General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say perhaps even more than Charles at that age.

LaRae

As a Captain of a Minesweeper, he was responsible for the crew - people from all walks of life. Living in close quarters at sea gives plenty of insight and contact.

I also believe that its close contact with young people which led to the start of Prince's Trust when he left the Navy aged 27.

I don't consider 27 to be a 'young adult' really. But I said 'at that age' meaning their younger years thru college.

LaRae

I don't consider 27 to be a 'young adult' really. But I said 'at that age' meaning their younger years thru college.

LaRae

well he certainly started younger re acting on his experience than William

Charles has been the PoW since he was 16 (IIRC)...William will be in his 30's or maybe even close to 40 or so before he is ever PoW.

William followed a similar path as Charles except he has been working at a private job since military service was over....lots of contact with the real world doing that.

LaRae

:previous: very true and its his work now in EAAA that has helped him choose his path for charitable causes.

Charles has been the PoW since he was 16 (IIRC)...William will be in his 30's or maybe even close to 40 or so before he is ever PoW.

William followed a similar path as Charles except he has been working at a private job since military service was over....lots of contact with the real world doing that.

LaRae

William is 34 now, so very possibly could be well in his 40s if he ever becomes Prince of Wales, which he probably will; I believe it is not an automatic title?

In theory the POW title is not automatic and it can be delayed for a while. In modern Royal history (the last two to three centuries) it's never been withheld though.

LaRae
Charles was declared Prince of Wales when he was nine years old in 1958 and invested as such when he was twenty-one in 1969. He became Duke of Cornwall automatically when his mother became Queen when he was three (1952). William will become Duke of Cornwall automatically at the same instant his father becomes King. He will only become Prince of Wales when his father so declares. (Unless tragedy occurs and Charles does not outlive his mother - in that case William would never be Duke of Cornwall but The Queen could make William Price of Wales at HER discretion.)

Last edited:
The media is on vacation for a while. I haven't seen any but remember the buzz in early 2016 that the Cambridges were going to the Caribbean on tour and they went to India and Bhutan instead.

That one appears to just a default return Christmas card for people who send them one at KP. It is quite possible that the card they actually sign themselves and send to their friends and family is completely different.

People kept moaning about them not releasing a Christmas card and that one is a image that we have already seen.

Don't they usually use an existing photo. The Clarence House card has a photo from their tour of the Balkans.

We haven't actually ever seen a signed Christmas card from the Cambridges. The one from Harry that was posted by the people who received it had Harry's writing and signature in it.

It possible that there is only one card but it's also possible that there is a different one for people close to the family.

I'm sure they do have different cards. The Duke of Westminster probably doesn't get a form letter lol.

<Flipping through mental files> IIRC, Diana once said that they spent long-haul flights signing their Christmas cards. That of course means that the picture was chosen several months ahead of time.

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

What no credit to William for his part in creating George and Charlotte? ?

It seems Catherine, Prince George and Princess Charlotte were out and about in Norfolk yesterday.

LaurelCreative ‏@LaurelCreative
Lovely to see #DuchessofCambridge #PrinceGeorge #PrincessCharlotte shopping @TheRangeUK in #kingslynn this morning #theplacetobe

https://twitter.com/LaurelCreative/status/820611449286512641

And look at a reply
@LaurelCreative Hi,
Can you call me about the sighting in King's Lynn? Many thanks, Andrew Levy, Daily Mail 07976274172

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

People should call Andrew and report random Cambridges sighting- Daily Mail Hotline - I spotted Prince George, a cocker spaniel and a hamster boarding a purple helicopter in Norfolk demanding to be taken to Buckleberry to see Granny. He was also demanding no more broccoli at meals. Please investigate.

Such a silly article. Google map sat views show that there are trees and shrubs already planted along that road and KP. Not to mention that the Cambridges are just one of many people living there. And their place isn't even on that side of the complex.
Richard Palmer was one of those whining that William didn't say hi to him. Maybe silly articles like this designed to wind up people may be one of the reasons William doesn't particularly feel very friendly towards the media

I remember an old lady getting the same birthday card from the Queen multiple years after turning 100. The palace sent William out to meet her. This is just another DM click bait piece.

Not sure if people know this but correspondence sent to the Cambridges goes to Clarence House, not Kensington Palace.

Thats also the reason the reply is identical to the reply you receive from Charles and Camilla.

Most letters (although some) don't receive a personal reply. There is a dedicated correspondence department that looks after that.

Last edited:
If people want to receive a personal reply, they should try sending very unique letters to the royals, instead of the same thing over and over again. Letters that stand out from the rest is the best.

If people want to receive a personal reply, they should try sending very unique letters to the royals, instead of the same thing over and over again. Letters that stand out from the rest is the best.

Or maybe they shouldn't bother?

Who wants to answer letters from a stranger anyway? I think people are lucky to get a standard acknowledgment.

(Same with those people who write to film and television stars; I saw a show once which showed all the letters at some warehouse in Burbank being answered by studio employees. The celebrities never even saw them. ) :lol:

I remember an old lady getting the same birthday card from the Queen multiple years after turning 100. The palace sent William out to meet her. This is just another DM click bait piece.

I do remember that and in fact, I found a link to the story released at the time. Its quite heartwarming.

109 year old complains about birthday cards from Queen, then gets visit from William

That is one thing I do admire about all the British royals just about. Even with all the correspondence they get from people all over the world, they do take the time to assure that letters and cards and greetings are acknowledged. With the sheer volume of mail coming in, it would be impossible for the receiving royal to actually read and reply to each and every letter they receive but I think our Dman has hit on the clincher. Write something totally unique to grab their attention. One case in point is when an American wrote to HM and asked her to please take the United States back. :ROFLMAO:

American writes to the Queen asking her to take back control of the US because Presidential candidates 'aren’t up to par' | The Independent

I think too that sometimes writing a letter that expresses admiration or warm wishes on a happy occasion to someone we admire isn't always done in the hopes that the person will actually read them but it makes the sender feel good. It kind of works along the lines of how we have a specific thread to wish people "happy birthday" or "happy anniversary" even though we know the person we're wishing well will never, ever read it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom