General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^Nice that both brothers were able to take a quick holiday without being discovered by the press. The photos of the Cambridges in the snow are lovely IMO.

Finally a photo of Charlotte and William, and my god does she looks like him!!

:previous:I agree. I think she looks very like William when he was that age. It will be interesting to see her this summer without all the "padding". :lol:

Great pictures they look like a happy family.

I don't think them releasing pictures will end the paps trying to get pictures, that is how they make their money. So they won't give up they need to get paid.

Great pictures they look like a happy family.

I don't think them releasing pictures will end the paps trying to get pictures, that is how they make their money. So they won't give up they need to get paid.
Yeah, but someone noted that this way they can go incognito for the trip, release pictures when they come home and tell the world themselves that they were on vacation and they avoid the "AHA! We found out the Cambridges were on vacation" negative stories.

Nice that they released pictures of their skiing holiday. Cute kids.
Some time off in the snow as a family : D

Beautiful pictures of the Cambridge family and I'm glad to see them out and having fun.

I love the phtos1 and it is great they are doing a photocall like the rest of the royals! just one thing I do not understand why they had tennis shoes on the snow?

It's important to remember, photos like this are released for the public to enjoy.

It's not about giving newspapers an exclusive or giving work to photographers.

Good Morning Britain, Sky News and the BBC had coverage and the photos have been all over the internet. Anyone who wants to see the photos can see them.

It's a fact of life you're not going to please everyone

I was wondering when we would get pictures of the family again. I thought it wouldn't happen until Charlotte's 1st Birthday in May.

Wow, Charlotte looks completely like her father.
I don't understand the critizism about not posing for lots of photographers ie like the Dutch or Danish RFs (who have kind of a regular shoot at the same place every year), especially when thinking of these horrible pictures in the Diana days when photographers were all over the place.

But I do think that they have to be more visible as a family in the UK, ie do regular shoots.

Catherine finally gets to go skiing after a four-year drought. I bet she really missed it as the Middleton family seems like ski fanatics.

Wow, Charlotte looks completely like her father.
I don't understand the critizism about not posing for lots of photographers ie like the Dutch or Danish RFs (who have kind of a regular shoot at the same place every year), especially when thinking of these horrible pictures in the Diana days when photographers were all over the place.

But I do think that they have to be more visible as a family in the UK, ie do regular shoots.

I prefer one photographer and good pictures than lots of photographers and lots of pictures where all royals look in different directions

Harry was able to holiday in France earlier this month without being spotted. Sometimes you just get lucky

I think it's interesting that both Harry and the Cambridges chose France over renting out Uncle Andrew's Verbier chalet. Last month the Wessex family chose St. Moritz over the York chalet, too.

The photos are fun and very nice. The media can get all upset if they want, but I think that it was nice of the Cambridges to release the photos, even if it was after they returned. They didn't have to do that at all. They could have gone on vacation and no one would have been the wiser. And the children are just plain adorable!

I think the whole thing was beautifully done. They didn't have to deal with a great deal of photographers...just one they agreed on. The kids really looked happy too. Can't be easy to get babies to smile, and Charlotte just showed the two teeth she's got.

The Daily Fail really outdid themselves in the nastiness department on this. Talk about having your nose out of joint for being "snubbed"

Catherine finally gets to go skiing after a four-year drought. I bet she really missed it as the Middleton family seems like ski fanatics.

Just because we have not seen her does not mean she has not gone to ski in 4 years. ;) It looks like the family has the ability to go to places discreetly. Good for them :flowers:
lovely photos.

The media will just have to get used to the fact that William and Catherine did it this way, because it's best for them and the kids.

Just because we have not seen her does not mean she has not gone to ski in 4 years. ;) It looks like the family has the ability to go to places discreetly. Good for them :flowers:
lovely photos.

I doubt she went skiing during her pregnancies. :lol: And in 2014 she and William opted to go to the remote Indian Ocean for a March holiday instead of skiing. I think they waited until George was old enough to begin ski lessons. I really, really doubt she's been skiing in 2013 ,2014,or 2015. But we're all entitled to our opinions. :flowers:

I love these photos and it's great that William and Catherine released several shots and not just one or two.

The system works well for them and, in turn, for us because we get to see some of the most relaxed, happy and intimate photos we've seen in ages and great quality ones at that. We certainly don't need a barrage of photographers snapping away and shouting and calling to turn round this way or that!

Another fallacy is the press (newspapers) continue to shape public opinion. I posted in another thread how newspaper sales in Britain are declining.

We are witnessing the dying gasps of an industry that had it all to themselves at one time and couldn't adjust with the times.

It's fact of life that technology makes jobs and people redundant all the time. I used to own a book-store and it went bust with the rise of Amazon. I had to move on.

In the old days a newspaper was the only way to get the message out. You needed to lug a dozen photographers along, have a photocall and then wait for the printing press to put out the next days paper.

Thank God those days are over imo. The newspapers seem to be suggesting the Cambridges owe them a living - They don't.

I think the pictures are beautiful and I'm sure the general public agrees

Last edited:
What a nice surprise, I wasn't expecting to see new photos today. George and Charlotte are adorable children and they look alike, although weirdly I think George looks like Catherine, whereas Charlotte is more like William, especially around the eyes. I adore the children's winter hats, and Charlotte appears to be a happy baby, which is cute to see.

I hope the Cambridges had a nice time in the French Alps. Would this be the first time George and Charlotte have seen deep snow?

I really like the pictures and I think these were the most natural shots of the family, along with the pic released back in October. I think Charlotte looks a lot like William, and I also see a lot of Harry around her eyes. Very much surprised, not only for thr pictures, (which are more than one or two), but also for the venue in which they were taken.

Posts about William, Catherine and Harry's accommodations for their June visit to France, have been moved. The discussion can now be found in the British Royal Family Current Events thread.

I think it's interesting that both Harry and the Cambridges chose France over renting out Uncle Andrew's Verbier chalet. Last month the Wessex family chose St. Moritz over the York chalet, too.

Doesn't Fergie live there full time? The Wales boys and Fergie don't seem close so I guess it would be weird to stay in her house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom