The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, she was definitely breastfeeding George because when she was papped at the grocery store in Wales one of the items in her cart was nursing pads. She has to of stopped at some point. And the British press said it was March.

I guess I’m not one of those people who thinks breastfeeding is a taboo subject to mention in public. It’s very commonplace and healthy, so much so that there are laws protecting women’s rights to breastfeed in public.

Were you in the threads chastising “too personal”, when the press said she delivered George and Charlotte via natural birth. Because labor and delivery is a lot more "personal" and “medical", than breastfeeding.

For me there’s no difference between saying George eats breast milk, and George eats Cheerios.

Frankly, when it comes to breastfeeding you remind me of Queen Victoria and her "Alice the cow" dig.
Whoah. There is a difference to belive breastfeeding should be free and in public (which I obviously belive) and that it shouldn't be taboo to talk about. It's another thing to speculate on if a mother breastfeeds or not, how long they do etc. That is their own family planning decision. Just like you have no reason to be told if they sleep together or on their own and when they started using the potty. It's none of our buissnes. That doesn't meen that potty using is taboo. Just that specualting on when someone elses kid started it is none of your buissness and usually leads to comparisons with other kids which leads to judging of the parents.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Whoah. There is a difference to belive breastfeeding should be free and in public (which I obviously belive) and that it shouldn't be taboo to talk about. It's another thing to speculate on if a mother breastfeeds or not, how long they do etc. That is their own family planning decision. Just like you have no reason to be told if they sleep together or on their own and when they started using the potty. It's none of our buissnes. That doesn't meen that potty using is taboo. Just that specualting on when someone elses kid started it is none of your buissness and usually leads to comparisons with other kids which leads to judging of the parents.
Alright, if Catherine is ever papped with a box of Cheerios, I'll make sure not to speculate that she eats Cheerios. It is a family breakfast planning decision, and will only lead to comparisons with other kids and parents who eat Wheaties.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

It's time to move on please - how a simple night out for a meal can turn into debate about what can, should or could be discussed is beyond me. Could we also please stop getting personal and snarky with one another.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

IIRC when they visited that Winery during the Aussie/NZ Tour, Catherine was overheard saying it was nice to enjoy a glass of wine again now that George wasn't being breastfed anymore. That was not only mentioned in the Press, but and IIRC, it was in one of than a few of the several videos posted from that day on YouTube. The reason I say IIRC is simply because of the amount of videos from that day I know I heard HRH say it clearly, but don't ask me which video it is. That was almost two yrs ago after all.

That's Catherine saying it herself and loud enough to be heard to be reported on. Not the Media making it up. You don't have to like it, as everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it wasn't made up gossip.

Also to head off the "State your source" posts I know are coming and I get so sick of...If in this day and age people can't be bothered/haven't a clue how to do a simple Google search, then I'm certainly not doing it for them.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Anyone else mentioned that maybe Kate was the designated driver for the night and choose not to drink for that reason - they are a low key couple and probably preferred to one of them to drive to the pub rather than having a driver.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Anyone else mentioned that maybe Kate was the designated driver for the night and choose not to drink for that reason - they are a low key couple and probably preferred to one of them to drive to the pub rather than having a driver.
They would have had a policeman with them, who could have driven them back.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
IIRC when they visited that Winery during the Aussie/NZ Tour, Catherine was overheard saying it was nice to enjoy a glass of wine again now that George wasn't being breastfed anymore. That was not only mentioned in the Press, but and IIRC, it was in one of than a few of the several videos posted from that day on YouTube. The reason I say IIRC is simply because of the amount of videos from that day I know I heard HRH say it clearly, but don't ask me which video it is. That was almost two yrs ago after all.

That's Catherine saying it herself and loud enough to be heard to be reported on. Not the Media making it up. You don't have to like it, as everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it wasn't made up gossip.

Also to head off the "State your source" posts I know are coming and I get so sick of...If in this day and age people can't be bothered/haven't a clue how to do a simple Google search, then I'm certainly not doing it for them.

Why should someone do your research for you? If its so easy, then it doesn't take much effort to produce your own source.

When I searched for that quote, I didn't find the video but I did find the Hello article about the winery visit. She said she was enjoying drinking again after giving birth last year. Nothing about breastfeeding

Kate Middleton not pregnant as she samples wine with Prince William in New Zealand
Old 02-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

I am one of those people who asks someone to cite their source, though not on this forum. As a graduate student I always have to cite sources and also work in academia where I have to cite a source. If someone were to note something outlandish like C&W saying they want twins (which, to my knowledge, they have never said thus I do not have a source) I would someone to back that up with a source. I think it is respectful to give a source so people will believe you than to tell them to search themselves.

If you needed a roll of toilet paper, I wouldn't tell you where to find it (unless it's in the bathroom), I would get it for you. Not quite the same thing, but another example of giving someone what they requested.

I don't need a citation for the whole breastfeeding issues, I really could not care less about whether or not it is true. :)
Old 02-11-2016, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just going to throw in my own two cents worth on the issue of asking for sources. I believe that it is part and parcel of the forum rules that what is posted is able to be backed up by reputable sources. This, I believe, keeps TRF as more of an informational archive than a gossip/flamethrowing/speculative forum where anything can be dished out.

Our moderators work hard to keep this place the way it is and its because of this dedication that TRF has been around for so long.

To quote the TRF rules:

Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
They would have had a policeman with them, who could have driven them back.
Well, since we've seen Kate drive with the security guy in the passenger seat I don't think it's always that the police officer drive. I think it depends on the situation.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

RPOs do not drive the car. Royals are taught avoidance techniques but the police have to be free to assess and communicate situation, not drive. Same reason why they do not carry luggage/shopping when walking about - must be free to respond.

RPO plus driver with skills on official events is the norm. Private events may be just RPO

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

They would have multiple RPOs. It's not going to be WK and 1 RPO. At least 2 inside with the Cambridges. Some out with the cars. There is going to be a second car to follow the Royal car. Back in the post college clubbing days, when they were both drunk did a RPO drive or did they get a driver from the Royal Mews?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-13-2016, 04:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just going to throw in my own two cents worth on the issue of asking for sources. I believe that it is part and parcel of the forum rules that what is posted is able to be backed up by reputable sources. This, I believe, keeps TRF as more of an informational archive than a gossip/flamethrowing/speculative forum where anything can be dished out.

Our moderators work hard to keep this place the way it is and its because of this dedication that TRF has been around for so long.

To quote the TRF rules:

Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

Which Is fine when it's something being discussed that's just happened, but that's not usually the case around here and 99.9% of the time, it's things that happened years after the fact and usually by someone attempting to stir things up. This isn't a Thesis Defence or something being published where every little source needs quoted. This a Discussion Forum about Royals for crying out loud and supposed to be fun for the most part.

It's not so much being sick of what's being asked, but sick and tired of the snippy snotty nasty manner of how it's usually asked and not only that, but about something 2, 3, 4 who knows how many years ago. That I am beyond sick and tired of and I stand by what I said. If you don't believe me that's fine, but I'm also not going to search for something for someone who won't believe it or will challenge it, because they've been proven wrong and can't have that happen after all.

BTW...I believe I did state where that news piece I heard Kate say that was over at YouTube. As I said though, if someone doesn't want to or know how to do a simple search in this day and age, especially for something from nearly two years ago, then it is not up to me!!

Old 02-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

When I supply a source I know I am helping to let people learn more. Sometimes i don't have time to go back and find past links in the Forums - bit I do try to point people to threads.
And I really, really appreciate it when people give me liks or point me somewhere in the Forums.
We're off topic, but I did want to say thanks to all.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:47 AM
Majesty

Actually, I don't think it is actually 'off topic', especially when it concerns the Cambridge family. If people cannot be bothered to back up their own "facts" then perhaps they are on the wrong thread.

I love TRF for asking us to back up our often controversial assertions about the Cambridge family, more so as opinions are more and more often stated as fact rather than prefixed with IMHO or even IMO. When opinion gets mixed up with fact, it is increasingly difficult to separate fact from fiction or, somebody's biased opinion from the actual truth and it's consequent squabbles.

Not surprisingly the Cambridge family are prime targets for misinformation or disinformation and the consequent requests for verification are increasingly being labelled as "argumentative" by their purveyors, instead of answered.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Time to move the discussion back on-topic, which is General News for the Cambridge Family and not a debate over providing sources.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Wills is throne idle: Prince on 1st job of the year... and it’s a disaster
Royal’s first official engagement of the new year turned into a right cock-up
By EMILY ANDREWS, Royal Correspondent
19:01, 17 Feb 2016

PRINCE WILLIAM has finally shown up for work.

While most of us have been grafting for well over a month, his first official engagement came 47 days into the new year — and even then it turned into a right royal cock-up.

Addressing diplomats at the Foreign Office on Tuesday, about the virtues of diplomacy, should have eased the prince in gently.

But the fallout yesterday likely left him wishing he had pulled a sickie...
Old 02-18-2016, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Its hard to make a comment given no sources are listed. I mean there are 'unnamed' sources but that can mean its completely fabricated.

Anyone can write a story if they're not going to say who their source is. Without knowing, its rubbish to me.

Its just the same 'William needs to more' that the tabloids like to push
Old 02-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Royal’s first official engagement of the new year turned into a right cock-up
By EMILY ANDREWS, Royal Correspondent
19:01, 17 Feb 2016

PRINCE WILLIAM has finally shown up for work.

While most of us have been grafting for well over a month, his first official engagement came 47 days into the new year — and even then it turned into a right royal cock-up.

Addressing diplomats at the Foreign Office on Tuesday, about the virtues of diplomacy, should have eased the prince in gently.

But the fallout yesterday likely left him wishing he had pulled a sickie.

That discussion is pointless. When Charles is king, William will have to take up more public duties whether he likes it or not, as he will be the heir to the throne and Charles is said to want a slimmed-down royal family.

Talk about "reluctant heirs" is nothing new. We used to hear it also in connection with Frederik of Denmark, Willem-Alexander in the Netherlands, and even Philippe of Belgium. In time, all of the above "fell in line". Philippe and Willem-Alexander are even full-time kings now due to the premature abdications of their respective parents.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

It is a pointless question. When the prince is not suitable to be King, a Regent will be appointed unless he himself renounces his rights or abdicates the throne. Even if we conclude that William is most unsuitable indeed, he will be King anyway.