General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Keep the private times private and out of the public glare. There are plenty of official times and events to get photos of the Cambridge children.

I don't think any of us would willfully invite the press in to our own family's holiday celebrations and our special moments so I think we should extend that consideration to everyone no matter how much in the public eye they may be.

I agree. Keep the private times private and out of the public glare. There are plenty of official times and events to get photos of the Cambridge children.

I don't think any of us would willfully invite the press in to our own family's holiday celebrations and our special moments so I think we should extend that consideration to everyone no matter how much in the public eye they may be.

There's nothing wrong with them releasing Christmas photos. Most of the European royals are doing it. The Cambridge's did so last year, so they could do it again this year.

I like how Victoria and Daniel showed little Estelle baking Christmas cookies. Now that was very creative. William and Catherine could do the same thing. No one is saying inviting the press into anyone's home. One trusted photographer to take pictures of the family won't hurt anyone. Or Catherine can be the photographer and take the photos again.

Let's stop putting the Cambridge's on some sort of special pedestal. Like they can't do what their other royal peers are doing.

There's nothing wrong with them releasing Christmas photos. Most of the European royals are doing it. The Cambridge's did so last year, so they could do it again this year.

I like how Victoria and Daniel showed little Estelle baking Christmas cookies. Now that was very creative. William and Catherine could do the same thing. No one is saying inviting the press into anyone's home. One trusted photographer to take pictures of the family won't hurt anyone. Or Catherine can be the photographer and take the photos again.

Let's stop putting the Cambridge's on some sort of special pedestal. Like they can't do what their other royal peers are doing.

What is the obsession with European royals? British royals do things their own way. The Queen didn release her Christmas card. Should she be more like her peers?

This year I've seen Charles and Camilla's card. Standard picture. Not baking cookies, not hiking in the mountains.

You follow the wrong royal family if you want lots of pictures released.

Last edited:
What is the obsession with European royals? British royals do things their own way. The Queen didn release her Christmas card. Should she be more like her peers?

This year I've seen Charles and Camilla's card. Standard picture. Not baking cookies, not hiking in the mountains.

You follow the wrong royal family if you want lots of pictures released.

Following the right family, but I think they could change up things a bit. I get the protective shield we all place around William and his family, but asking for some Christmas pictures isn't asking for much.

But the point is that they HAVE released pictures at Christmas every other year than this one. Some of us are wondering why not this time, that is all. I might also add that even when pictures have been released their lack of holiday spirit can make them appear grudged and I rather suspect that they are.

But the point is that they HAVE released pictures at Christmas every other year than this one. Some of us are wondering why not this time, that is all. I might also add that even when pictures have been released their lack of holiday spirit can make them appear grudged and I rather suspect that they are.

Not every year. Last year and the year before. That's it. The Queen doesn't release a card, but that's okay. Harry didn't release a card this year and that's okay.

William and Catherine don't release a card and it's a scandal. Why can't they be like the Europeans people say.

I don't remember the 2014 Christmas photos.
I think its funny how two years out of six is now look as an annual thing.

Last edited:
I don't remember the 2014 Christmas photos.
I think its funny how two years out of six is not look as an annual thing.

They didn't relase a "Christmas" photo - they released pix of George (October time, not sure - someone will correct me)

It takes more than 5 years to make a tradition and one year really doesn't.

Get over it folks.

OK. We know the Cambridges are not going to have a tradition of releasing Christmas photos of the family or the kids or even Lupo and Marvin but there's one I know I'd really love to see and it would take the world by storm and go superviral.

It would be a picture of George by the Christmas tree and his facial expression when he realizes that he's been caught peeking into the wrapped presents under the tree.

A real "Ut oh! I'm in trouble now" picture. :ohmy:

No one is asking for them to let the press in. We were fed all these stories of Kate being a photographer. Her dad took some baby photos. They could simply release a photo of the kids they took. No press required. Nor would I say twice a year, Charlotte wise and what three for George, is plenty.

As for the whole....they have only done it the last two years... I wonder what changed in those two years:whistling: oh wait, kids. Family ohotos tend to imclude family, aka their kids.

They didn't relase a "Christmas" photo - they released pix of George (October time, not sure - someone will correct me)

It takes more than 5 years to make a tradition and one year really doesn't.

Get over it folks.

:) Wise words cepe. And yes that photo of George was released in the fall of 2014.

They'll release another photo when they're ready to show how much the children have changed since the Canadian tour. And quite likely will be the usual mixture of praise and complaints if Kate is the photographer.

Last edited:
Catherine has taken the best pictures of the kids.

While people can argue about why not / they are breaking their own tradition / European royals release photos etc I would think surely its good media strategy to release a Christmas photo the same year the family will not be at Sandringham for much of Christmas. I remember the last time they went to the Middleton's at Christmas there wasa fuss about the media being stopped by police from taking photos of them. Wouldn't it be better this year more than any other to release a picture and say we are releasing this so the media don't need to bother us on Christmas Day - I know it wouldn't work completely but it seems odd to me not to release a photo the same year they will want to be hiding away with the Middletons'. I know they are entitled to their privacy and I know some people will say why should they give into the media but let's be real, custom dictates that the RF are photographed on Christmas Day. After all the best defence is a good offense.

:previous::previous:

They are following British tradition. Queen does not do it.

I don't buy that European tradition is best. People might prefer it because they get more pictures and the royals and esp their children get more exposure.

But it doesn't mean its the best.

I'll stick with what I've got.

One thing that the British royals have that the European royals do not have is the constant barrage of press intrusion into each and every aspect of each and every royal's comings and goings and innuendos and exaggerated stories as told to them by sources close to the royals.

The European royals have much more freedom of movement and expectations of privacy. If it were to be compared as far as gearing up for war in medieval times, all the Europeans would need is a strong, stiff leather jerkin while the British would need a complete suit of metal armor.

I may be wrong but this is how I see it.

Releasing some pictures of the kids isn't press intrusion. If that was the case, all the pictures they have released meant William and Catherine broke with their stand on privacy. That's not what happened.

Releasing pictures of the family is the best thing they could've done. It also keep the press happy and away from invading the family's personal privacy.

It's not a sin to expect them to release some pictures going into the holidays. No one want the press sleeping under anyone's bed for crying out loud. I'm one those who will stand up for the Cambridge's privacy at all times.

Just maybe William and Catherine thought the Cambridge Canadian Tour was enough, but I did think we would get something for Christmas.

I just think a Christmas card released to the Press, something seasonal, cheerful and showing the four of them as they are now in December 2016, would have been nice.

Photos, photo shoots of the family keeps a future king and his heirs in touch with future subjects, IMO.

I've given up on a European approach to the media by the BRF as they are palpably uninterested in that, even though it seems to work for Scandinavian Royal families.

Last edited:
I suspect the Cambridges have an idea of how much exposure they want their children to have in a given year and that influences whether or not photos are released at Christmas.

If I remember correctly, when George was born we got the introduction to the world after he was born, then the pictures taken by Michael Middleton, then the christening, but nothing at Christmas. The next year we got the the Australian tour, George's birthday pictures, Christmas pictures, and a handful of paparazzi pictures. Last year we got Charlotte's birth, the pictures of George and Charlotte taken by Kate, Charlotte's christening, George at the trooping, George's 2nd birthday (which was taken at the christening), a Christmas photo, and George at a polo match, as well as more paparazzi pictures. This year we've had George's first day of school, the ski trip, Charlotte's first birthday, George's third birthday, the trooping with both kids, the Canadian tour, the photo with the Queen, all her great-grandchildren and the Wesexes, the photo (and stamp) of the Queen and the direct line of succession, the pictures of George meeting the Obamas, and George and Charlotte at the Horse Trials. Plus the standard paparazzi pictures.

We've gotten more pictures of the kids this year, as well as the much longed for video of them interacting with people, than we have previously. Is it really necessary to complain about the lack of Christmas pictures?

I'd forgotten how many photos had been released and photo-ops had taken place this past year. Thanks for the reminder Ish.

I'd forgotten myself until I listed it - I knew there had been a lot, but not exactly how much until I listed it.

Rather than judging the Cambridges for not releasing a Christmas photo, I prefer to think there are other reasons playing into the decision. I would assume it has something to do with not drawing attention to themselves and away from other family member(s). Perhaps the photo of HM and POW, perhaps something else that we don't yet know that is pending - maybe a great group family shot from that same 90th bday? Wouldn't that be amazing? The royal family is getting better at the social media thing.

The Cambridges seem to be very sensitive unassuming, reluctant PR stars of the family. Regardless, the children have been very visible this year - On tour in Canada, at Trooping and George even went to the air show. They have put forth a noted effort this year. And I like the little surprise photos ( ski holiday). I hope they all have a lovely Christmas!

Rather than judging the Cambridges for not releasing a Christmas photo, I prefer to think there are other reasons playing into the decision. I would assume it has something to do with not drawing attention to themselves and away from other family member(s). Perhaps the photo of HM and POW, perhaps something else that we don't yet know that is pending - maybe a great group family shot from that same 90th bday? Wouldn't that be amazing? The royal family is getting better at the social media thing.

The Cambridges seem to be very sensitive unassuming, reluctant PR stars of the family. Regardless, the children have been very visible this year - On tour in Canada, at Trooping and George even went to the air show. They have put forth a noted effort this year. And I like the little surprise photos ( ski holiday). I hope they all have a lovely Christmas!

I am sorry but one appearance in the uk in 12 months barely qualifies as an effort. They complain when the press tries to invade three privacy and take photos of the kids. If they were as sensitive or save as you claim, they would comprehend that they are causing the frenzy. If they font want yo did their kids in public, sharing a family photo would do it. And I am sorry,u but bless they do a picture announcing a new pregnancy like social media stars, they aren't going to steal any thunder from the queen. Or if a group portrait is done. Charlotte has been seen in two foreign Von tries and briefly on a balcony. George at least we have the air show.

It's so easy to release a nice picture and everybody is happy. But we all know, William wants to be 'private' and show who's boss by not giving in to the press wanting a glimpse of family life.

He had no problem at all though to show his home and his son in pyjamas when Obama stopped by. So I guess it's a question of who's asking, bad press or American President.

You know their Christmas card is probably just a photo from the Canada trip so you're not missing anything you haven't already seen.

Charles and Camilla's card is the only one that was released. No other British royals have released theirs. No one is complaining about not seeing the Queen's or Harry's or Anne's

I follow the Cambridges as much as the next person here and always enjoy seeing and hearing about the places they go, the things that they do and the little tidbits we get every now and then about the kids and how they're growing up and their likes and dislikes and anything else they care to share.

I, however, do not care one way or the other if they release a Christmas photo or not. Its not the end of the world if they don't and I most certainly do not feel that they owe me, the general public, anything at all.

You know their Christmas card is probably just a photo from the Canada trip so you're not missing anything you haven't already seen.

Charles and Camilla's card is the only one that was released. No other British royals have released theirs. No one is complaining about not seeing the Queen's or Harry's or Anne's

The York's do release Christmas cards as well. I think the Wessexs have done so too.

I follow the Cambridges as much as the next person here and always enjoy seeing and hearing about the places they go, the things that they do and the little tidbits we get every now and then about the kids and how they're growing up and their likes and dislikes and anything else they care to share.

I, however, do not care one way or the other if they release a Christmas photo or not. Its not the end of the world if they don't and I most certainly do not feel that they owe me, the general public, anything at all.

I could not agree more with you!

What a load of rubbish...its just the DM asking some so called "family experts" or "childcare experts" why they think they choose not to go to Sandringham.... because in their opinion the strict structure is stifling... please

Lisa clegg isn't a so called expert she is a well known expert in childcare

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom