General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Children from Jack and Jill Preschool Playgroup in Dalton were taken aback to receive a personalised reply to cards they sent in May congratulating the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of Princess Charlotte.

Along with a card for the royal couple, the children had also sent one to Prince George, congratulating him on his new role as a big brother. The little ones were kept in suspense until Monday last week, when the special thank you letter winged its way to them.

Deputy manager Lisa Lister described everyone’s surprise when they caught a glimpse of the royal postmark.

“We just didn’t expect it at all”, she said. “The letter was lovely because it was so personalised.”
More: Dalton children receive message from royals

I think my favorites have been the sand sculptures, but this one is pretty good too. In certain parts of the Mid-West U.S. and Canada, we'd have seen them sculpted in butter!

I think sand sculptors, if that's the word, are very talented. We have a sand sculpting competition every year at a beach near my home and there are some terrific creations. I can't imagine the Cambridges in butter, though!

Trust me Curryong, there is a sculptor in the Wisconsin Dells that could create a divine dairy design featuring the Cambridges. (Best attempt at butter related alliteration.)

Ah, the butter sculpture, the mainstay of US State Fairs! However, Curryong, you could have found one close to home at the 1954 Brisbane Exhibition. QEII, in butter!!!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...en_Elizabeth_II_in_butter,_Brisbane,_1954.jpg

The Royal model was placed in a refrigerated display cabinet surrounded by “an attractive display of 56lb boxes of butter”. The butter-model of the Queen was wearing a tiara, carrying a handbag and holding a bunch of flowers. She was dressed in an evening gown embroidered with roses.

Weird and wonderful exhibits at the Brisbane Ekka | John Oxley Library

(I think I should go to bed now. :))

:previous: Not me. I seem to have developed a hankering for some popcorn with ... you guessed it... hot butter. :D

Ah, the butter sculpture, the mainstay of US State Fairs! However, Curryong, you could have found one close to home at the 1954 Brisbane Exhibition. QEII, in butter!!!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...en_Elizabeth_II_in_butter,_Brisbane,_1954.jpg

The Royal model was placed in a refrigerated display cabinet surrounded by “an attractive display of 56lb boxes of butter”. The butter-model of the Queen was wearing a tiara, carrying a handbag and holding a bunch of flowers. She was dressed in an evening gown embroidered with roses.

Weird and wonderful exhibits at the Brisbane Ekka | John Oxley Library

(I think I should go to bed now. :))

Thanks for that, rebound. It sounds very attractive and inspiring and er creative, especially with the 56lb boxes of butter placed around HM's sculpture. I wonder whether the Queen saw it when she visited the Brisbane Exhibition? Eventually, I suppose all that butter just ended up in someone's sandwiches!

Sandwiches!!! I would hope that some of it would go into cakes, biscuits, and other pastries too. ;-)

Thanks for that, rebound. It sounds very attractive and inspiring and er creative, especially with the 56lb boxes of butter placed around HM's sculpture. I wonder whether the Queen saw it when she visited the Brisbane Exhibition? Eventually, I suppose all that butter just ended up in someone's sandwiches!
:lol: Ah the marvels of human creativity know no boundaries! Rebound-outstanding find. Curryong-Should a bachelor Harry come to Australia again I doubt that he'll be featured in a butter sculpture. His many fans would just melt the work of art by trying to take a selfie with Butter Harry. :D

:lol: Ah the marvels of human creativity know no boundaries! Rebound-outstanding find. Curryong-Should a bachelor Harry come to Australia again I doubt that he'll be featured in a butter sculpture. His many fans would just melt the work of art by trying to take a selfie with Butter Harry. :D
Haha, the pictures in my mind!! Women falling on the floor after being to slilppery from the butter :p

Haha, the pictures in my mind!! Women falling on the floor after being to slilppery from the butter :p

... while dreaming of being married to Harry for butter or wurst, till dessert do they part.

(sorry.... just had to do it..)

... while dreaming of being married to Harry for butter or wurst, till dessert do they part.

(sorry.... just had to do it..)

Oh, absolutely priceless :ROFLMAO: :D.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Pupils at a Stockport school gained the Royal seal of approval after sending cards to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge celebrating the birth of baby Charlotte.

Youngsters in the reception class at Westmorland Primary, in Brinnington, each sent a congratulatory card to Buckingham Palace for the couple when Princess Charlotte was born in May.

And this week they heard back from the proud parents, who sent a letter thanking them all to teacher Michelle Adshead.
Read more: Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge write to Stockport schoolchildren to thank them for cards - Manchester Evening News

Last edited:
Class 1J at St Patrick's Emerald, led by their wonderful teacher Nicole Jackson, took it upon themselves to send some lovely personal letters to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge following the birth of Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge.

What they weren't expecting was a fabulous package back from Kensington Palace complete with individual envelopes for each child with their name on them.
Read more: A royal surprise for St Patrick's Emerald | CQ News

With the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge firmly esconced in their north Norfolk home and the christening of Princess Charlotte attracting worldwide publicity, a growing number of businesses have committed themselves to the Princess Trail.

The Visit North Norfolk inspired initiative is giving tourists the chance to celebrate the area’s royal connections - in a suitably respectful way.

The Crown at Wells has created The Royal Princess puree menu featuring local produce and comprising royal chantenay carrot puree, Jersey royal potato and Holkham venison puree and royal gala apple puree; Pensthorpe Natural Park is developing the “Charlotte Stroll-ER Trail” around their grounds for parents to push a pram or stroller; 2Posh2Pitch, the North Norfolk luxury bell tent hire company, is offering a Princess Charlotte tent, complete with pink bunting, cushions and flowers; and Banningham Crown has designed a princess colouring page on their menu for children eating at the pub and every little girl visiting is given a royal sceptre.
Read more: North Norfolk firms celebrate royal connection with Princess Trail - Business - Eastern Daily Press

New hatch job from this Sunday's Daily Mail- they are surprised that W&K attended a wedding in a Devon on Saturday. Then whines about Kate not attending several weddings, Mia's christening and Nanny Powell's funeral.

Ignores several facts - Kate was in Newcastle doing Royal engagements that Will planned on being there too but cancelled to go to Nanny Powell's funeral. Tom VS wedding was when Kate was 8months pregnant with George and all the way in Northumberland, James Meade's was 2 months post George, Guy Pelly's was a week after the Aus/NZ tour and all the way in Memphis.

It was easier for William to go then Kate. Plus if she did go, people would complain that's she is stealing the bride's spotlight. Tom and James can't be too pissed about Kate skipping their wedding since they are Charlotte's godfathers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: This is the classic 'damned if they do, damned if don't' scenario. They'll never please everyone, so the best thing they can do is what works for them, and the Firm. They've been able to do that, so I suspect it's not an issue with those who matter.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Apparently the reporter has no research budget (or ability to use a calendar).

Here's the list of weddings she attended between April 2011 and April 2013

July 2011 zara & Mike
September 2012 Thomas Sutton and Harriet Colthurst
April 2012 Hannah Gillingham to Robert Carter
June 2012 Alice St John Webster & Gerald Alvenel
June 2012 Emily McCorquodale & James Hutt
September 2012 Thierry Kelaart and Patrick Heathcote-Amory
March 2013 Laura Bechtolsheimer & Mark Tomlinson (counted by reporter as "after two years")

New hatch job from this Sunday's Daily Mail- they are surprised that W&K attended a wedding in a Devon on Saturday. Then whines about Kate not attending several weddings, Mia's christening and Nanny Powell's funeral.

Ignores several facts - Kate was in Newcastle doing Royal engagements that Will planned on being there too but cancelled to go to Nanny Powell's funeral. Tom VS wedding was when Kate was 8months pregnant with George and all the way in Northumberland, James Meade's was 2 months post George, Guy Pelly's was a week after the Aus/NZ tour and all the way in Memphis.

It was easier for William to go then Kate. Plus if she did go, people would complain that's she is stealing the bride's spotlight. Tom and James can't be too pissed about Kate skipping their wedding since they are Charlotte's godfathers.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend wedding together surprising friends | Daily Mail Online

Apparently the reporter has no research budget (or ability to use a calendar). Here's the list of weddings she attended between April 2011 and April 2013
July 2011 zara & Mike
March 2013 Laura Bechtolsheimer & Mark Tomlinson (counted by reporter as "after two years")
A miracle in Devon indeed. We all know the headline the DM would have written had she attended all those events: Queen Hearbroken that George is left behind and alone again as Mommy prefers the chicken dance to him. :lol:

As to the tiara event - there will be no good pictures of HM until a day after the event at least. There may be no clear pictures at all. Chill.

Apparently the reporter has no research budget (or ability to use a calendar).

Here's the list of weddings she attended between April 2011 and April 2013

July 2011 zara & Mike

The Daily Fails also doesn't mention at least three weddings that Kate went to without William- Kelaart/Heathcoate-Amory was when Mike gave the bride away, Middletons there no William, June 2011 Sam & Bella Whaley Cohen - same day as Trooping Colour Kate & Pippa went no Wills, May 2014 First Cousins Adam Middleton's wedding - No William, Middletons were there.

The summer of 2013 is when she misses most of the weddings the DM complains about. There was a certain chubby cheek prince born then who was a super cranky baby for the first 5 months and didn't get a full time nanny until March 2014. I wonder if the two things are linked?

The Daily Mail didn't get photographs? That should be front page news in it's self.

The good old Daily Fail, one again stirring the pot. All those nice implications about Catherine being the cause of William's non attendance at some events. In some cases he may just have grown up and not wanted to indulge in a weekend of "wild living". :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom