The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Has anyone actually seen pictures of any member of the family Cambridge in Scotland?
Or is this is all just hearsay?

Is this story even believable? Has it been confirmed by BP or KP?

The Queen said, "It is not a record to which I have ever aspired." while she and her husband the Duke of Edinburgh performed their duties.

The Queen and nearly her entire family were engaged in royal duties today and yet some want to believe this story that the Queen chose to spend her 'special day" with William.

William has a job. Has he already taken a vacation after only a month on the job?

How long was this vacation? So far according to the reports, Tuesday, Wednesday....

If William arrived yesterday maybe the Queen's entire family had dinner yesterday.
It was announce on the BBC News that the Cambridge's had arrived in Scotland, but there are no pictures that I know of. They just had a simple private dinner, no big celebration at Balmoral.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-10-2015, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

1. BBC in not always accurate.
2. The family may have had dinner yesterday.
3. William arriving in Scotland is not the same as the Queen spending her 'special' day with William.
4. Unless if comes out of BP, CH or KP. It is just a rumor.
5. Does not make sense for William to go on vacation after only a month on the job? Makes more sense that he or he & Kate flew up for a quick get together with entire family. It might have been a last minute dinner quickly arranged by Charles.
6. Or no such dinner occurred.

If it was a private dinner how does anyone know who was and was not present?

Old 09-10-2015, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Has anyone actually seen pictures of any member of the family Cambridge in Scotland?

The Queen said, "It is not a record to which I have ever aspired." while she and her husband the Duke of Edinburgh performed their duties.

The Queen and nearly her entire family were engaged in royal duties today and yet some want to believe this story that the Queen chose to spend her 'special day" with William.

William has a job. Has he already taken a vacation after only a month on the job?

How long was this vacation? So far according to the reports, Tuesday, Wednesday....

If William arrived yesterday maybe the Queen's entire family had dinner yesterday.
No pictures but reported by BBC and several reputable sources.

I think the timing just coinsided with their yearly visit to scotland. The queen appearantly likes to host one family at the time so to be able to give them full focus, and earlier there was the Phillips and before that Wessex. Might be that the timing fitted to have the Cambridges there now.

Also, his job is a 4 day on 4 day off shift scheduel and they arrived on an afternoon/evening meaning he could easily have worked that day. So it is very possible that they fit it in on one of those 4days off periods :)
Old 09-10-2015, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness

What did the BBC actually report?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

If they stay through Sunday, there will be going to church pictures. That's basically the only time we see pictures at Balmoral on a constant basis. Most likely they took a private plane to Scotland from Norfolk since there wasn't any WKGC were on my flight tweets. When they went in 2013 with baby George, they borrowed the Duke of Westminster's plane to go to Scotland. That time they press managed to check plane photos at the airport.

Balmoral is private property so the paps can't be hiding out on the grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-10-2015, 01:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What did the BBC actually report?
They stood outside Balmoral and said that the Cambridges had arrived to Balmoral that afternoon/evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
If they stay through Sunday, there will be going to church pictures. That's basically the only time we see pictures at Balmoral on a constant basis. Most likely they took a private plane to Scotland from Norfolk since there wasn't any WKGC were on my flight tweets. When they went in 2013 with baby George, they borrowed the Duke of Westminster's plane to go to Scotland. That time they press managed to check plane photos at the airport.

Balmoral is private property so the paps can't be hiding out on the grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Exactly! One of the things the royal family have long loved about Balmoral is how it's a really big, private area and they can roam around in nature without people taking photos.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

They most likely are at Balmoral. Charles was away and busy and so was Camilla.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-10-2015, 01:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They most likely are at Balmoral. Charles was away and busy and so was Camilla.
Yeah, and Sophie was away in the evening as well and some others had engagements so the dinner speculation was probably false. Or not false, since the Queen probably had dinner with her guests that were at Balmoral, but false as in "pumped up" to be a dinner with invited extra people.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Her quote "It is not a record to which I have ever aspired" does not mean that the occasion is not celebrated. For someone so tuned in to tradition and the royal way of doing things for her to not recognize the occasion would be strange. It would also be too arrogant for her to acknowledge that she was chasing a record. It is a momentous day and I am sure it is one of her special days too and is celebrated in private with family and special friends.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the report that Will and Kate were to head to Scotland with the children came out quite a while ago and from my perspective, it was just an ordinary trip to go visit Granny for a little bit. Of course they all had dinner. Its usually something that all people do once a day.

Maybe, just maybe, when no one was looking, HM sat in the chair that belonged to Queen Victoria and has been noted as such and nobody ever sat in it at Balmoral. For me, she marked the day with the best possible way of doing so. Being Queen and doing Queen things to perfection as she always has done.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-10-2015, 04:52 AM
Courtier

The BBC are considered a reputable source by many the world over. Their Royal Correspondent made a comment about The Cambridge's arrival live outside the gates of Balmoral. I believe one of the pipers outside Osborne House made an interesting point yesterday, H.M had wanted no fuss and another correspondent, that the day was also indirectly linked to the commeration of the death of her relatives.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Well just because Camilla wasn't in Scotland doesn't mean the Queen didn't invite William and Catherine.

It has been reported for weeks the Cambridges would be spending the 9th with HM and the Duke of Edinburgh

Not just the tabloids either. The Telegraph ran the story and then on Tuesday the BBC confirmed the Cambridges arrived at Balmoral.

Quote:

Too funny. Why do you think the Queen wouldn't want to spend the day with W&K and Prince George and Princess Charlotte?

They are at Balmoral. I know you don't like them but William and his children are her blood family. Three of her direct heirs.

Camilla's only tie to the family is her marriage to Charles.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:02 AM
Royal Highness

William began his job on July 13th.

If he has 4 days off and 4 days on then William was scheduled to work on the 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th.

These stories had him in Scotland before the Braemar games
Which makes sense since his days off would have been the 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th.

Unless he took a week vacation after only working 8 weeks.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

The BBC said the Cambridges arrived at Balmoral on Tuesday. Not before the Braemar games.

You'll just have to accept the Queen loves William and his family.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Majesty

I think for the most part, the media and the public has put too much emphasis on the Cambridges being at Balmoral at the same time as the September 9th milestone. If I were to do some real sleuthing, I bet my last bowl of macaroni and cheese that during the Queen's annual hiatus in Scotland, most all of the royal family makes their way up there for quality family time and this year is no exception. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this year George gets introduced into the fine art of fishing on the River Dee with great Grandpa or taking the corgis for a walk with Granny and all the things that families do together.

With the Queen herself expressing that she didn't want a big fuss made over this milestone and that she preferred to honor it by business as usual, her time in Scotland is her own for the most part and what better way to enjoy it than with family. With the BRF's hectic diary of duties and engagments, the summers at Balmoral and the holiday breaks at Sandringham is perhaps the only time they really find to just be a family privately and its a precious commodity for them.

Quote:
William began his job on July 13th.

If he has 4 days off and 4 days on then William was scheduled to work on the 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th.

These stories had him in Scotland before the Braemar games
Which makes sense since his days off would have been the 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th.

Unless he took a week vacation after only working 8 weeks.
That may not be the case though with EAAA. From experience of a husband that worked in medical transport, his schedule was drawn up in advance for an entire month and the coordinator making up the schedules took into consideration the days a staff member may request to have off (wedding, vacation, doctor's appointments and hockey playoff games) and work around them. For example, as we don't celebrate Christmas, hubby would notate that he would be available for those days and staff members that do celebrate had a better chance of being with family. We have no clue actually what Will's actual schedule at EAAA is or how it is drawn up.

I do seriously think that we're seeing the Cambridges in Scotland for just a few days and it was penciled in Will's schedule quite a bit in advance.

Its all good!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-10-2015, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think for the most part, the media and the public has put too much emphasis on the Cambridges being at Balmoral at the same time as the September 9th milestone.
And I think some people purposely try to downplay it because it doesn't fit their particular narrative of the Cambridges.

If people want to say its coincidence that W&K just happened to be at Balmoral on the 9th that's fine.

Its been reported though that the Queen specifically invited them to begin their vacation at that time. Either way William and Catherine, George and Charlotte are at Balmoral and enjoying time with the Queen.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
And I think some people purposely try to downplay it because it doesn't fit their particular narrative of the Cambridges.

If people want to say its coincidence that W&K just happened to be at Balmoral on the 9th that's fine.

Its been reported though that the Queen specifically invited them to begin their vacation at that time. Either way William and Catherine, George and Charlotte are at Balmoral and enjoying time with the Queen.
That, I think, is the most important part. Also, I also believe that nothing the BRF does is by coincidence. These people are masters of planning things.
― John Lennon
Old 09-10-2015, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting conversations on Richard Palmer's Twitter page.

Richard Talking about Kensington Palace Press office.

'Everything that the Kensington Palace Press Office does at the moment seems either calculated to offend the Press or just incompetent.'

'And the point I'm making is that the Cambridges risk the story changing from positive to negative.'

'Yes, and it's the actions of the Cambridges and their press office that I think risks changing their narrative'.

'I think they believe they don't need the Press. Will's the most popular royal for now so maybe not now.'

'I'm not sure about their policy but they've lost most of the reporters, photographers and news editors.'

Chat about how Andrew was once the Golden Boy war hero and how Charles was once perceived as pampered.

Palmer talking about the Cambridges.

'In the absence of a new love story for Harry I believe the narrative about the Cambridges might change eventually.'

'At the moment editors still believe Kate sells copies but I think journalists believe the public wants a new story.'

'I think the Cambridges are popular but believe the UK public (as opposed to royal fans) is getting a bit bored of the storyline.'

'I think the media is looking for a new storyline in the royal soap opera and the Cambridges risk eventually becoming baddies.'

'All I can tell you is that I have not heard a journalist have a good word to say about the Cambridges for some time.'

'Rightly or wrongly editors believe she (Kate) sells papers, but there is little respect for the Cambridges right now.'

'Yes, I'm serious about the narrative changing, the way they are going.'

'I bought their story about wanting to live a normal life early on and it is still soon after the birth of their second child but...it is starting to smack now of wanting to have their cake and eat it, I think'
Old 09-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Richard Palmer has been on a weird sour grapes kick for a long time now. This almost reads like a veiled threat- give us more access or we'll start writing nasty things about you.

I no longer believe he should be working the royal beat.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Richard Palmer has been on a weird sour grapes kick for a long time now. This almost reads like a veiled threat- give us more access or we'll start writing nasty things about you.

I no longer believe he should be working the royal beat.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I agree a bit.. But I think he has a point as well. The KP press office seem to have annoyed many of the media people (that are not as outspoken as richard but favourite and comment his posts and seem to agree with him). I mean... they are shooting themself in the foot by annoying the media. I thought things might change when they changed their PR person and some things were done better (the birth etc) but others as bad... It's so annoying! PR is a hard buissness but some mistakes they make seem like such rookie mistakes!