The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy to post the video and I agree that some media outlets will do anything to concoct a story during a slow news week.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I think the media realise they looked ridiculous saying for so long that everything was wonderful with Charles and Diana then suddenly it all broke down and the media were forced to report it due to the leaked tapes of both Charles and Diana etc. After so long saying all was perfect they looked bad suddenly now having to say it was all breaking down. I think learning from this they now would rather throw in the odd negative 'all isn't okay' report so they can say they knew all along if it all goes wrong.
Some clarity: the media knew the Wales' marriage was 'on-the-rocks' way before the tapes. One can read newspaper articles mentioning the fact that the Waleses were living separate lives in 1987. Watching interviews with Charles and Diana in 1985-86, the frostiness between the two, particularly Diana's openly dismissive attitude towards Charles (her husband), was cringeworthy. Just thought I'd correct the impression: the media was not taken unawares with Charles and Diana. It was the details that were unknown, and in fact, remain unknown pretty much to this day.

The difference between Charles and Diana and William and Catherine is night and day. JMO.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Both Will and Kate are doing just that. Appearing as an united team but also doing things on their own initiative and their own interests. Will is doing more and more "royal" things and supporting his own interests as is Kate.

Want to bet that as they do more and more things solo the rags start really insinuating that the Cambridges have marriage troubles because we don't see them together all that often? I'm willing to bet my very last, precious candy cane on that one.
Right, and that's why I said I hope people will respect their process and not make it out to be about the state of their marriage. The media will eventually go into speculation.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
My 'good as gold' children by Prince William

PRINCE William has revealed how becoming a father has made him more emotional and how his parents taught him the importance of showing Prince George and Princess Charlotte how those less privileged live.

He also told how his brother Prince Harry pops round to see him and Kate at Kensington Palace and “scrounges food off us and things like that”.
In a candid interview to mark 40 years of their father’s youth charity The Prince’s Trust, William and Harry spoke about their family lives and their relationship with Charles to presenters Ant and Dec, ambassadors for the Trust.

William, 33, said the births of his two children had given him a different perspective on life, and described two-year-old George and seven-month-old Charlotte as “good as gold, honestly”.

He said: “I’m a lot more emotional than I used to be. I never used to really kind of get too wound up or worried about things but now the smallest little things can get – I can feel – you well up a little bit more. “And you get affected by things that happen around the world or whatever a lot more I think as a father. Just because you realise how precious life is.”

He added: “I remember my mother and father taking us to charities and organisations and showing us, you know, what – what goes on. And I think it’s seeing – seeing such a broad spectrum of life, it’s really important from a young age, to give you a bit of perspective…you don’t just live in a palace, it’s very important you get out and you see what goes on in the real world.”

Harry said he enjoyed living next door to William and Kate at Kensington Palace. “I can always hear the wheels of those plastic tractors that George loves playing on,” he said.
Read more: My 'good as gold' children by Prince William | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 01-03-2016, 04:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William worries that he won’t get to see George and Charlotte grow up | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about George's first day at nursery school have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-38600-67.html thread.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Very nice to know that William took his wife out to dinner for her birthday. Not going to post the link to the video though.
It's not from her birthday. It's posted in August.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
It's not from her birthday. It's posted in August.
Thanks for that correction.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Commoner

I recently saw Princess Madeleine being interviewed with her husband on and they revealed that they are now living in London. Their youngest child, Prince Nicolas, is about the same age as Princess Charlotte. I have to say that I hope that she and Kate reach out to each other if they haven't already. Would be lovely to see that they were friends- both are in a pretty unique situation.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate & George out shopping
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...37&oe=573A5481
Old 01-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Commoner

In other news, this is an interesting tidbit about how Prince William has gotten his mini Aston Martin up and running so that Prince George will be able to enjoy it. Apparently James Viscount Severn (Sophia and Edward's son) has already been able to enjoy it. Prince George to inherit his father’s Aston Martin – Royal Central
Old 01-20-2016, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

A bit of fun. Royals occupy the top five spots. Princess Charlotte, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge, Prince George and The Queen

Quote:
Like Debrett's, it's a quintessentially British institution and a handy guide to all things high society and aristocratic.

Now Tatler has come to the aid of those looking to social climb by publishing a guide to the people you need to know.

The Tatler List, which is described as 'the people who really matter', is an ever-changing list based on the Sloaney magazine's insight driven by who the society world is 'talking about today and is likely to be talking about tomorrow.'

And despite not even being able to walk or talk, Princess Charlotte is the list's current ruler.
Read more: Princess Charlotte beats the Queen to lead Tatler's most influential list | Daily Mail Online

The Tatler List - Tatler
Old 01-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Royal Highness

Poor George bumped down to 4th and a year ago he was 1st on the list.

Tragic he peaked so early...
Old 01-30-2016, 04:39 AM
Majesty

Prince William and Kate to grow their own vegetables
Old 01-30-2016, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah yes, wasn't Kate already supposed to grow her own potatoes? LOL
Old 01-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Ah yes, wasn't Kate already supposed to grow her own potatoes? LOL

I think that was when they were in Wales

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-31-2016, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think that was when they were in Wales

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I will pretend to believe Kate is also "keen" in organic food and growing her own food!
Old 01-31-2016, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Highgrove has its own vegetable garden and the royal estates would have areas growing fruit and veg. Sandringham produces apple juice and cider. The Queen has bees for honey production (she gave some to the Pope). Why wouldn't Kate have a garden at Anmer? It's going be organic because she is Charles's daughter in law.

It's not like Kate grew up in the city and never spent any time out in country.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-31-2016, 10:30 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If I remember right, leading up to Will and Kate's wedding, it was reported that Kate and Charles conspired together on the trees in the Abbey and that Kate picked specific flowers for their special meanings.

We've heard that Harry has his own plot to dig in and garden so why wouldn't Will and Kate do the same? Grandpa has taken George out to plant a tree at Highgrove and I'd bet my last bowl of Froot Loops that Charles is eager to help and advise in any way he can.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-31-2016, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I will pretend to believe Kate is also "keen" in organic food and growing her own food!
You can't judge a book by it's cover. I have a smallish suburban lot. I show up 5 days a week for work in heels, nylons, professional attire w/ manicured nails yet I garden. I don't grow all my vegetables, sticking with what grows best in my climate such as tomatoes, squash, basil, etc.. To me if you live in the country it's crazy not to be involved in the gardens around your home - including edible plants.
The article I read said the Cambridges where hiring a gardener which suggests to me that they are following Charles' lead.