General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if the palace is going to release further information about the hospital where Kate will give birth? I was under the impression that on the occasion of George's birth the hospital was known a couple of months before...

Does anybody know if the palace is going to release further information about the hospital where Kate will give birth? I was under the impression that on the occasion of George's birth the hospital was known a couple of months before...

I believe they will do so soon, and I think it's going to be St. Mary's Hospital, Lindo Wing once again.

You're welcome!

Since no one knows her due date, I think the press will start lining up in front of the Lindo Wing during the first week of April. Just as they did July 2013. Yes, it was a bloody nuisance, but it was all part of the excitement leading up to Prince George's birth.

Last edited:
The lack of interest in this baby isn't a surprise as it is the spare. George is the future King and this child, although it will be much loved within the family, is simply the extra - the spare - and so the interest in much lower from the press and the public. They may not even announce where the baby will be planned to be born. There have been reports of plans in place for a transfer to Cambridge in the case of an emergency and the nearest hospital is in King's Lynn (if she is at Anmer when she goes into labour.)

I doubt that the world's press will line up in front of any hospital. This child is simply the 'spare' and therefore will become less important over time - like Harry is less important to the family now since the birth of George and with this impending birth he becomes even more irrelevant. There wasn't as much interest in Harry's birth as there was in William's because the future King was here so the spare was just that.

Last edited:
The lack of interest in this baby isn't a surprise as it is the spare. George is the future King and this child, although it will be much loved within the family, is simply the extra - the spare - and so the interest in much lower from the press and the public. They may not even announce where the baby will be planned to be born. There have been reports of plans in place for a transfer to Cambridge in the case of an emergency and the nearest hospital is in King's Lynn (if she is at Anmer when she goes into labour.)

I doubt that the world's press will line up in front of any hospital. This child is simply the 'spare' and therefore will become less important over time - like Harry is less important to the family now since the birth of George and with this impending birth he becomes even more irrelevant. There wasn't as much interest in Harry's birth as there was in William's because the future King was here so the spare was just that.

Oh, I think the interest will kick in by the first week of April. The media isn't crazy, they know if they want good shots, they must get there early to mark a good spot. Heir or spare, it's going to get nuts all over again.

I also think the media attention will be just the same as it was for when Prince George was born. To be honest, if it is anything like last time, it is probably just as well things are a bit quiet at the moment!

I also think the media attention will be just the same as it was for when Prince George was born. To be honest, if it is anything like last time, it is probably just as well things are a bit quiet at the moment!

I think international and local networks are in the stages of planning to assigning reporters and royal correspondents to cover the baby's birth. Hotels have to be booked and everything. Trust me, the anticipation is there, even if we don't see it reflecting in the media at this moment. April is right around the corner.

The media world may have to choose between covering the Cambridge birth or Harry - esp as budgets are tight.

Latest reports have Harry in Australia in late April/May for 4 weeks followed by a tour of NZ.

LAte April baby will be a dilemma

The media world may have to choose between covering the Cambridge birth or Harry - esp as budgets are tight.

Latest reports have Harry in Australia in late April/May for 4 weeks followed by a tour of NZ.

LAte April baby will be a dilemma

I have no doubt the most attention will be on the baby though.

Isn't Harry in Australia an attachment to the Australian military so not a public tour like the Cambridges? Sort of like when he went to the U.S. for training.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I've just put info about this onto the Harry current events thread.

Australia is military secondment, followed by a royal tour of NZ

B ut regardless, the worlds media will check him out in Aus. And local media would probably just track him.

Last edited:

I imagine Kate is enjoying this pregnancy more- much less pressure on her from the media.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

What!! There won't be any live feed in front of that hospital for an entire month????? :eek:

THANK GOD!!!!!

^^^ A real disappointment to the food truck vendors in the area.

What!! There won't be any live feed in front of that hospital for an entire month????? :eek:

THANK GOD!!!!!

I think there will be live feed in front of the hospital. The Sun did so for Prince George's birth. I think maybe the Mirror, BBC News or Sky News will do so.

George was born in July. It was warm and most children were out of school.

Baby two will be born in April. Weather might not cooperate. Children probably still in school unless on Easter break.

Baby number two will not have the same media coverage as baby one.

We will know if baby two is on the way, if Charles stays in London for Easter or travels to Scotland.

I predicted baby two would be born between April 17th through April 25th.
I made my predictions on September 8th before they confirmed an April birth.

Last edited by a moderator:
George was born in July. It was warm and most children were out of school.

Baby two will be born in April. Weather might not cooperate. Children probably still in school unless on Easter break.

Baby number two will not have the same media coverage as baby one.

Unless it's a baby girl, in which case, I think the public will be riveted and entranced. :flowers:

We will know if baby two is on the way, if Charles stays in London for Easter or travels to Scotland.

I predicted baby two would be born between April 17th through April 25th.
I made my predictions on September 8th before they confirmed an April birth.

Shall we take bets? :p I fear I do like to wager. ;) A slight flaw....

General News for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Part 2: January 2015

Charles didn't stay in London when George was born why would he do it for this one?

W&K haven't spent the last 3 Easters with Charles and Camilla. Last year in Sydney, then Wales and then in Buckleberry.

Balmoral is pretty remote and the weather can be bad. Remember when Philip got sick there and the RAF SAR copter couldnt get there due to the weather and he had to a long ambulance ride to hospital. So probably no way the Cambridges go to Scotland this late in the pregnancy.

Last edited:
Folks, the interest will be great regardless. I know people are trying to make a difference between George's birth and the new baby, but the worlds media will have interest in this upcoming birth as well. Things would probably be different, if we all knew the due date. That way the press wouldn't get ahead of themselves, but we don't know the due date. The media will likely start they're camp out early.

I think the due date counts very little since the baby can arrive earlier or later. But I think it is pretty clear Kate is due around the end of April. This said, let's be frank: there is much more to tell and speculate upon a girl than a boy. I rembember that many people were "disapointed" (sorry i cannot find a better word) when the found out George was a boy.

A woman at today's engagement just straight up asked her - her response mid to late April.

The amount of engagements this week and the previous one totally suggested a later in April due date.

I bet betting will be heavy on Apr 21 and Apr 29 now

A woman at today's engagement just straight up asked her - her response mid to late April.

The amount of engagements this week and the previous one totally suggested a later in April due date.

I bet betting will be heavy on Apr 21 and Apr 29 now

I think you have a point... After all William was born on the 21st June and George on the 22nd July. The baby may arrive on the 20th;).

General News for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Part 2: January 2015

I was thinking those 2 dates because one is the Queen's birthday and the other is of course their wedding anniversary.

40 weeks from George's birthday is the last week of April and George's birthday fits the timetable for the HG and doctor visit pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom