General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there was a mix up in communications. Turns out Marvin is a Marvinia and will be adding to the Cambridge family's hamster branch of the household.

Silly stories and rumors are such fun aren't they? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Shhh Osipi that is top secret news... they are being billed to win a nobel prize next year for finding a way to cross-breed hamsters and cocker spaniels. The Cockster will be the hottest new lap pet next year. They have spread false rumors about a new dog, to hide they are working on a deal with an Italian company to sell the new animal. Its waiting on both a patent and final decision on name. Debate whether should be Cockster or Hamniel.:ROFLMAO:

There is rumor that the queen is being given one of the first litter for her birthday gift. They have to wait till he is bigger, in fear a dorgi might eat him.

Although I do wish they would have gone with a British firm rather than an Italian one, I plan on getting one and he'll be true blue American. Think I'll name him John Hamcock. :cool:

I am holding out as I heard rumors that the queen is commissioning a Hamgi, a cross between Marvina and one of her beloved corgis. they plan to cross promote it with Burberry and each Hamgi will come with either a Burberry trench for the dog or a leash and collar. :cool:

Sorry about that Soapstar. It seems that we've inadvertently jumped from General News for the Cambridge Family to the Genetic News of the Cambridge Family.

:hiding:

This is going to be epic

Canadian officials are working on a royal visit that would be a match made in paparazzi heaven, featuring Prince William, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and their equally telegenic families.

The visit has yet to be officially confirmed, but it stands to be a crucial moment in the lead-up to the 2017 celebrations of Canada’s 150th anniversary. A formal invitation has been sent and early preparations are under way, sources said.

The visit would be the most glamorous event featuring the Prime Minister since the state dinner in Washington, in March, and add to the number of glitzy photo ops that have marked his first year in power.

“The Prime Minister certainly has invited William and Kate [Middleton] and family to come to Canada whenever they are available on their schedule,” Mr. Trudeau’s director of communications Kate Purchase said in an interview, adding an official letter has been sent.

Ms. Purchase confirmed that the visit could come as early as the fall.
Read more: Trudeau invites William and Catherine for royal tour of Canada - The Globe and Mail

Last edited:
Very nice to know George got to accompany his parents to visit soldiers.

I think George would be very excited! It also gets him out and about and getting used to lots of people. He'll be in those little fatigues and berets, as his father and uncle were, in no time! Probably Charlotte might visit with the family in a couple of years.

More a current event but Prince George only has a general news thread.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge joined thousands of soldiers yesterday to mark the 75th anniversary of the Special Air Service.

The royal party – which also included two-year-old Prince George – unveiled a statue at the SAS base near Hereford, where they met serving and retired members of Britain’s most elite regiment.

The Red Arrows put on a display and there was a Spitfire flypast as Prince William and Kate spoke to a group of veterans in their 80s, who served in the original SAS during the Second World War.
Read more: Prince William and Kate in salute to SAS heroes 75th anniversary event | Daily Mail Online

Sounds like it should've been an official engagement.

Sounds like it should've been an official engagement.

It sounds as though it was an official engagement; for security reasons just not a public one. It probably would have appeared in the court circular a day or so later.

The lack of information about the event is only right considering it was to honour the SAS - the word 'secret' is part of their name for a reason. Members of the SAS are not allowed to reveal their identities.

They are the most magnificent men and truly deserving of this event.

His ability to sell out a clothing range with a single photograph has already become such a well-documented phenomenon that it has even spawned its own name: The Prince George Effect.

Now the young royal is set to hand a massive boost to the fortunes of a small British woodworking firm, after photographs released to celebrate the Prince's third birthday showed him astride one of the company’s customised garden swings.

In a series of four photographs published today, the young prince can be seen relaxing in the gardens of Anmer Hall, the Norfolk home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The makers of the oak swing on which the Queen’s great-grandson is perched immediately reported a bounce in sales.

The swing, which is sold for £345 by the Oak and Rope Company, is understood to have been a wedding present to the Duke and Duchess from the Prince of Wales, and is engraved with their names.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and Princess Charlotte all have personalised swings bought by Prince Charles

:huh: So... is that a double swing? Are William & Kate supposed to sit on it together or one at a time? Is the swing big enough for them to sit on it together? Is it the same size as the ones he gave George & Charlotte? If George has one of his own, why was he not photographed using it instead of his parents' swing? Or did someone decide we needed a reminder that he is their son?

:huh: So... is that a double swing? Are William & Kate supposed to sit on it together or one at a time? Is the swing big enough for them to sit on it together? Is it the same size as the ones he gave George & Charlotte? If George has one of his own, why was he not photographed using it instead of his parents' swing? Or did someone decide we needed a reminder that he is their son?

Could be. Or it could be that it's his favourite because it's Mommy and Daddy's. Or the background behind William and Catherine's swing was deemed to be more attractive by the photographer for the shot he wanted than George's swing was. Or they took some on each swing and he was making goofy faces in the ones on his swing. Or, like Victoria Arbiter, they found a certain romance in using that swing.

There are a lot of reasons that they could have used that swing; I personally think that someone thinking we needed a reminder is the least likely of the myriad of options.

Someone said that her friend's parents gave them that swing and they went to W&K wedding. They are pretty pissed that Charles is getting credit for it. But who knows, it is the internet.

Last edited:
I readon the net that those swings were a gift from Charles, and that George and Charlotte have a personalized swing too. Don't know the credibility though

Someone said that her friend's parents gave them that swing and they went to W&K wedding. They are pretty pissed that Charles is getting credit for it. But you knows, it is the internet.

If the people were the actual gift giver why would they be pissed that the papers are giving the credit to Charles? William and Kate know who gave them the swing and the giver should be honored that WK used the swing for George's pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't know, they allege gift giver weren't the one of the internet saying that. And I didn't ask the person who made the claim on the gofugyourself site.
People get mad for any reason.

A SERIES of books depicting the inspirational journey of a seven-year-old Keady girl during her brave battle with cancer have been given a Royal seal of approval.

In correspondence sent from Kensington Palace, the Royal couple appeared genuinely touched to have received the copies and congratulated the team on their "inspiring project".

The letter sent to Tracy on behalf of the Royal couple, read: "The Duke and Duchess were most impressed to learn that your students created these books for the Young Enterprise Company Programme this year, and were delighted to receive copies - it really was most thoughtful and generous of you.

"The Duke, as Patron of Child Bereavement UK, and The Duchess, as Patron of EACH, know how important it is to support children faced with illness in a child friendly manner and would have me congratulate the team on this inspiring project.

"Nevertheless, Their Royal Highnesses would have me reiterate their sincerest thanks for taking the time to write, and wish you and your students every success with the books."

Speaking to the Ulster Gazette, Tracy said everyone is "elated" the Royal couple has taken the time to respond.
Read more: Ulster Gazette - News - Eva book series touches the hearts of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Catherine, George and Charlotte have flown to France. :sun::sun::sun:

"Daily Mail"/"Mail Online"/Rebecca English are reporting they have flown there in the Duke of Westminster's Cessna plane.

They are said to have landed near the Spainish border, at the airport of Pau-Pyrenees, yesterday at 1.30pm and been driven off in two blacked-out Range Rover vehicles.

A couple of photos of the jet and a Range Rover are out on the internet from the local French media - and have been taken up by twitter fans.

(Maybe next week's Australian magazines will have shots of the family and Maria, as it's being reported the transfer of the luggage took several minutes on the tarmac.)

Last edited:
I'm sure now we know pretty soon if it wasn't Kate. Im sure KP will deny it within minutes if it wasn't Kate now the DM has published the story.

Now the hunt will be on to get the full scoop of when William joins them. Or perhaps dig up reasons why they're taking separate vacations or who knows what the DM can come up with. :whistling:

I'm sure now we know pretty soon if it wasn't Kate. Im sure KP will deny it within minutes if it wasn't Kate now the DM has published the story.

Not saying it wasn't Kate. It's just the article doesn't say who exactly was on the flight.

It would be nice if the family was able to enjoy some private time together in France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom