The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Its the continuation of a ten year campaign against the Middletons by the Daily Mail.

The story isn't true for the simple fact it quotes a 'Middleton family friend' speaking to the DM about the staffing arrangements at Anmer Hall.

Again I'm amazed at how the DM becomes a paragon of virtue for some when it throws red meat to the anti-Middleton and anti-Cambridge crowd but instantly becomes the 'Daily Fail' if it criticises Harry.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

But why would it be a bad thing? For every woma who has a new baby help is important, especially if it comes from the mother! W&K asked for help when George was born so I don't see the problem if Carole moved to their home for a bit. Really.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

If W&K were aiming to have Carole and Mike move in and act as the 'maid and gardener' they wouldn't have brought staff from Sandringham in the first place.

A screaming minority hates all things Middleton and this article gives them an excuse to click and comment.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Plus there is a staff at KP along with the HR dept of BP that would be used to find staff. If Mike & Carole go to Amner, it will only be as grandparents.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess the story was made up because the gardener and the italian housekeeper are said to have quit their job...
Old 03-09-2015, 06:46 AM
Courtier

Even french magazine "Point de vue" has an article about the whole situation ( so called " power struggle" around Cambridges' couple".
Middleton contre Windsor: lutte d'influence autour du couple princier - L'Express Styles
Old 03-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought it was the Woods, who live on the Sandringham estate, who quit suddenly. Mrs Wood was acting as housekeeper and her husband was gardener at Amner over Christmas. They then left and are reputedly returning to work at the 'big house' on the estate. I think Antoinella, the Cambridges' cook-housekeeper at Kensington Palace is still there.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Remember 'quite suddenly' is the DM's phrase. I'm confused as to how employment works for the royals. If the Woods were working for W&K permanently, why is there a position for them to return to at the big house?

If this is the case then it leads me to believe the position with W&K was only temporary to begin with and they were on loan as it were.

The other thing, if the Woods did talk to the press or talked to their friends who then talked to the press, there would absolutely be no job to return to.

I can't imagine The Queen tolerates that sort of behaviour from employees.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Remember 'quite suddenly' is the DM's phrase. I'm confused as to how employment works for the royals. If the Woods were working for W&K permanently, why is there a position for them to return to at the big house?

If this is the case then it leads me to believe the position with W&K was only temporary to begin with and they were on loan as it were.

The other thing, if the Woods did talk to the press or talked to their friends who then talked to the press, there would absolutely be no job to return to.

I can't imagine The Queen tolerates that sort of behaviour from employees.
Exactly!! Very good post!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I didn't know the Woods or their friends had talked to the Press. As far as I know they've been as silent as the grave about the circumstances of their leaving Anmer. They left suddenly after Christmas.

The media pointed out that the Middletons spent a long Christmas holiday at Anmer, not the Woods.They had been in the Queen's employment a year or so ago and apparently that's where they are returning. Some staff like big hierarchical households and the Woods may be among that number.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Just so I'm clear, when you say the 'media pointed out' you're referring the Daily Mail right? Just so I keep my media straight

This is part of Charlotte Griffiths Girl about Town gossip column for the Mail on Sunday
Old 03-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't have my media straight either at this point, but I do hope Kate spares a room for Charles, when he visits. She may not throw herself in hot lava for him, but she clearly loves her father-in-law and wants Georgie to spend time with his other grandfather every few months or so.
Just my two cents. Or pennies.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Daily Mail is trying to create a rift between Catherine and her father-in-law, Charles for their readers. I think it's silly and childish, but it's been done before with other royals too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I don't have my media straight either at this point, but I do hope Kate spares a room for Charles, when he visits. She may not throw herself in hot lava for him, but she clearly loves her father-in-law and wants Georgie to spend time with his other grandfather every few months or so.
Just my two cents. Or pennies.
I am quite, quite certain that should any of the working Royal Family want to stay overnight - that a room would be found. For me, and this discussion belongs on other threads so I apologize to the Mods, but I think Charles (or Anne or whomever) would love to see the little nippers, but have no desire to wallow overnight with the muss, fuss and opportunity to lose sleep.

You all do realize that Sandringham is about 10,000 ft down King's road from Anmer? It would take longer to warm the car than to drive there.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Courtier

We no nothing about their lives. I highly doubt the Daily Mail knows anything either. They are the Royal Family not some soap opera. If I was the Royal Family I would demand the the Daily Mail to remove the coat of arms from their paper.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I am quite, quite certain that should any of the working Royal Family want to stay overnight - that a room would be found. For me, and this discussion belongs on other threads so I apologize to the Mods, but I think Charles (or Anne or whomever) would love to see the little nippers, but have no desire to wallow overnight with the muss, fuss and opportunity to lose sleep.

You all do realize that Sandringham is about 10,000 ft down King's road from Anmer? It would take longer to warm the car than to drive there.
Yes, I grew up in North Norfolk. It depends on how often Charles spends at Sandringham, doesn't it? When Charles was young the family regularly spent part of the early autumn there (they would occasionally be seen in nearby villages) and Charles honed his skills in fishing and other country occupations in the waterways.
. Nowadays, although William is rumoured to love it on the estate, the royals, especially Charles who has Highgrove, spend relatively little time there, apart from Christmas.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Paparazzi long shoot photos of Kate today? leaving or arriving by helicopter
you can see a little bit of George with Nanny
https://40.media.tumblr.com/19b8d3fc...20kuo1_250.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/1abd1a32...0kuo2_1280.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F2daMejA9L...e%2Bgeorge.jpg
Old 03-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Paparazzi long shoot photos of Kate today? leaving or arriving by helicopter
you can see a little bit of George with Nanny
https://40.media.tumblr.com/19b8d3fc...20kuo1_250.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/1abd1a32...0kuo2_1280.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F2daMejA9L...e%2Bgeorge.jpg
Not paparazzi. Random happy jogger :P It was her leaving from London to her engagement :) Cute that George is seeing her of :)
Old 03-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

No wonder royal toddlers grow up wanting to fly helicopters when they are big. It appears the photos are from Kate leaving to go to Kent since her and Rebecca are heading towards the helicopter from the Range Rover.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Not paparazzi. Random happy jogger :P It was her leaving from London to her engagement :) Cute that George is seeing her of :)
I love these candid snaps. I know I'm not supposed to. But I do love them.