The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2016, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes if they are hiring a gardener they are going to go beyond the smallish vegetable patch that many probably put in.

LaRae

Old 02-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

If you look at aerial views of Anmer, you can see a garden near the house. Apparently, they are going to use an area the already existed.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
You can't judge a book by it's cover. I have a smallish suburban lot. I show up 5 days a week for work in heels, nylons, professional attire w/ manicured nails yet I garden. I don't grow all my vegetables, sticking with what grows best in my climate such as tomatoes, squash, basil, etc.. To me if you live in the country it's crazy not to be involved in the gardens around your home - including edible plants.
The article I read said the Cambridges where hiring a gardener which suggests to me that they are following Charles' lead.
I'mo jusdiging anyone! Just saying that if they have employed a gardener it means they probably need him, and not neccesarily that Kate has become a perfect gardener herself!
Old 02-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'mo jusdiging anyone! Just saying that if they have employed a gardener it means they probably need him, and not neccesarily that Kate has become a perfect gardener herself!
I don't recall anyone saying that "Kate has become a perfect gardener". Please don't let your dislike run away with your reading comprehension.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Who knows? Perhaps Kate does like puttering around the garden and digging and planting and all that fun stuff. We know that Harry does and most definitely, Charles does.

Having a garden and puttering is a great way to teach kids how things grow and what they need to grow. Doesn't take an expert master gardener to do that although with a good sized plot as I imagine the one at Amner might be, it probably is a wise thing to have an overseer to keep things growing smoothly. Charles has a crew of his own. It happens sometimes with people that have a pretty extensively filled calendar.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

No one said Kate is the perfect gardener but it also shouldn't be implied that Kate doesn't enjoy puttering in the garden

The potato story is true from 2012

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...toes---1371137

It also would be helpful for a experience gardener to lay thing out knowing what would grow best in the various condition around Anmer. Plus the garden guy was a friend. Sort like when Charles gets his sister in law who is a interior designer to do stuff for his houses.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is could be that the gardener currently works at the Sandringham estate now or has been employed there in the past. He/she would be privy to the information about the soil, drainage, past gardens on the property and more.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I wonder if they are planning to take a ski holiday this year as they haven't appeared on their annual Mustique holiday in January. They haven't been on a long ski holiday since they got married from memory - they had a weekend for a wedding though Kate was pregnant with George and could not ski but William and Harry did. Maybe this year they will take to the slopes as George is at the toddler stage to hit the baby ski school slopes?

Old 02-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
No one said Kate is the perfect gardener but it also shouldn't be implied that Kate doesn't enjoy puttering in the garden

The potato story is true from 2012

Kate Middleton grows her own potatoes - but crop this year was poor - Mirror Online

It also would be helpful for a experience gardener to lay thing out knowing what would grow best in the various condition around Anmer. Plus the garden guy was a friend. Sort like when Charles gets his sister in law who is a interior designer to do stuff for his houses.

We have a gardener - comes every couple of weeks. We have an enormous hedge approx. 7 ft high, 50 ft long and 3 wide in places. We just cant deal with it. He manages the lawns in the summer. And any heavy digging.

But we still enjoy gardening and planting out etc. But there are some jobs where we need help.

Just saying.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I wonder if they are planning to take a ski holiday this year as they haven't appeared on their annual Mustique holiday in January. They haven't been on a long ski holiday since they got married from memory - they had a weekend for a wedding though Kate was pregnant with George and could not ski but William and Harry did. Maybe this year they will take to the slopes as George is at the toddler stage to hit the baby ski school slopes?
I was wondering (hoping) the same thing. It would be great if all the Wales and Cambridges went to Klosters or some other ski locale.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^ Klosters has been the family favorite for years, but does Charles still ski? Also does anyone know if the Phillps and Tindalls ski? I know Zara might not risk any chance of injury with the Olympics coming soon, but in the future it might be fun for the families to get together considering their kids are close in age.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles doesn't ski anymore and Camilla never skied.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Isn't there a photo out there of Camilla on cross country skis with the Prince? I could be wrong. Snowshoes, maybe?
Old 02-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Isn't there a photo out there of Camilla on cross country skis with the Prince? I could be wrong. Snowshoes, maybe?
This one - they used it for a card in 2010. They are in Scotland

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/med...10796539-1.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Charles went skiing in 2013. That was also the last year William went skiing. I don't think you can say either has permanently stopped skiing just because it's been 3 years.

I know Charles 'quit' polo but that's not the same.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Why Kate Middleton and Prince William missed out on the Middletons' Mustique vacation
Old 02-04-2016, 03:30 AM
Courtier

I'm not going to bother clicking. If they don't know her what her last name is, then I doubt they know anything else about her.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

There is also the possibility that they will go on a family holiday or a couple holiday just before their tour to india in April. They went to the Maldives or Seychelles just before they went to NZ/Aus tour just the 2 of them and before they went on their Pacific Jubilee tour they went to France

I have no issue with the press calling her Kate Middleton still - thats how we first got to know her and its be done in the past Diana often got Lady Di, Fergie was constantly used throughout her marriage.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I don't recall anyone saying that "Kate has become a perfect gardener". Please don't let your dislike run away with your reading comprehension.
And you are free to believe whatever story you believe in! I will pretend and believe she grows her own organic food for her fans's pleasure. She is good at shopping, that's for sure at least
Old 02-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
And you are free to believe whatever story you believe in! I will pretend and believe she grows her own organic food for her fans's pleasure. She is good at shopping, that's for sure at least
Oh my ..... need I say more regarding your bias.
I have to wonder why you even bother to click on this subject matter.