I have a problem with people saying Kate needed her mother to help with looking after the 2 children

Charlotte-can't ski, working on walking
George- energized toddler, ready to learn to ski
Parents-expert skiers

So if parents want to ski something other than the bunny slope. Someone has to be with George if Nanny Maria is with Charlotte. George isn't going to want to sit around the chalet while Charlotte naps. He has snowman to build, bunny slopes to conquer, hot chocolate to drink, chicks to pickup.

Charlotte can quite easily go outside with her brother and make snowmen. Or go for hot chocolate and plenty of other things. Put in a little sled she would have a ton of fun. She isn't a newborn who naps all day long.

And if you are going to take your kids on holiday with you, it is expected to actually I don't know, spend some time with your kids. George is 2, he may last an hour or so on the bunny hill. One or both of his parents could easily take him for a little lesson every morning and then have the rest of the day to ski while he is with his sister and nanny.

If the intention of the vacation was for them to ski all day with their friends and leave the kids with a nanny and grandma the entire time, might as well have left the kids with the Middletons in the UK.

My Nana went with us to Disney Land once. At most she stayed with us kids at the hotel at night so my parents could go out, and even that was rare.

Or maybe Granny Carole just wanted to play with her grandkids and just tagged along and isn't there to take care of them. There is nothing wrong with that either.

Charlotte-can't ski, working on walking
George- energized toddler, ready to learn to ski
Parents-expert skiers

So if parents want to ski something other than the bunny slope. Someone has to be with George if Nanny Maria is with Charlotte. George isn't going to want to sit around the chalet while Charlotte naps. He has snowman to build, bunny slopes to conquer, hot chocolate to drink, chicks to pickup.

Good point Skippyboo.It's also possible that the Cambridges had given Maria some time off to enjoy her own skiiing,relaxing etc..while in Switzerland.:)

Really!! Most stay at home mums manage 2or3 children on their own day in day out

Yes, I did ..... but I seldom went anyplace. I think it's perfectly normal to have help, especially when on holiday and especially when you are wealthy. People keep saying "most mums", but Catherine isn't "most mums". I am puzzled that people can't seem to see that.:ermm:

Yes, I did ..... but I seldom went anyplace. I think it's perfectly normal to have help, especially when on holiday and especially when you are wealthy. People keep saying "most mums", but Catherine isn't "most mums". I am puzzled that people can't seem to see that.:ermm:

Maybe because we are told her main job is being a full time mother and wife. Not doing royal duties

I know it's been a while since people had a chance to stick pins in their Carole Middleton dolls but why are people getting so upset?

We don't know who was there and even if Carole was there, if she bothers some so much just avoid talking about her.

Last edited:
Maybe because we are told her main job is being a full time mother and wife. Not doing royal duties

:previous:Good Heavens!!! You sound absolutely Neanderthal:lol: Are you saying that being a full time mother and wife precludes doing anything else? :eek: I certainly hope you are an old person like me because if not, you are sounding like someone out of the 1950s.:lol:

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

I'm saying that is the reason she doesn't do royal duties we are told most defiantly NOT what I think.
That is what we are told. I think she can do royal duties and be a mum
In fact you and I are saying the same think

Last edited:
And if you are going to take your kids on holiday with you, it is expected to actually I don't know, spend some time with your kids. George is 2, he may last an hour or so on the bunny hill. One or both of his parents could easily take him for a little lesson every morning and then have the rest of the day to ski while he is with his sister and nanny.

If the intention of the vacation was for them to ski all day with their friends and leave the kids with a nanny and grandma the entire time, might as well have left the kids with the Middletons in the UK.

How do you know that the Cambridges spent *no* time with there kids in France? Nanny Maria only works 8-hours a day.

We know from paparazzi pictures that Carole is an avid skier. I doubt she spent all her time sitting in the chalet, looking at the mountains through the windows. She probably skied more than anyone else on that trip. :lol:

We don’t know the intentions of their trip. It’s their first documented vacation since Jan 2015, about 14 months. I would guess since they rarely go on holiday, they wanted to cover all their bases. Spend time with their kids, spend time with their friends, and spend time with Carole since they missed her birthday.

But she is doing both. She is a full time mom, just because she has help doesn't mean she isn't, we all know she is very hands on. She is also a working mother. I bet if someone was logging hours she clocks a large number every week spent on things associated with the royal duties.

LaRae

The Middleton's don't always go with them. When was the last time the Cambridges went on vacation without the children?

How's it any different that them going every year to vacation with his grandparents in the fall? Not to mention various holidays etc.

William was very clear going into this (look up the engagement interview) that Kate's family would be very involved. We all know he spent a lot of time with her family during the 8 years prior to the marriage. He likes them. He wants Kate to have that support for all kinds of reasons.

Really...at the end of the day, who cares? Some families do things differently than others.

LaRae

If you read my post, you'll see that IMO it is fair enough that a grandmother is brought along to take care of the grandchildren. I said that if William and Kate had been on vacation alone, as a coupl, only the two of them, that would be very odd for Carole to be there. And that would be another matter. Only replied to your question, but perhaps it is better not to do so in the future...

If you read my post, you'll see that IMO it is fair enough that a grandmother is brought along to take care of the grandchildren. I said that if William and Kate had been on vacation alone, as a coupl, only the two of them, that would be very odd for Carole to be there. And that would be another matter. Only replied to your question, but perhaps it is better not to do so in the future...

I only gave my view of your comments....I wasn't mean or angry or anything else...I gave my views..and I wasn't only speaking to your comments. If I had quoted your comments (like I have here) that would of been different. If you don't want people to reply...or if it makes you uncomfortable I don't know what to tell you....if you post on a message board people comment.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom