The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Commoner

I was shocked when I saw that new haircut. She looks much older as she does anyway. So no good choice!

Old 09-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it's a new haircut...I just think she has bangs (as she has done before) and pulled her hair back...and I think she looks tired (not surprisingly).

LaRae

Old 09-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Gentry

The photo was also taken through the window of a moving car. Not the most flattering light situation for anyone. She may look just fine with the hair cut. Or maybe it was an accurate photo. We will know better next week
Old 09-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

TBH I really didn't see much of a change in her hairstyle.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think Catherine looks tired. The picture was taken in a moving car and her and William appear to be talking. I'm not sure she's interested in a new hairstyle. We have yet to see Catherine do anything interesting with her hair, but wear it down (most of the time) and up once in a blue moon.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Im think she looks tired,look at her eyes...
Old 09-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

I agree. I think she looks tired, and I am not fond of the "bangs", which don't really look like bangs to me...Maybe more layers around her face would have been nice.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
I agree. I think she looks tired, and I am not fond of the "bangs", which don't really look like bangs to me...Maybe more layers around her face would have been nice. I'm reading rumors of another pregnancy, which reminds me that either with George or Charlotte (can't remember which now) she had a similar hair style change.
She had bangs just before it was announced she was pregnant with George.

I happened across the video of the interview she and William gave after their engagement was announced, she had bangs then too. I would not read anything into Catherine having bangs now.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm intrigued by the hint of a connection between Kate getting a fringe and conceiving a child. The mind boggles!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post

I happened across the video of the interview she and William gave after their engagement was announced, she had bangs then too. I would not read anything into Catherine having bangs now.
I was hoping someone would be less lazy that I was and research the bangs/when they happened. Bless you DOD.
If we look at Kate's hair and think about it - all those previous bang cuttings can be seen and they add to the bounce of the front of her hair.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'll be glad once Catherine hit the pavement and focus on her official engagements. I've already grown tired over the talk about her hair.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-15-2015, 05:42 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A number of posts 'theorising' on the popularity of particular royals based on Twitter follower calculations have been deleted as off-topic and speculative.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post

Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks.

I know the Queen is an avid church-goer and attends church nearly every week. I had read that the younger royals are less apt to attend services, and I wondered if there was any special reason that William and Kate went this past Sunday. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I'm intrigued by the hint of a connection between Kate getting a fringe and conceiving a child. The mind boggles!
I don't want to go there Roslyn! I am hoping my mother will explain it to me when I am older.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I don't want to go there Roslyn! I am hoping my mother will explain it to me when I am older.
Heck with getting the straight information from my mom. I'll let the grandkids fill me in.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-15-2015, 09:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Heck with getting the straight information from my mom. I'll let the grandkids fill me in.
. Your one up on me Osipi, I don't have grandchildren...Rosyln's comment had me giggling so hard I tears coming down...
Old 09-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

sometimes I am left speechless by the comments on here. I learn something all the time.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Courtier

You and me both Cepe, you and me both! The correlation between bangs or a fringe as we call it in England and conception? I don't even want to begin to understand that.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'll be glad once Catherine hit the pavement and focus on her official engagements. I've already grown tired over the talk about her hair.
You will be sorely disappointed. Look at the military engagement Harry had today, yet all the talk/articles were about his beard. The British media is as shallow as a reflection pool. They only care about the looks and the sex lives of the royals. As Richard Palmer admitted, the press are only interested in the "royal soap opera", if the royals don't provide one, one will be made up.

On Thursday, we can expect articles about her hair(especially if grey hairs are showing), her outfit - and it's cost!, her post-baby figure(any flab will be zeroed in on). At the end of the articles - in a two sentence throwaway - the mental health charity will be mentioned.

The next article will be about Harry secretly sexting Cressida and Chelsy. With the writer saying how they can't resist his beard. And how now Catherine is encouraging William to grow a beard too.

There is a reason the British press has a horrible reputation worldwide. It is earned.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

You've summed it up perfectly Miss Whirley.