The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes she still reminds me strongly of Carole Middleton when I see her.

LaRae

Old 12-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I think both children resemble the Middletons rather than the Windsors, in general.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its nice they are doing a card but this picture is meh. Lupo not included and William looking stressed/distracted. Kate and the kids look nice though.
I think I see what you mean concerning William. I wouldn't necessarily say he looks stressed or distracted but he doesn't looke like 'part of the family'. The position Catherine takes in shows that she is the head of the family, she rules the roost. William, apart from observing his son, looks like a lackey. As if he has to obey her. I get a strange vibe from them, he has nothing to tell.
But if it doesn't worry him and works for them, alright.

I think there would have been more unity had he held Charlotte.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think both children resemble the Middletons rather than the Windsors, in general.
Yes George has moments where he resembles William (mannerisms etc) but he reminds me more of Michael Middleton than William right now.

Both pics of Charlotte have reminded me of Carole Middleton.

Nice to see the change in features ...those Middleton's have been around awhile too!

LaRae
Old 12-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
It's cute but I still prefer Catherine's pictures. And I'm a tad disappointed that Lupo wasn't included. It's a family of five, after all.

I think that's why I loved Princess Anne's 2014 Christmas card so much. It had Anne, Tim, Peter, Autumn, Savannah, Isla, Zara, Mike, Mia and the five family dogs. It looked complete.
Too many dogs. One would have been enough. (I mean in the picture; it's entirely their business how many dogs they own).
Old 12-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think I see what you mean concerning William. I wouldn't necessarily say he looks stressed or distracted but he doesn't looke like 'part of the family'. The position Catherine takes in shows that she is the head of the family, she rules the roost. William, apart from observing his son, looks like a lackey. As if he has to obey her. I get a strange vibe from them, he has nothing to tell.

My my, what a LOT of information about family relationships you are able to glean from this one picture. William, to me, just looks like he is keeping a watchful eye on George.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
My my, what a LOT of information about family relationships you are able to glean from this one picture. William, to me, just looks like he is keeping a watchful eye on George.
Not just this picture - it's a feeling I've had for a looong time from a lot of more pictures I've seen. But I'll retreat.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

This "us four" is one of the pictures I've been waiting for. I'm very glad they decided to share this picture. Charlotte do remind me of her grandmother, Carole. George, a mix of William and Michael. They make a very beautiful family.

I don't think one should over analyze this picture. They all look happy and William is looking to see what George is up to. Looks as if George was doing some entertaining, lol.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

Not getting that from this picture, but mothers are usually the backbone of the family. Especially, where I come from. The Cambridges have a happy family life.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes to me William is keeping an eye on George, I have a feeling this is common!

I agree with Dman. Mothers are usually the backbone of the family, main caretaker of the children. Looks totally normal to me.

LaRae
Old 12-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Yup - espacially with babies and toddlers ... I can't see anything unusual in that pic.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes to me William is keeping an eye on George, I have a feeling this is common!
Not only common but sheer necessity. From what we've heard about George, its very possible that its a now you see him, now you don't kind of a situation. The year of the two year old is very aptly names "the terrible twos".
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Not only common but sheer necessity. From what we've heard about George, its very possible that its a now you see him, now you don't kind of a situation. The year of the two year old is very aptly names "the terrible twos".

Based on the stories we heard about William...I bet George is giving his dad a run for his money. It does sound like K&W are more hands on type of parents so it's not just the nanny having to keep watch!

LaRae
Old 12-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

William's hand is poised right above George's train. He could have been trying to get George's attention with it. George doesn't appear one to sit still for to long.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes to me...William is poised to grab lol You can tell George is moving around and William already has his weight shifted (left leg back toe on ground) and ready to go...eyes watching the target! lol

LaRae
Old 12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

That Charlotte is a little cabbage patch doll though, lol. I know William will be very protective of his baby girl.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Royal Highness

George looks like he is about to make a run for it and Catherine has grabbed him by the seat of his pants.

William is about to grab Charlotte's shoe before Lupo comes after it.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Just wait in 15 years or so, but Daddy why does a company of the Welsh guards have to go one this date with me" Princess Charlotte

Old 12-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Just wait in 15 years or so, but Daddy why does a company of the Welsh guards have to go one this date with me" Princess Charlotte

exactly! I know William is happy he won't have deal with Charlotte's dating life for some time, but those days are coming. Same for Catherine and George.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-18-2015, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

It's great to see a new family photo of the Cambridges. I am surprised how much analysis is going on regarding every detail of the picture and conclusions that really don't exist as it seems like a perfectly ordinary picture to me.