The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

And the Flash! also publishes many news like that.
Basically only publish rumors ... Since it's hard to know what is happening within the truly royal families ...

Old 03-08-2015, 03:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Carole moves in - as a Royal housekeeper! * | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-08-2015, 04:13 AM
Royal Highness

Haha, that one seems reliable :P haha
Old 03-08-2015, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

It turned up on our evening news service here in Melbourne. If Carole and Michael do intend to stay at Anmer for a couple of months while new staff are recruited it doesn't say much for Kate's ability to stand on her own two feet and run her household.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Royal Highness

I don't think she would be a house keeper but she might be helping sort out new staff she runs a business so would know about interviewing employees. It might be all too much for Kate at the moment but I could see Micheal digging in the garden

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

If there is any reliability to this story, this comes over as not very professional, I am afraid to say. How can the Cambridges ever lead a household with hundreds of staff if they do not even manage to employ two professionals to run Anmer Hall?

Imagine that the parents of Máxima move into their daughter's house to run the business there? Absurd. Just use trusted insiders for headhunting. Ask the UK intelligence services to control the nominees and then employ qualified professionals to run the household of two future Kings of the UK... come on.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Royal Highness

I'm not sure I belive it, but it would make sense. If they are between staff they need more help. That plus running a household (which is different than having a family and a house. It's more like a mini buissiness.) And concidering she is highly pregnant and will soon have a baby, I don't see her having the time and energy to get the household up and running.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It turned up on our evening news service here in Melbourne. If Carole and Michael do intend to stay at Anmer for a couple of months while new staff are recruited it doesn't say much for Kate's ability to stand on her own two feet and run her household.
Seems like a pretty ridiculous idea to me, thought up by a bored and rather unimaginative tabloid journalist. Apart from everything else, the Middletons have a business to run, and can't just up sticks and disappear for months on end!
Old 03-08-2015, 07:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
If there is any reliability to this story, this comes over as not very professional, I am afraid to say. How can the Cambridges ever lead a household with hundreds of staff if they do not even manage to employ two professionals to run Anmer Hall?

Imagine that the parents of Máxima move into their daughter's house to run the business there? Absurd. Just use trusted insiders for headhunting. Ask the UK intelligence services to control the nominees and then employ qualified professionals to run the household of two future Kings of the UK... come on.
I don't think it's that they can't manage it. While looking they need help and rather than bring in some new random person (especially bringing in someone new around the birth) doesn't seem very comfortable. Both her parents run a business so they would do good running the household for a while, plus being available when the new baby arrives. Seems like a comfortable short term solution for me.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Seems like a pretty ridiculous idea to me, thought up by a bored and rather unimaginative tabloid journalist. Apart from everything else, the Middletons have a business to run, and can't just up sticks and disappear for months on end!
This I agree about. It is probably not true. Plus them bringing up the couple that "quit" all the time! For all we know they were on loan until W&C could find reliable people of their own.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I'm not sure I belive it, but it would make sense. If they are between staff they need more help. That plus running a household (which is different than having a family and a house. It's more like a mini buissiness.) And concidering she is highly pregnant and will soon have a baby, I don't see her having the time and energy to get the household up and running.
Come on, imagine the Countess of Grantham asking the Dowager Countess to run her business because she has no idea... The thought only would choke her in her scone!

It all comes over as amateuristic, not professional and poorly organized. But it all are stories in the media (and not the most reliable one). For so far I refuse to believe that the Cambridges have become so desperate to ask mummy Middleton to run the household. It would be a proof of discontent in the royal household organization...
Old 03-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Come on, imagine the Countess of Grantham asking the Dowager Countess to run her business because she has no idea... The thought only would choke her in her scone!

It all comes over as amateuristic, not professional and poorly organized. But it all are stories in the media (and not the most reliable one). For so far I refuse to believe that the Cambridges have become so desperate to ask mummy Middleton to run the household. It would be a proof of discontent in the royal household organization...
No. To me it seems normal, non snobbish and non aristrocratic. These aren't the old stuffy kind of royals.

I don't think this is true. But if it was she wouldn't have been brought in because of default. She would be brought in because they can trust her to a 1000%.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Running a professional, modern, well-equipped and accountable household has nothing to do with being old or stuffy. On the contrary, I would say. Maybe this is a next step in the middletonisation, as the Telegraph described it.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Running a professional, modern, well-equipped and accountable household has nothing to do with being old or stuffy. On the contrary, I would say. Maybe this is a next step in the middletonisation, as the Telegraph described it.
I agree. That's why I think if this is true it's only temporary. But they know they can trust her to get the job done until they find the right one.

Just because Middletons is a big part in their life doesn't mean the royal family isn't. This isn't the old times when the royal bride cut all ties to her family. The family life of the royals, we have all seen how good THAT has gone.... I rather they get Middletonised if that means healthy and secure family life.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

None of this stuff is true folks. I think people forget the Cambridge's have a full-time nanny in their house, Maria.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Serene Highness

Probably someone or some photog saw mike in garden messing with flowers or Carole going in and out with a box or something and wrote some fan fiction.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Courtier

I highly doubt this is true. Why would Carole and Mike with there own house up sticks and become servents for their daughter and son in law. The whole story is absurbed.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

They also have a full-time housekeeper, Antonella Fresolone. We have seen her accompany the Cambridge's to Mike and Carole's house, I believe.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...ervant-on-hand

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

This is like the third time this story has been recycled. Kate was spotting in London last week with Wills in China. She has 4 engagements this week in/near London. As she gets closer to the due date, she going to stay near London and her doctors. So they aren't moving to Amner anytime soon.

Plus Mike & Carole have a business to run in Berkshire. Plus this baby will have parents who know what to do now from their experience with George.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
This is like the third time this story has been recycled. Kate was spotting in London last week with Wills in China. She has 4 engagements this week in/near London. As she gets closer to the due date, she going to stay near London and her doctors. So they aren't moving to Amner anytime soon.

Plus Mike & Carole have a business to run in Berkshire. Plus this baby will have parents who know what to do now from their experience with George.

Right, plus William don't start up his new job until the summer.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS