The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

That's up to the Queen to determine.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Exactly. Sadly, people keep overlooking that small tidbit.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Actually, the ball is in William and Catherine's hands. It's not up to The Queen. She would welcome them. They know what they have to do.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Actually, the ball is in William and Catherine's hands. It's not up to The Queen. She would welcome them. They know what they have to do.
Exactly. William and Catherine from now will go on to have more royal duties. The Queen is about to do 90 years, and despite having an iron health, age is moving forward and so it will have less official duties and they will have to replace in some official acts.
William shortly devrão leave your job in helicopters ..
Old 09-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Is it up to the Queen (and Charles) since she control the money
Old 09-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Is it up to the Queen (and Charles) since she control the money
Again, people forget that too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Plus William and Kate can't really do the Queen's official duties. If she can't do them, then there is a regent who would be Charles. William can't sign state papers on her behalf unless councillor of state are appointed. He can't start greeting Ambassadors on his own or having weekly meetings with the PM.

More engagements cost more money which may not be available.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Plus William and Kate can't really do the Queen's official duties. If she can't do them, then there is a regent who would be Charles. William can't sign state papers on her behalf unless councillor of state are appointed. He can't start greeting Ambassadors on his own or having weekly meetings with the PM.

More engagements cost more money which may not be available.

No one expects the Cambridge's to do the job of The Queen's role as Monarch. I'm just saying that the ball is in the Cambridge's court. They know some decisions for them are coming up in the next two years.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

And they will make those when it is necessary. But now when the Queen is still active and willing, William and Kate can do what they have said they were going to -helicopter/kids plus royal duties. Several already announced for September. If the Queen and Charles didn't approve than they would not be doing it and the same thing with Harry who has barely spent anytime in the UK this year.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaltyPortuguese View Post
William and Kate must begin to appear more and lead fulfilled official agenda, because it is the time comes to assume more responsibility. In a few years will be Princes of Wales ....
The Duke has a full time job in addition to his royal duties and the Duchess has an infant and a toddler. I think they are amply occupied. There are plenty of royal family members cutting ribbons already.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The Duke has a full time job in addition to his royal duties and the Duchess has an infant and a toddler. I think they are amply occupied. There are plenty of royal family members cutting ribbons already.

Pretty sure William has an infant and a toddler too...
Old 09-13-2015, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
And they will make those when it is necessary. But now when the Queen is still active and willing, William and Kate can do what they have said they were going to -helicopter/kids plus royal duties. Several already announced for September. If the Queen and Charles didn't approve than they would not be doing it and the same thing with Harry who has barely spent anytime in the UK this year.

I agree. Also there is an heir to the throne and consort who are expected to be carrying out duties and so they do perform hundreds of engagements on behalf of the Queen. If HM and the DoE did not agree to the current arrangement, then they would have not given their approval to William working for EAAA and Harry transitioning from the Army to civilian life and his volunteer work with injured service members.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Pretty sure William has an infant and a toddler too...

That's why he has the helicopter job 😉 #daddykidsfreetime#

Old 09-13-2015, 11:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was good to see William and Catherine again. It's been awhile, but I'm looking forward to seeing them out and about and doing their official duties again.

I wonder what those little Cambridge crumb snatchers are up to at home.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-14-2015, 04:45 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

All pregnancy speculation has been removed.

If you wish to speculate on that topic, do so via PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
That's why he has the helicopter job 😉 #daddykidsfreetime#

Hahahahaha! Agreed.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:29 AM
Courtier

I believe alot of people imagine H.M to have more power and financial freedom than she may in reality have. Why were the Palaces opened to the general public? Why were repairs not made at Buckingham Palace for so long? The British Government and British tax payers decide ultimately if the royal family remains or not. The British Monarchy website has facts and figures on the financial situation. H.M is not an autocrat. H.M does not have absolute power. There is also ' The way a head ' forum is there not? I suspect they may have some say in the role and future roles of The Cambridges.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:53 AM
Courtier

So she got a fringe, like she had some time ago, no big deal.

She doesn't look so good in the photo thought. William looks the same, she looks older:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/kate-midd...001500513.html
Old 09-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe I should post this on the fashion thread, but as the matter is being brought up here I can only join the comments. I think the fringe doesn't suit her at all, but this one that Kate wears is far better than the awful bangs she sported during the early days with George's pregnancy... I think that maybe a more defined a clear-cut fringe would suit her better.... IMO this one is because hair has grown and with the baby and all she hadn't had time to cut it LOL. Otherwise I don't know why she would let her hair like that... I think Kate prefers her hair back to normal... I am almost sure those bangs will vanish once she visits the hairdresser...

For a moment I thought she had cut her hair because should-length would look quite good on her.... that I saw it was just the pic that made it look like that.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaltyPortuguese View Post
Exactly. William and Catherine from now will go on to have more royal duties. The Queen is about to do 90 years, and despite having an iron health, age is moving forward and so it will have less official duties and they will have to replace in some official acts.
William shortly devrão leave your job in helicopters ..
Says who?

Are you intimating that your opinion overrules that of Her Majesty?