General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be good to see these four team up on United for Wildlife.

I'm not sure that is true. Yes, they use photops, in the way that royals use engagements. Celebrities don't do engagement but I wouldn't call multiple visits to refurge camps and alot of other things "doing photo-ops". They are using their celebrity to spearhead their cause, just in the way royals do.

I agree, I don't like them very much but they are not obsessed with publicity like other stars.

That's really not a fair comparison as Charles has built up his charities and patronages for decades. To be honest, I think for just starting out these past few years as serious part time royals, Will, Kate and Harry have created quite a diversified list of their own that I find impressive.

Harry has definitely but not William or Catherine, I also don't believe Harry was at the visit. If I really wanted to make a difference I would think going to Charles or Harry would get something done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry has definitely but not William or Catherine, I also don't believe Harry was at the visit. If I really wanted to make a difference I would think going to Charles or Harry would get something done.

:ermm: If you're trying to make a difference with a specific organization, it's rather logical to want to meet with the president of that organization.

I think that in this case it's about going straight to the president, if you will. I would have liked to perhaps see Charles to team up with Wiiliam, Catherine, and the Joli-Pitts. Now that would have been a powerhouse.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree, I don't like them very much but they are not obsessed with publicity like other stars.

This is where I would have to differ. I think they are exceptionally obsessed with publicity. In all honesty none of this "charity work" came about until what seems to be a rehabilitation for AJ after the scandal. I'm not taking sides however it was Sooooo obvious that the PR teams were hard at work for this couple. Therefore, I simply cannot take their "work" seriously even though it may ultimately have some good effect. There do seem to be cameras about to take pictures (of course, not pre arranged). :whistling:
Unlike many people I am far from being a Saint Angelina fan. At least it looks like Brad washed his hair.:lol:

This is where I would have to differ. I think they are exceptionally obsessed with publicity. In all honesty none of this "charity work" came about until what seems to be a rehabilitation for AJ after the scandal. I'm not taking sides however it was Sooooo obvious that the PR teams were hard at work for this couple. Therefore, I simply cannot take their "work" seriously even though it may ultimately have some good effect. There do seem to be cameras about to take pictures (of course, not pre arranged). :whistling:
Unlike many people I am far from being a Saint Angelina fan. At least it looks like Brad washed his hair.:lol:

I find that cynical. The Jolie-Pitts have been together for ten years, and she's been committed to her charity work for far longer than that. And as a former New Orleans resident, I can't say enough about how good they were to the city post-Katrina... even moving there and setting up house. Brad designed and built several houses to replace homes lost by low income residents- and was there a lot more often than you'd know from the press.

They seem to put their kids and their relationship first and do their best to do good in the world. I admire that, and think they could be good friends for the Cambridges.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I'm no particular fan of Brad or Angelina's, and there's undoubtedly a PR element to their charity work, but Angelina's humanitarian work definitely came about well before the scandal (just checking her Wikipedia page: she became a goodwill ambassador for the UN High Commissioner for refugees in 2001. The scandal didn't occur until 2005). I may not be a fan, but I don't doubt that here is sincerity and effort put into the causes Angelina espouses.

What "scandal" are you talking about? I thought she was doing pretty well back in 2000 and didn't notice any PR campaign other than the requisite publicity for her movies.

Angelina became interested in the plight of Refugees while working on "Tomb Raider" in Cambodia in 2000 according to the website for UNHCR when she started working for them and became a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador in 2001.

Further information can be found at:

UNHCR - Angelina Jolie Pitt Fact Sheet

Last edited:
General News for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Part 2: January 2015

Probably hooking up with Brad when he was still married to Jennifer Anniston. That kind of thing has been going on in Hollywood for a long time. Paul Newman was married to someone else did a movie with Joanne Woodward. Soon after, first wife divorced and then married Woodward shortly afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

My impression of Angelina Jolie is just meeting William and Kate would not be her intention. I think she really lives to promote her charities and beliefs. So I'd imagine any talk with them was focused on charitable issues. I just don't see her, or Brad Pitt, just wanting to chat. I mean these are the people who decided to move to New Orleans after Katrina because they felt that if the press wanted to follow them then at least they could bring attention to the state of New Orleans.

I find that cynical. The Jolie-Pitts have been together for ten years, and she's been committed to her charity work for far longer than that. And as a former New Orleans resident, I can't say enough about how good they were to the city post-Katrina... even moving there and setting up house. Brad designed and built several houses to replace homes lost by low income residents- and was there a lot more often than you'd know from the press.

They seem to put their kids and their relationship first and do their best to do good in the world. I admire that, and think they could be good friends for the Cambridges.

I sincerely hope the Cambridges stay away from forming personal relationships with anyone from Hollywood. Business relationship is fine, but there's too much hype about these celebrities, and William and Catherine are royals, which is completely different. Brad and Angelina do good works, and she has been recognized by the Queen, but they're still celebrities, and that comes with a baggage. Call me a snob, but I think William and Catherine don't need the type of attention that would come from a personal relationship with the Joli-Pitts.

I sincerely hope the Cambridges stay away from forming personal relationships with anyone from Hollywood. Business relationship is fine, but there's too much hype about these celebrities, and William and Catherine are royals, which is completely different. Brad and Angelina do good works, and she has been recognized by the Queen, but they're still celebrities, and that comes with a baggage. Call me a snob, but I think William and Catherine don't need the type of attention that would come from a personal relationship with the Joli-Pitts.

I don't think we have to worry about William and Kate running away with the Hollywood set (as I really don't think that would be a good look). However, I don't think there's anything wrong with having some business/social relationships with people who happen to be famous. Charles, for example, was good friends with Joan Rivers (and has other famous friends as well). I don't think that lessens him in any way. Sometimes people just hit it off, and sometimes a personal friendship grows out of a business relationship.

According to some sites it was the Cambridges who wanted to meet the Jolie-Pitts.

What has Harry done that is so different from William in terms of charity?

According to some sites it was the Cambridges who wanted to meet the Jolie-Pitts.

I don't think it really matters. As all persons had United for Wildlife as their raison d'etre for getting together, its all good and I would suspect that they met on equal footing to decide and discuss just how to best benefit the cause. Its meetings like this that put the tea in teamwork.

What has Harry done that is so different from William in terms of charity?

Although both William and Harry have their own personal passions such as Harry with Sentebale and William with Centrepoint (for example), I think their biggest and best effort are when these Three Musketeers joined forces to establish The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry with focus on three areas: Youth, Armed Services and Conservation.

I'm really loving how so much of the charitable work done by these young royals are turning more and more to the aspect of working as a team effort than as individuals.

Last edited:

I can't stand Angelina so I don't buy into St Angelina, but she at least had been into charity and causes before the cheating scandal. If I recall right her first son came about because she was doing charity in Cambodia. A lot of the work Brad does you hardly hear about until some time after it is over.

My impression of Angelina Jolie is just meeting William and Kate would not be her intention. I think she really lives to promote her charities and beliefs. So I'd imagine any talk with them was focused on charitable issues. I just don't see her, or Brad Pitt, just wanting to chat. I mean these are the people who decided to move to New Orleans after Katrina because they felt that if the press wanted to follow them then at least they could bring attention to the state of New Orleans.

Exactly!! Name me any other insanely famous couple who did that post Katrina? I may not like all the Pap fuss that rolls around them, nor how the whole scandal gets rehashed whenever their names are brought up. I mean, it's been ten years or more now. People need to move on because the three of them have. Anyway and but...

If they were doing what they do for merely PR, then why do we only hear about Angelina's visits to Third World countries three weeks to a month after the fact? And usually, only a few pictures at that. Why? Because she has been quoted as saying these people are living in a far different World than we are. Twitter to them is what the birds in the trees do. They have no idea who she is, other than someone who is willing to listen and wants to try and help. Now imagine what would happen if she did publicize one of these trips in advance? Mayhem and chaos!! Nothing would be accomplished due to how the Media would be hounding Angelina and in turn terrify the very People she and the UN went there to try and help.

And that's just Angelina.

I wish people would actually park their jealousy or high handed morals or whatever it is when it comes to the Jolie-Pitts and their Humanitarian Work, which IMO is very different than just Charity Work. It's easy to become the Ambassador of a cause and then only throw Parties or show up at an Event where the cameras are (and I know what's about to come from the Will, Kate and Harry bashers, but so be it and my apologies to those who view them w/some common sense) , but Angelina and Brad do more than that and are able to do more because they aren't as PR hungry as some wish to believe they are.

They walk their talk and I have the greatest of respect to them for that, but that went skyward for Angelina the last few years and how she's come forward w/her Cancer scares. There is nothing more personal to a Woman than that choice. I have had to watch too many female relatives go through it and w/the risk so high for me, I have been seriously thinking of going in for the test for that gene. Here's the thing though...Would it now be covered for those of who are high risk in my Province if she hadn't written that OpEd piece and got the discussion going? I doubt it. However I just know someone will hold that up as an example of her trolling for PR and that is just plain sad IMHO.

As has been pointed out *several times*....If you are interested in wanting to lend your name, but also the rather significant amounts of contacts you have and can bring to the table, to the extremely important work United for Wildlife is trying to do, remember it is still a very young organization and still getting it's feet wet so to speak, then you meet w/the President of United for Wildlife. That is William and what would be the best way to do that? Over a meal and considering who these four people are, that meal will happen privately and surrounded by trusted people. So of course it happened at Kensington Palace.

I am willing to bet that while Kate and Angelina did talk about their kids, that didn't last for long and the conversation turned to how, say The Art Room, can help newly immigrant children from places like Syria cope w/all they've seen. Angelina has been to the Camps in Jordan and heard those stories, so would have some ideas of what to do and who to contact to get the ball rolling. Same w/Centrepoint, who I am sure has their hands more than full trying to help out the influx of Refugee Families coming into or who are in the UK on top of their normal clientele they are trying to help.

This just wasn't a PR picture to gain Publicity. For those able to see it for what it is that is.

I sincerely hope the Cambridges stay away from forming personal relationships with anyone from Hollywood. Business relationship is fine, but there's too much hype about these celebrities, and William and Catherine are royals, which is completely different. Brad and Angelina do good works, and she has been recognized by the Queen, but they're still celebrities, and that comes with a baggage. Call me a snob, *snip*

You said that...Not us...

I see this couple of Brad and Angelina as breaking away from the gawdiness of the Hollywood set. It took a long time for Ange to grow up but she has done a lot of work highlighting the needs of refugees etc. I think she only does the Hollywood hype stuff these days to keep her profile strong so that her humanitarian work can continue to gain high profile clout from others. As William and Kate used them for their interests so too did Brad and Ange need this as further publicity for their causes. I see this as a win win for both parties. William is going for a modern approach, and it will be a wait and see if it works. I hope the causes both couples espouse benefit from this meeting and possibly future endeavours from both couples.
Lets face it those in need don't give a hoot who is helping them so long as someone helps.

Last edited:
Pupils from Bollinbrook Primary received cards from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Children at a primary school were thrilled to get personalised cards from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The children at Bollinbrook Primary School, on Abbey Road, Macclesfield, wrote to the Prince William and Kate when they announced the birth of Princess Charlotte.

They made sent home made cards to congratulate the couple, and have received a thank you from the Royal couple.

Kath Bradshaw, from the school, said: “They did not expect to hear back, but the children received a very exciting package from Buckingham Palace!

“Inside was a letter thanking the class for their warm wishes, and thanking them for their handmade cards.”

In addition to the letter, each child in year one received a postcard from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge thanking them for their cards and best wishes, each in a personalised envelope.
More: Pupils celebrate message from royalty - MacclesField Express

W's tube strike "joke" at Wimbledon today was a total disgrace. Hard working people stuck in the city, many no doubt with children to be getting home to, and he thinks it's funny whilst he and his pampered wife sun themselves watching the tennis.

W's tube strike "joke" at Wimbledon today was a total disgrace. Hard working people stuck in the city, many no doubt with children to be getting home to, and he thinks it's funny whilst he and his pampered wife sun themselves watching the tennis.
What on earth are you talking about?!

SoHF ?

I had a tricky journey home from work, due to the Tube strike, but managed to find humour in the Dukes quip.

What on earth are you talking about?!

London workers were stranded in the city today due to a tube strike leaving the city in chaos. William thought it was funny to pretend he was dashing from the royal box to catch the last tube when it was announced over the tannoy at Wimbledon. Nice to know he cares.

London workers were stranded in the city today due to a tube strike leaving the city in chaos. William thought it was funny to pretend he was dashing from the royal box to catch the last tube when it was announced over the tannoy at Wimbledon. Nice to know he cares.
I think you are taking it a bit to serious. He's more quipping at himself than the others I think. Like making fun of himself not having those troubles.

Well, that was not a nice joke at all. Why, peopple, why do you keep defending him even when he should be called out?

Well, that was not a nice joke at all. Why, peopple, why do you keep defending him even when he should be called out?
I'm not defending something I don't like. I don't think there's something to defend. I mean, I could do similar thing! He jokes and quipps alot and I see no trouble at all in it! So I'm not just blindly defending, I see no trouble in it!

Also, I might think different if I'd actually seen it. Does anyone have a clip or something?

I'm not defending something I don't like. I don't think there's something to defend. I mean, I could do similar thing! He jokes and quipps alot and I see no trouble at all in it! So I'm not just blindly defending, I see no trouble in it!

Well, I think it is pure bad taste... And insenitiveness, especially after the commemoration of the tube attack( okay, no direct link but the reference exists IMO).

Well, I think it is pure bad taste... And insenitiveness, especially after the commemoration of the tube attack( okay, no direct link but the reference exists IMO).
I mean, it wasn't the end of the world. Strikes happen, people get late. I've never had people here get stingy because there's a strike. Yes, it can complicate things, but it's not above joking about.. if he had joked about the tube attack, that would have been another thing, but this is just, meeh. But everyone have different acceptance levels in jokes, and thaat's just how it is!

I mean, it wasn't the end of the world. Strikes happen, people get late. I've never had people here get stingy because there's a strike. Yes, it can complicate things, but it's not above joking about.. if he had joked about the tube attack, that would have been another thing, but this is just, meeh. But everyone have different acceptance levels in jokes, and thaat's just how it is!

Probably... I didn't like the joke and that's it. Well, I think like of commuters isn't as smooth as one might think, especially one so provileged as he... I am a commuter, (not in London or Uk but I know about some riots and fights that happened there for thi reason) and I can tell you it is not fun ant all, especially if you get to work late... so I am offended by his "joke". Of course, you can take it lighr if you think so... :flowers:. We'll simply agree to disagree. (And my post wasn't aimed at you btw:flowers:).

No kidding people...lighten up. Let those who have never made bad joke or put their foot into their mouth in front of others cast the first stone.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom