General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of fun. Royals occupy the top five spots. Princess Charlotte, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge, Prince George and The Queen

Like Debrett's, it's a quintessentially British institution and a handy guide to all things high society and aristocratic.

Now Tatler has come to the aid of those looking to social climb by publishing a guide to the people you need to know.

The Tatler List, which is described as 'the people who really matter', is an ever-changing list based on the Sloaney magazine's insight driven by who the society world is 'talking about today and is likely to be talking about tomorrow.'

And despite not even being able to walk or talk, Princess Charlotte is the list's current ruler.
Read more: Princess Charlotte beats the Queen to lead Tatler's most influential list | Daily Mail Online

The Tatler List - Tatler

Last edited:
Poor George bumped down to 4th and a year ago he was 1st on the list.

Tragic he peaked so early...:lol:

Ah yes, wasn't Kate already supposed to grow her own potatoes? LOL:whistling:

Last edited:
Highgrove has its own vegetable garden and the royal estates would have areas growing fruit and veg. Sandringham produces apple juice and cider. The Queen has bees for honey production (she gave some to the Pope). Why wouldn't Kate have a garden at Anmer? It's going be organic because she is Charles's daughter in law.

It's not like Kate grew up in the city and never spent any time out in country.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

If I remember right, leading up to Will and Kate's wedding, it was reported that Kate and Charles conspired together on the trees in the Abbey and that Kate picked specific flowers for their special meanings.

We've heard that Harry has his own plot to dig in and garden so why wouldn't Will and Kate do the same? Grandpa has taken George out to plant a tree at Highgrove and I'd bet my last bowl of Froot Loops that Charles is eager to help and advise in any way he can.

I will pretend to believe Kate is also "keen" in organic food and growing her own food!:whistling::lol:

You can't judge a book by it's cover. I have a smallish suburban lot. I show up 5 days a week for work in heels, nylons, professional attire w/ manicured nails yet I garden. I don't grow all my vegetables, sticking with what grows best in my climate such as tomatoes, squash, basil, etc.. To me if you live in the country it's crazy not to be involved in the gardens around your home - including edible plants.
The article I read said the Cambridges where hiring a gardener which suggests to me that they are following Charles' lead.

Yes if they are hiring a gardener they are going to go beyond the smallish vegetable patch that many probably put in.

LaRae

If you look at aerial views of Anmer, you can see a garden near the house. Apparently, they are going to use an area the already existed.

You can't judge a book by it's cover. I have a smallish suburban lot. I show up 5 days a week for work in heels, nylons, professional attire w/ manicured nails yet I garden. I don't grow all my vegetables, sticking with what grows best in my climate such as tomatoes, squash, basil, etc.. To me if you live in the country it's crazy not to be involved in the gardens around your home - including edible plants.
The article I read said the Cambridges where hiring a gardener which suggests to me that they are following Charles' lead.

I'mo jusdiging anyone! Just saying that if they have employed a gardener it means they probably need him, and not neccesarily that Kate has become a perfect gardener herself!:whistling:

I'mo jusdiging anyone! Just saying that if they have employed a gardener it means they probably need him, and not neccesarily that Kate has become a perfect gardener herself!:whistling:

I don't recall anyone saying that "Kate has become a perfect gardener". Please don't let your dislike run away with your reading comprehension.:lol:

Who knows? Perhaps Kate does like puttering around the garden and digging and planting and all that fun stuff. We know that Harry does and most definitely, Charles does.

Having a garden and puttering is a great way to teach kids how things grow and what they need to grow. Doesn't take an expert master gardener to do that although with a good sized plot as I imagine the one at Amner might be, it probably is a wise thing to have an overseer to keep things growing smoothly. Charles has a crew of his own. It happens sometimes with people that have a pretty extensively filled calendar.

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

No one said Kate is the perfect gardener but it also shouldn't be implied that Kate doesn't enjoy puttering in the garden

The potato story is true from 2012

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-grows-her-own-potatoes---1371137

It also would be helpful for a experience gardener to lay thing out knowing what would grow best in the various condition around Anmer. Plus the garden guy was a friend. Sort like when Charles gets his sister in law who is a interior designer to do stuff for his houses.

Last edited:
It is could be that the gardener currently works at the Sandringham estate now or has been employed there in the past. He/she would be privy to the information about the soil, drainage, past gardens on the property and more.

I wonder if they are planning to take a ski holiday this year as they haven't appeared on their annual Mustique holiday in January. They haven't been on a long ski holiday since they got married from memory - they had a weekend for a wedding though Kate was pregnant with George and could not ski but William and Harry did. Maybe this year they will take to the slopes as George is at the toddler stage to hit the baby ski school slopes?

No one said Kate is the perfect gardener but it also shouldn't be implied that Kate doesn't enjoy puttering in the garden

The potato story is true from 2012

Kate Middleton grows her own potatoes - but crop this year was poor - Mirror Online

It also would be helpful for a experience gardener to lay thing out knowing what would grow best in the various condition around Anmer. Plus the garden guy was a friend. Sort like when Charles gets his sister in law who is a interior designer to do stuff for his houses.

We have a gardener - comes every couple of weeks. We have an enormous hedge approx. 7 ft high, 50 ft long and 3 wide in places. We just cant deal with it. He manages the lawns in the summer. And any heavy digging.

But we still enjoy gardening and planting out etc. But there are some jobs where we need help.

Just saying.

I wonder if they are planning to take a ski holiday this year as they haven't appeared on their annual Mustique holiday in January. They haven't been on a long ski holiday since they got married from memory - they had a weekend for a wedding though Kate was pregnant with George and could not ski but William and Harry did. Maybe this year they will take to the slopes as George is at the toddler stage to hit the baby ski school slopes?

I was wondering (hoping) the same thing. It would be great if all the Wales and Cambridges went to Klosters or some other ski locale.

Last edited:
^^^ Klosters has been the family favorite for years, but does Charles still ski? Also does anyone know if the Phillps and Tindalls ski? I know Zara might not risk any chance of injury with the Olympics coming soon, but in the future it might be fun for the families to get together considering their kids are close in age.:)

Charles doesn't ski anymore and Camilla never skied.

Isn't there a photo out there of Camilla on cross country skis with the Prince? I could be wrong. Snowshoes, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles went skiing in 2013. That was also the last year William went skiing. I don't think you can say either has permanently stopped skiing just because it's been 3 years.

I know Charles 'quit' polo but that's not the same.

I'm not going to bother clicking. If they don't know her what her last name is, then I doubt they know anything else about her.

There is also the possibility that they will go on a family holiday or a couple holiday just before their tour to india in April. They went to the Maldives or Seychelles just before they went to NZ/Aus tour just the 2 of them and before they went on their Pacific Jubilee tour they went to France

I have no issue with the press calling her Kate Middleton still - thats how we first got to know her and its be done in the past Diana often got Lady Di, Fergie was constantly used throughout her marriage.

I don't recall anyone saying that "Kate has become a perfect gardener". Please don't let your dislike run away with your reading comprehension.:lol:

And you are free to believe whatever story you believe in! I will pretend and believe she grows her own organic food for her fans's pleasure:lol:. She is good at shopping, that's for sure at least:lol:

And you are free to believe whatever story you believe in! I will pretend and believe she grows her own organic food for her fans's pleasure:lol:. She is good at shopping, that's for sure at least:lol:

Oh my ..... need I say more regarding your bias.:whistling:
I have to wonder why you even bother to click on this subject matter.

I think perhaps it is time to move on from the gardening story, unless there is any new information about it. Further bickering posts will be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom