The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
It's great to see a new family photo of the Cambridges. I am surprised how much analysis is going on regarding every detail of the picture and conclusions that really don't exist as it seems like a perfectly ordinary picture to me.

Seriously. The level of projection always amazes me- people project their own feelings and personal biases on to photos, of strangers, and act like there's insight to be had there. It's just a nice family portrait. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Too many dogs. One would have been enough. (I mean in the picture; it's entirely their business how many dogs they own).
I loved that all the dogs were included. You just know Anne refused to have a family photo without her two beloved bull terriers. Then Zara said if your dogs are being included then my boxer, Sway, and my lab, Storm, are coming for the photo. Then last but not least Peter brought his lab too.

The only sad thing about the photo was it confirmed that Mike's bull mastiff, Misty, had died. I hadn't seen her in photos since 2011 so I was already pretty sure. Also, she was very old. Mike already owned her when he started dating Zara.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
A wonderful picture of a wonderful family of four:

Photograph of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family
What a lovely and happy family photo of the Cambridge family!
Old 12-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That's a beautiful photo of the Cambridges - I love the bold, autumnal colours in the background. I don't have a problem with it, as HRHHermione has said it's just a normal family photo.

George and Charlotte are adorable children and it's cute to see them together. It looks as if George is a very energetic little boy.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think I see what you mean concerning William. I wouldn't necessarily say he looks stressed or distracted but he doesn't looke like 'part of the family'. The position Catherine takes in shows that she is the head of the family, she rules the roost. William, apart from observing his son, looks like a lackey. As if he has to obey her. I get a strange vibe from them, he has nothing to tell.
But if it doesn't worry him and works for them, alright.

I think there would have been more unity had he held Charlotte.
How insulting to call Prince William a lackey and he obeys his wife....I think they have shown the world that they work together as a team. Where you come up with some insulting things about royal families amazes me.

The picture is wonderful, a mother and dad showing off their children as so many to, William is showing such a deep interest in what his son is doing, the pride on his face is showing the love and care he has for George. Your comment
Old 12-18-2015, 09:00 PM
Commoner

This is a very playful moment to me. Having chased 3 little boys in my day, it looks as if William and George are seeing who can grab the train first, or as if George is making a run for it and William is ready to chase. As the photographer said, you have to be quick with 2 little ones. He caught just the right moment. Very cute!
Old 12-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound View Post
This is a very playful moment to me. Having chased 3 little boys in my day, it looks as if William and George are seeing who can grab the train first, or as if George is making a run for it and William is ready to chase. As the photographer said, you have to be quick with 2 little ones. He caught just the right moment. Very cute!
I agree, it just looks like William is keeping tabs on George. And from the few times we've seen him and from their words, I have a feeling that George is one of those kids that you blink and they're gone :P
Old 12-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Majesty

I love the new family photo. The Cambridges look like any family taking a few minutes to capture a snapshot. George definitely looks like he's ready to make a run for it .

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:48 PM
Royal Highness

It amazes me what different things people see in a photo. Looks like a normal family photo to me Will is looking lovingly at his son. But that isn't how some others see it. Better to look on the bright side I think.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
A wonderful picture of a wonderful family of four:

Photograph of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family

That it is. When I showed this to Dad a few minutes ago, he started laughing and said, "Boy oh boy...When she gets a wee bit older, are they ever in for it!!"

What a lovely photo of a very happy Family!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm glad they released the photo. I started to think they wouldn't do one this year. I'm also glad it's a full family picture. "Us four" is what the late King George VI used to call his family. Now the Cambridge's can do the same.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Courtier

I'm amazed that the photographer managed to catch Charlotte smiling - no easy task with such a young child.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes to me William is keeping an eye on George, I have a feeling this is common!

I agree with Dman. Mothers are usually the backbone of the family, main caretaker of the children. Looks totally normal to me. LaRae
I agree here. Makes perfect sense that the children are around Catherine. The picture is so charming mainly because of William's exceptionally vigilant posture. He's the one who can move quickly regarding George, as Kate has the infant in arms. I see total engagement from all of them, keeping in mind that this was a candid photo, not a posed studio tableau. They got what they got and this snap-shot is particularly attractive. I agree with their choice and am glad they shared it with the public.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
It took photog Chris Jelf 25min to capture several images of the Cambridge family. Like all babies, Charlotte was unhappy by the last 10min.

Lupo was also in the background of the Cambridge family photoshoot but didn't make the final cut. (The Sun)

Cambridge Christmas photographer Chris Jelf shares that Prince George kept pushing his red train around the garden during the shoot.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge delighted the pupils of Forest school when they sent a special Christmas card to the young children.

The Christmas cards were in response to handmade cards sent by the reception classes, the Rabbits and the Squirrels.

Earlier this month the young pupils sent William, Kate, Prince George and Princess Charlotte handmade cards to wish the family a happy Christmas.

Master in Charge of the Pre-Preparatory, Paul Faulkner was delighted with the response and said: "The children were very excited to receive the reply from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge."
Read more: Prince William and Kate bring cheer to children from Forest children
Old 12-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

What a beautiful family photo. I assumed they were just going to release one of George and Charlotte, so it was a nice surprise to see one of the whole family.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBirds View Post
How insulting to call Prince William a lackey and he obeys his wife....I think they have shown the world that they work together as a team.

From all I've heard about William, I find it difficult to conceive of him "obeying" anybody!

He has been known to be difficult in some ways.

(I once read that the press prefers when Kate is present, because William is easier to deal with when she is there. Doesn't sound to me as if she rules the roost, but more like she is a soothing influence).
Old 12-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate definitely a soothing influence on William. Remember during their South Asian tour and the photos came out. He was seething but Kate calmed him down.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-20-2015, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Yep Skippyboo that came right to mind too....when the pics broke you could see her in the car trying to smooth things over.

I think she is a very leveling influence for William.

LaRae
Old 12-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy

I am sorry but I don't know much about that time period. I see them as a team working hard and enjoying their family as it should be. I think William has seen and suffered a lot his life with the media and has some reservations about them yet he seems to handle them well. He does it better then I would for he has to be nice to them, and I don't.. ah, freedom of choice.