The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Catherine aren't worried. They know how the press operates. If we listened to the newspapers, W&K would never have married in the first place.

The press tried this with Edward and Sophie as well. Thankfully you can't make drama where none exists.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
William and Catherine aren't worried. They know how the press operates. If we listened to the newspapers, W&K would never have married in the first place.

The press tried this with Edward and Sophie as well. Thankfully you can't make drama where none exists.
True indeed.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh good grief....she doesn't even look 'disapproving' about anything....more fabricated stories.

LaRae
Old 12-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh good grief....she doesn't even look 'disapproving' about anything....more fabricated stories.

LaRae
my thought exactly - in fact i thought she had sort of an adoring look about her.... they are just trying to drive site traffic in a slow time.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
my thought exactly - in fact i thought she had sort of an adoring look about her.... they are just trying to drive site traffic in a slow time.
So true - and thousands clicked on it. so called "fans" and "followers" are inadvertently creating this garbage.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Not only do these stories generate traffic for the publications and their authors, they're also giving us something to talk about right?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-28-2015, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't see "disapproving" or "adoring" in that expression. I see "how on earth could you say something so idiotic". But that's just my interpretation.

They weren't posing, they were moving and were seemingly engaged in a private conversation, so what we are actually seeing is something like 1/200th, or perhaps 1/400th, of a second - of a second! - of a moving expression, frozen in time.

I think body language can tell us a lot, but you need more than one screen capture of a fraction of a second of time in order to be able to draw any meaningful conclusion. Unless we can see the video and hear the audio, all of our interpretations are equally valid, and also equally invalid.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Sadly, there are people who would like to see the Cambridges' marriage fail.
I've come across them on other sites. They will seize on these stories eagerly, and pout when they don't come true.

(I think it is unlikely, since Kate has been with William for a decade and knows him very well.)
Old 12-28-2015, 10:24 PM
Aristocracy

The photo is taken at about 1:57 of the ITN video of them leaving the church. It's definitely a fraction of a second, and in the fraction before, he's smiling at her, and in the fraction of a second afterwards, she faces forward, smiles and waves.

Tempest in a teapot, much like the endless speculation about the family photo.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

https://source-news.s3.amazonaws.com...hygh1ApFGsc%3D

Here is the video of the Windsors leaving if anyone wishes to watch the Cambridges' expressions.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
The photo is taken at about 1:57 of the ITN video of them leaving the church. It's definitely a fraction of a second, and in the fraction before, he's smiling at her, and in the fraction of a second afterwards, she faces forward, smiles and waves.

Tempest in a teapot, much like the endless speculation about the family photo.
Yep. Totally a beat up. There's nothing about that video that indicates anything is amiss. Thanks for posting the video link, TLLK.

I do, however, think the photo warranted discussion. The group of Kate and the children is a nice shot, and I'm not surprised it was cropped to print in the papers, because that group of three fitted nicely in the column space. William was positioned on the periphery and extended the outline in a way that wasn't pleasing, as though he didn't belong, and he wasn't looking at the camera, smiling. It wasn't good composition, in my opinion.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Yep. Totally a beat up. There's nothing about that video that indicates anything is amiss. Thanks for posting the video link, TLLK.

I do, however, think the photo warranted discussion. The group of Kate and the children is a nice shot, and I'm not surprised it was cropped to print in the papers, because that group of three fitted nicely in the column space. William was positioned on the periphery and extended the outline in a way that wasn't pleasing, as though he didn't belong, and he wasn't looking at the camera, smiling. It wasn't good composition, in my opinion.
I think that what might have happened was that Kate held Charlotte and William had George on his side. But that George ended up running around a bit and when they got a nice shot of them all he happened to be on her side.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Let us not draw ourselves back into the discussion of the Cambridge family photo, it was an ordinary family photo and analysed at length before Christmas so it's time to move on.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:23 AM
Courtier

Thank you for posting the video. Personally I don't see what people are discussing. Photographs are split seconds now a days.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's been an exciting time for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge over the past year – a newly renovated home in the country, a new job for William and, of course, a new baby daughter.

Here's a look back at William, Kate, Prince George and Princess Charlotte's top 10 moments of 2015.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Their 2015 has been quite a year - new home, job and baby | Western Daily Press
Old 12-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

It dsidn't surprise me the DM decided to use that photo to come up with a story. You can tell by the video that William and Catherine were talking about accepting flowers from the people gathered. Again, the media are looking for these kind of photos to come up with a story line about the state of their marriage. They've grown bored with the happy smiling pics, and now want something much more serious and juicy to write about. There's an audience for it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

I think the media realise they looked ridiculous saying for so long that everything was wonderful with Charles and Diana then suddenly it all broke down and the media were forced to report it due to the leaked tapes of both Charles and Diana etc. After so long saying all was perfect they looked bad suddenly now having to say it was all breaking down.
I think learning from this they now would rather throw in the odd negative 'all isn't okay' report so they can say they knew all along if it all goes wrong.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I think the media realise they looked ridiculous saying for so long that everything was wonderful with Charles and Diana then suddenly it all broke down and the media were forced to report it due to the leaked tapes of both Charles and Diana etc. After so long saying all was perfect they looked bad suddenly now having to say it was all breaking down. I think learning from this they now would rather throw in the odd negative 'all isn't okay' report so they can say they knew all along if it all goes wrong.
One thing they learned too from the Charles and Diana fiasco when it finally went public is just how much money they could make off of it and the race was on for the biggest "scoop" they could find. Its these tactics, I believe, that are goading writers to look for the negatives in just about anything and if they can't find any, they invent it.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-29-2015, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

tommy100 and Osipi, I agree. We all know no marriage is perfect, but it can't be easy for people to invent stories about the state of ones marriage. It's also unfair for anyone to launch comparisons to Charles and Diana's problems.

I just hope people respect the fact that the Cambridge's are a team, but they also have to carve out their individual roles too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I just hope people respect the fact that the Cambridge's are a team, but they also have to carve out their individual roles too.
Both Will and Kate are doing just that. Appearing as an united team but also doing things on their own initiative and their own interests. Will is doing more and more "royal" things and supporting his own interests as is Kate.

Want to bet that as they do more and more things solo the rags start really insinuating that the Cambridges have marriage troubles because we don't see them together all that often? I'm willing to bet my very last, precious candy cane on that one.

― John Lennon