General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both children resemble the Middletons rather than the Windsors, in general.

Its nice they are doing a card but this picture is meh. Lupo not included and William looking stressed/distracted. Kate and the kids look nice though.

I think I see what you mean concerning William. I wouldn't necessarily say he looks stressed or distracted but he doesn't looke like 'part of the family'. The position Catherine takes in shows that she is the head of the family, she rules the roost. William, apart from observing his son, looks like a lackey. As if he has to obey her. I get a strange vibe from them, he has nothing to tell.
But if it doesn't worry him and works for them, alright.

I think there would have been more unity had he held Charlotte.

I think both children resemble the Middletons rather than the Windsors, in general.

Yes George has moments where he resembles William (mannerisms etc) but he reminds me more of Michael Middleton than William right now.

Both pics of Charlotte have reminded me of Carole Middleton.

Nice to see the change in features ...those Middleton's have been around awhile too!

LaRae

It's cute but I still prefer Catherine's pictures. And I'm a tad disappointed that Lupo wasn't included. It's a family of five, after all.

I think that's why I loved Princess Anne's 2014 Christmas card so much. It had Anne, Tim, Peter, Autumn, Savannah, Isla, Zara, Mike, Mia and the five family dogs. It looked complete.

Too many dogs. One would have been enough. (I mean in the picture; it's entirely their business how many dogs they own).

I think I see what you mean concerning William. I wouldn't necessarily say he looks stressed or distracted but he doesn't looke like 'part of the family'. The position Catherine takes in shows that she is the head of the family, she rules the roost. William, apart from observing his son, looks like a lackey. As if he has to obey her. I get a strange vibe from them, he has nothing to tell.

My my, what a LOT of information about family relationships you are able to glean from this one picture. William, to me, just looks like he is keeping a watchful eye on George.:flowers:

My my, what a LOT of information about family relationships you are able to glean from this one picture. William, to me, just looks like he is keeping a watchful eye on George.:flowers:

Not just this picture - it's a feeling I've had for a looong time from a lot of more pictures I've seen. But I'll retreat.

This "us four" is one of the pictures I've been waiting for. I'm very glad they decided to share this picture. Charlotte do remind me of her grandmother, Carole. George, a mix of William and Michael. They make a very beautiful family.

I don't think one should over analyze this picture. They all look happy and William is looking to see what George is up to. Looks as if George was doing some entertaining, lol.

Not getting that from this picture, but mothers are usually the backbone of the family. Especially, where I come from. The Cambridges have a happy family life.

Last edited:
Yes to me William is keeping an eye on George, I have a feeling this is common!

I agree with Dman. Mothers are usually the backbone of the family, main caretaker of the children. Looks totally normal to me.

LaRae

Yup - espacially with babies and toddlers ... I can't see anything unusual in that pic.

Yes to me William is keeping an eye on George, I have a feeling this is common!

Not only common but sheer necessity. From what we've heard about George, its very possible that its a now you see him, now you don't kind of a situation. The year of the two year old is very aptly names "the terrible twos". :D

Not only common but sheer necessity. From what we've heard about George, its very possible that its a now you see him, now you don't kind of a situation. The year of the two year old is very aptly names "the terrible twos". :D

Based on the stories we heard about William...I bet George is giving his dad a run for his money. It does sound like K&W are more hands on type of parents so it's not just the nanny having to keep watch!

LaRae

William's hand is poised right above George's train. He could have been trying to get George's attention with it. George doesn't appear one to sit still for to long.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes to me...William is poised to grab lol You can tell George is moving around and William already has his weight shifted (left leg back toe on ground) and ready to go...eyes watching the target! lol

LaRae

That Charlotte is a little cabbage patch doll though, lol. I know William will be very protective of his baby girl.

George looks like he is about to make a run for it and Catherine has grabbed him by the seat of his pants.

William is about to grab Charlotte's shoe before Lupo comes after it.

Just wait in 15 years or so, but Daddy why does a company of the Welsh guards have to go one this date with me" Princess Charlotte

Just wait in 15 years or so, but Daddy why does a company of the Welsh guards have to go one this date with me" Princess Charlotte

:ROFLMAO: exactly! I know William is happy he won't have deal with Charlotte's dating life for some time, but those days are coming. Same for Catherine and George.

It's great to see a new family photo of the Cambridges. I am surprised how much analysis is going on regarding every detail of the picture and conclusions that really don't exist as it seems like a perfectly ordinary picture to me.

It's great to see a new family photo of the Cambridges. I am surprised how much analysis is going on regarding every detail of the picture and conclusions that really don't exist as it seems like a perfectly ordinary picture to me.

Seriously. The level of projection always amazes me- people project their own feelings and personal biases on to photos, of strangers, and act like there's insight to be had there. It's just a nice family portrait. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Too many dogs. One would have been enough. (I mean in the picture; it's entirely their business how many dogs they own).

I loved that all the dogs were included. You just know Anne refused to have a family photo without her two beloved bull terriers. Then Zara said if your dogs are being included then my boxer, Sway, and my lab, Storm, are coming for the photo. Then last but not least Peter brought his lab too.

The only sad thing about the photo was it confirmed that Mike's bull mastiff, Misty, had died. I hadn't seen her in photos since 2011 so I was already pretty sure. Also, she was very old. Mike already owned her when he started dating Zara.

That's a beautiful photo of the Cambridges - I love the bold, autumnal colours in the background. I don't have a problem with it, as HRHHermione has said it's just a normal family photo.

George and Charlotte are adorable children and it's cute to see them together. It looks as if George is a very energetic little boy. :D

How insulting to call Prince William a lackey and he obeys his wife....I think they have shown the world that they work together as a team. Where you come up with some insulting things about royal families amazes me.

The picture is wonderful, a mother and dad showing off their children as so many to, William is showing such a deep interest in what his son is doing, the pride on his face is showing the love and care he has for George. Your comment:bang::bang::bang:

This is a very playful moment to me. Having chased 3 little boys in my day, it looks as if William and George are seeing who can grab the train first, or as if George is making a run for it and William is ready to chase. As the photographer said, you have to be quick with 2 little ones. He caught just the right moment. Very cute!

This is a very playful moment to me. Having chased 3 little boys in my day, it looks as if William and George are seeing who can grab the train first, or as if George is making a run for it and William is ready to chase. As the photographer said, you have to be quick with 2 little ones. He caught just the right moment. Very cute!
I agree, it just looks like William is keeping tabs on George. And from the few times we've seen him and from their words, I have a feeling that George is one of those kids that you blink and they're gone :p

I love the new family photo. The Cambridges look like any family taking a few minutes to capture a snapshot. George definitely looks like he's ready to make a run for it :D.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It amazes me what different things people see in a photo. Looks like a normal family photo to me Will is looking lovingly at his son. But that isn't how some others see it. Better to look on the bright side I think.

I'm glad they released the photo. I started to think they wouldn't do one this year. I'm also glad it's a full family picture. "Us four" is what the late King George VI used to call his family. Now the Cambridge's can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom