The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding William and Catherine increasing the number of royal duties have been moved to What now for William & Catherine: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities .

Old 03-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cambridge was approached while at lunch, on one of the days of the ski trip, by someone asking to take a photo of her with their child - but she declined.

And while the Duke and their male companion had a drink one lunch, it was noted the Duchess and female companion enjoyed water!

It is thought the Royal party stayed at a chalet named "Hameau de Bellecote".

And they were spotted at another restaurant high up in the mountains, "La Cave de Creux" - this time with their security personnel.

With so many details coming out, I'm wondering when a general public phone photo or two will appear.

More details are available online from "The Telegraph".

Old 03-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Majesty

funny anecdote as the only 5 star hotel in amiens (hotel marotte), where wills, kate and harry are going in june, had to decline hosting the 3 royals as they lacked availability.

Quand Kate, William et Harry ne trouvent pas d’hôtel...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

So William and Kate and their children were hardly hiding away as a family of four at Courchevel. Latest reports have, besides the nannies and other staff, there were Thomas van Straubenzee and one of his exes and Carole Middleton as well. Is it possible for the Cambridges to get away abroad anywhere for any length of time without Kate's mother being in the frame? Do this couple have so little to talk about after more than a decade together that they have to be surrounded by others at all times?
Old 03-13-2016, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The press had no idea what was going on until after The Cambridges were back in the UK. The press is now scrambling to save face.

Lots of tabloid rumour but no pictures have emerged so we don't know who was there if anybody.

For all the 'sources' the tabloids supposedly have, no one at the DM, Express or The Sun had any clue until after the skiing pictures were released.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
So William and Kate and their children were hardly hiding away as a family of four at Courchevel. Latest reports have, besides the nannies and other staff, there were Thomas van Straubenzee and one of his exes and Carole Middleton as well. Is it possible for the Cambridges to get away abroad anywhere for any length of time without Kate's mother being in the frame? Do this couple have so little to talk about after more than a decade together that they have to be surrounded by others at all times?

And does Kate need a Nanny and her mother to help with the children ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
And does Kate need a Nanny and her mother to help with the children ?

No, the tabs have been spinning this story for a while now.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

You would need 2 people to look after the kids if the parents are out skiing. George is going to be more active than Charlotte so someone would have to stay with the baby and another person with George.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

All we know is that the Cambridge family went on this trip. Most likely nanny went along, but everything else we really don't know about.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting Mothers of 2 often manage to look after 2 children under 3 by themselves. So do nannies. I have never heard of 'needing' as many nannies as kids. Stay at home moms must be abusing their children if its not possible to take care of a baby and toddler at the same time
Old 03-13-2016, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
You would need 2 people to look after the kids if the parents are out skiing. George is going to be more active than Charlotte so someone would have to stay with the baby and another person with George.

Really!! Most stay at home mums manage 2or3 children on their own day in day out

Old 03-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This thread is not about stay at home moms. Please get back on topic.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think Carole was there. It was a short trip, but we know Carole also ski, so don't think she would even go on this trip just look after kids. I don't know why folks have to drag Catherine's mother in everything, and make it seem Catherine can't do anything without having her mother attached to her hip.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Latest reports?
I have yet to find any credible reports of whom accompanied William and Catherine to the snow for four days on a private holiday.

I have read bitter, unstubstantiated articles by DM. I have also read that a passer by reported seeing William and Catherine lunching with two friends and another passer by who saw the group carrying a small set of skis. I've read that William's wealthy Godfather may have provided transport. I have read that some of Charlotte's Godparents could have been there at the same time.
I have no idea whether any of these stories are true? There are no photos.
I don't need to know. It was a private trip. Who cares who went?

When on family ski holiday most families use childcare for some hours of the day. There is a huge difference in the needs and ski ability of adults and children. Children are catered for in wonderful ski schools. They have some fun and meals with their parents. Otherwise adults are skiing runs that are far too dangerous for children. That is the nature of a ski holiday. Family ski holidays are fantastic; everyone has an active and fun time at their own level.

I sense some of the media is making up stories to court negative public reaction in retaliation to William and Catherine hiring a photographer to take family photos for release.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

They are on vacation. Regular people will take Grandma on vacation too to watch the kids. You see it all the time at Disney World with extended family tagging along. You can dump your kids off for supervised activities on a cruise ship while you booze it up at the pool.

George would be learning to ski during the day. Charlotte is too little so someone would be with George and someone with Charlotte when their parents aren't there. If the only W&K were going to do was watch the kids, they would have just stayed in Norfolk.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Isn't it entirely possible that if Carole was along on the trip that she was there for the sole reason that her family enjoys spending time with her?

One thing I don't think we'll ever hear from William is any mother-in-law jokes. I really am happy that he feels part of the Middleton family and enjoys their company.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life.
― John Lennon
Old 03-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Unless Kensington Palace provides details of who accompanied the Cambridges on their skiing holiday or we at least have a link posted to supposed reports as to who else went, I'm not sure why we would be speculating or discussing rumour.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

KP is never going to say who was with who during a private vacation be it the Cambridges's ski trip or Harry's supposed LA trip at New Years.

There is DM story putting Carole, Tom Van S and Sophie Carter in France.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...old-flame.html

Old 03-13-2016, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thomas Van Straubanzee is already divorced? That's a shame. They had a lovely wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-14-2016, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They are on vacation. Regular people will take Grandma on vacation too to watch the kids. You see it all the time at Disney World with extended family tagging along. You can dump your kids off for supervised activities on a cruise ship while you booze it up at the pool.

George would be learning to ski during the day. Charlotte is too little so someone would be with George and someone with Charlotte when their parents aren't there. If the only W&K were going to do was watch the kids, they would have just stayed in Norfolk.

I think it's pretty normal to see grandparents go on vacations (even short ones) with the adult children and grandchildren, heck I've done it! It's weird to me that anyone thinks it's odd or shouldn't be done.

LaRae