General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William and Catherine aren't worried. They know how the press operates. If we listened to the newspapers, W&K would never have married in the first place.

The press tried this with Edward and Sophie as well. Thankfully you can't make drama where none exists.

True indeed.

Oh good grief....she doesn't even look 'disapproving' about anything....more fabricated stories.

LaRae

Oh good grief....she doesn't even look 'disapproving' about anything....more fabricated stories.

LaRae

my thought exactly - in fact i thought she had sort of an adoring look about her.... they are just trying to drive site traffic in a slow time. :rolleyes:

my thought exactly - in fact i thought she had sort of an adoring look about her.... they are just trying to drive site traffic in a slow time. :rolleyes:

So true - and thousands clicked on it. so called "fans" and "followers" are inadvertently creating this garbage.

Not only do these stories generate traffic for the publications and their authors, they're also giving us something to talk about right?

I don't see "disapproving" or "adoring" in that expression. I see "how on earth could you say something so idiotic". But that's just my interpretation.

They weren't posing, they were moving and were seemingly engaged in a private conversation, so what we are actually seeing is something like 1/200th, or perhaps 1/400th, of a second - of a second! - of a moving expression, frozen in time.

I think body language can tell us a lot, but you need more than one screen capture of a fraction of a second of time in order to be able to draw any meaningful conclusion. Unless we can see the video and hear the audio, all of our interpretations are equally valid, and also equally invalid.

Sadly, there are people who would like to see the Cambridges' marriage fail.
I've come across them on other sites. They will seize on these stories eagerly, and pout when they don't come true.

(I think it is unlikely, since Kate has been with William for a decade and knows him very well.)

The photo is taken at about 1:57 of the ITN video of them leaving the church. It's definitely a fraction of a second, and in the fraction before, he's smiling at her, and in the fraction of a second afterwards, she faces forward, smiles and waves.

Tempest in a teapot, much like the endless speculation about the family photo.

The photo is taken at about 1:57 of the ITN video of them leaving the church. It's definitely a fraction of a second, and in the fraction before, he's smiling at her, and in the fraction of a second afterwards, she faces forward, smiles and waves.

Tempest in a teapot, much like the endless speculation about the family photo.

Yep. Totally a beat up. There's nothing about that video that indicates anything is amiss. Thanks for posting the video link, TLLK. :flowers:

I do, however, think the photo warranted discussion. The group of Kate and the children is a nice shot, and I'm not surprised it was cropped to print in the papers, because that group of three fitted nicely in the column space. William was positioned on the periphery and extended the outline in a way that wasn't pleasing, as though he didn't belong, and he wasn't looking at the camera, smiling. It wasn't good composition, in my opinion.

Yep. Totally a beat up. There's nothing about that video that indicates anything is amiss. Thanks for posting the video link, TLLK. :flowers:

I do, however, think the photo warranted discussion. The group of Kate and the children is a nice shot, and I'm not surprised it was cropped to print in the papers, because that group of three fitted nicely in the column space. William was positioned on the periphery and extended the outline in a way that wasn't pleasing, as though he didn't belong, and he wasn't looking at the camera, smiling. It wasn't good composition, in my opinion.
I think that what might have happened was that Kate held Charlotte and William had George on his side. But that George ended up running around a bit and when they got a nice shot of them all he happened to be on her side.

Let us not draw ourselves back into the discussion of the Cambridge family photo, it was an ordinary family photo and analysed at length before Christmas so it's time to move on.

Thank you for posting the video. Personally I don't see what people are discussing. Photographs are split seconds now a days.

It dsidn't surprise me the DM decided to use that photo to come up with a story. You can tell by the video that William and Catherine were talking about accepting flowers from the people gathered. Again, the media are looking for these kind of photos to come up with a story line about the state of their marriage. They've grown bored with the happy smiling pics, and now want something much more serious and juicy to write about. There's an audience for it.

I think the media realise they looked ridiculous saying for so long that everything was wonderful with Charles and Diana then suddenly it all broke down and the media were forced to report it due to the leaked tapes of both Charles and Diana etc. After so long saying all was perfect they looked bad suddenly now having to say it was all breaking down.
I think learning from this they now would rather throw in the odd negative 'all isn't okay' report so they can say they knew all along if it all goes wrong.

I think the media realise they looked ridiculous saying for so long that everything was wonderful with Charles and Diana then suddenly it all broke down and the media were forced to report it due to the leaked tapes of both Charles and Diana etc. After so long saying all was perfect they looked bad suddenly now having to say it was all breaking down. I think learning from this they now would rather throw in the odd negative 'all isn't okay' report so they can say they knew all along if it all goes wrong.

One thing they learned too from the Charles and Diana fiasco when it finally went public is just how much money they could make off of it and the race was on for the biggest "scoop" they could find. Its these tactics, I believe, that are goading writers to look for the negatives in just about anything and if they can't find any, they invent it.

tommy100 and Osipi, I agree. We all know no marriage is perfect, but it can't be easy for people to invent stories about the state of ones marriage. It's also unfair for anyone to launch comparisons to Charles and Diana's problems.

I just hope people respect the fact that the Cambridge's are a team, but they also have to carve out their individual roles too.

I just hope people respect the fact that the Cambridge's are a team, but they also have to carve out their individual roles too.

Both Will and Kate are doing just that. Appearing as an united team but also doing things on their own initiative and their own interests. Will is doing more and more "royal" things and supporting his own interests as is Kate.

Want to bet that as they do more and more things solo the rags start really insinuating that the Cambridges have marriage troubles because we don't see them together all that often? I'm willing to bet my very last, precious candy cane on that one. :ohmy:

Happy to post the video and I agree that some media outlets will do anything to concoct a story during a slow news week.:)

I think the media realise they looked ridiculous saying for so long that everything was wonderful with Charles and Diana then suddenly it all broke down and the media were forced to report it due to the leaked tapes of both Charles and Diana etc. After so long saying all was perfect they looked bad suddenly now having to say it was all breaking down. I think learning from this they now would rather throw in the odd negative 'all isn't okay' report so they can say they knew all along if it all goes wrong.

Some clarity: the media knew the Wales' marriage was 'on-the-rocks' way before the tapes. :flowers: One can read newspaper articles mentioning the fact that the Waleses were living separate lives in 1987. Watching interviews with Charles and Diana in 1985-86, the frostiness between the two, particularly Diana's openly dismissive attitude towards Charles (her husband), was cringeworthy. Just thought I'd correct the impression: the media was not taken unawares with Charles and Diana. It was the details that were unknown, and in fact, remain unknown pretty much to this day.

The difference between Charles and Diana and William and Catherine is night and day. :flowers: JMO.

Last edited:
Both Will and Kate are doing just that. Appearing as an united team but also doing things on their own initiative and their own interests. Will is doing more and more "royal" things and supporting his own interests as is Kate.

Want to bet that as they do more and more things solo the rags start really insinuating that the Cambridges have marriage troubles because we don't see them together all that often? I'm willing to bet my very last, precious candy cane on that one. :ohmy:

Right, and that's why I said I hope people will respect their process and not make it out to be about the state of their marriage. The media will eventually go into speculation.

My 'good as gold' children by Prince William

PRINCE William has revealed how becoming a father has made him more emotional and how his parents taught him the importance of showing Prince George and Princess Charlotte how those less privileged live.

He also told how his brother Prince Harry pops round to see him and Kate at Kensington Palace and “scrounges food off us and things like that”.
In a candid interview to mark 40 years of their father’s youth charity The Prince’s Trust, William and Harry spoke about their family lives and their relationship with Charles to presenters Ant and Dec, ambassadors for the Trust.

William, 33, said the births of his two children had given him a different perspective on life, and described two-year-old George and seven-month-old Charlotte as “good as gold, honestly”.

He said: “I’m a lot more emotional than I used to be. I never used to really kind of get too wound up or worried about things but now the smallest little things can get – I can feel – you well up a little bit more. “And you get affected by things that happen around the world or whatever a lot more I think as a father. Just because you realise how precious life is.”

He added: “I remember my mother and father taking us to charities and organisations and showing us, you know, what – what goes on. And I think it’s seeing – seeing such a broad spectrum of life, it’s really important from a young age, to give you a bit of perspective…you don’t just live in a palace, it’s very important you get out and you see what goes on in the real world.”

Harry said he enjoyed living next door to William and Kate at Kensington Palace. “I can always hear the wheels of those plastic tractors that George loves playing on,” he said.
Read more: My 'good as gold' children by Prince William | Royal | News | Daily Express

I recently saw Princess Madeleine being interviewed with her husband on and they revealed that they are now living in London. Their youngest child, Prince Nicolas, is about the same age as Princess Charlotte. I have to say that I hope that she and Kate reach out to each other if they haven't already. Would be lovely to see that they were friends- both are in a pretty unique situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom