The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2015, 06:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Said on twitter she was spotted on the train going to wedding but didn't show. Who knows but there seems to be lots of talk about this

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
. Wow the plot deepens. How do we sleep at night ?

Old 08-22-2015, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

I looked on Twitter for the train sightings. I found two on 2 different days. Both were WK on train or just got off my train. The 2 I found didn't say where the trains where going.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Why is Kate Middleton becoming the invisible Princess? | Daily Mail Online

I believe this wouldn't be such an issue if she didn't have a "work shy" history to her past.That really will always bite her in the butt! Had she worked, no-one (I hope) would resent any time off now she is a mum. Even with all the domestic help she has.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post

I believe this wouldn't be such an issue if she didn't have a "work shy" history to her past.That really will always bite her in the butt! Had she worked, no-one (I hope) would resent any time off now she is a mum. Even with all the domestic help she has.
Basically, I think this is a tactic that the press (especially Kay) is using to goad a reaction from Kate. Kay would really like to start things up again as they were in the Diana days when everything became known to the press.

I think Kate is intelligent enough to realize just what these fools are up to and if she did have the Daily Mail around the house, it would be as a cage liner for the children's pet bird or for Lupo to wipe his feet on coming in from outside.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, no one wants another Diana; at least no one wants another of the Diana that comes with all the baggage that swirled around her.

It's all so very silly. As many stay at home Moms will tell you, some people want to treat them like they are invisible while they are not. They are very present in the raising of their children. Kate's not gone agoraphobic, she's just raising her small children. And working behind the scenes on her charities and staying fit. Because that's who she is. Frankly, that's how she's always seemed to me. Why are people surprised?
Old 08-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Seriously? I do not believe that is become all the mess because Kate did not accompany her husband in a marriage.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:

is al. I have to say. Other words come to mind too, but I'm tired of having my posts removed for speaking my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Basically, I think this is a tactic that the press (especially Kay) is using to goad a reaction from Kate. Kay would really like to start things up again as they were in the Diana days when everything became known to the press.

I think Kate is intelligent enough to realize just what these fools are up to and if she did have the Daily Mail around the house, it would be as a cage liner for the children's pet bird or for Lupo to wipe his feet on coming in from outside.
I think you're right; in the eyes of this particular reporter, drama, specially the kind that gets splattered all,over the news is the best thing since sliced bread. Thankfully, the Cambridges are smart enough to not air their entire lives in front of the press, that will only take and spin things out of proportions. I like your idea of DM lining a pet cage in the Cambridge household. The only thing it's good for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well, no one wants another Diana; at least no one wants another of the Diana that comes with all the baggage that swirled around her.

It's all so very silly. As many stay at home Moms will tell you, some people want to treat them like they are invisible while they are not. They are very present in the raising of their children. Kate's not gone agoraphobic, she's just raising her small children. And working behind the scenes on her charities and staying fit. Because that's who she is. Frankly, that's how she's always seemed to me. Why are people surprised?
Catherine is doing what is right for her, and her family, and the constant harping on her for choosing to raise her children instead of being in the face of the press day in, and day out is getting old. There's no need to have a repeat performance of the Diana-mania. Once was more than enough. Like you, I believe a lot is done behind closed doors, but since no one sees it, it is assumed that she's lazy, and wants to be invisible. Ridiculous, and like I said, it's getting old.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good for the Duchess to not have fallen into the trap of having staff raise her children while she is off doing other stuff. I am sure part of the reasong Prince William is back to work flying and them living away from London is part of the couples plan for their family. They are raising the future heir and spare once William ascends the throne. William knows firsthand what it is like and I am sure life in the spotlight is much more severe today. Raising two toddlers is hard work. And raising the two children to be ready for the life in the public eye as they are I applaud them for not assigning that job to staff. There will be plenty of time for the Duchess to attend wedding and other social events. Stay home for as long as you can...these first years will never come back.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Richard Kay is truly a bi***y man. I was not even able to read that complete article. Some of the things he writes are clearly fictional as there is no way he could even know some of what he reports. I agree that he is attempting to get some kind of response from Catherine or William. He has had his knickers in a twist since he lost his source, the late Princess of Wales. It is truly insidious how he attempts to stir turmoil among people. With one hand he compliments and shows sympathy and with the other he uses an enormous hat pin/stiletto to stick it to them. A really disgusting man.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:14 PM
Courtier

Is it me or does anyone remember the alleged photograph depicting Diana, Princess of Wales getting out of a car after meeting with Richard Kay in a car?
Old 08-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Is it me or does anyone remember the alleged photograph depicting Diana, Princess of Wales getting out of a car after meeting with Richard Kay in a car?
That rings familiar to me. From all that I've read over the years, Kay and Diana were in contact with each other quite a bit. If Diana needed something in the press, she'd call Kay and it'd be done. This was all part and parcel of her manipulating the press during the bad times.

I'm sure that William is quite familiar with that and first hand saw how the press played a huge role in his family's matters. The tactics that Kay and some other journalists are using to goad Will and Kate into a reaction most likely will bite them in the butt as all it will accomplish is the Cambridges retreating further and further away from the press except for when they're out doing official engagements.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-22-2015, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That rings familiar to me. From all that I've read over the years, Kay and Diana were in contact with each other quite a bit. If Diana needed something in the press, she'd call Kay and it'd be done. This was all part and parcel of her manipulating the press during the bad times.

I'm sure that William is quite familiar with that and first hand saw how the press played a huge role in his family's matters. The tactics that Kay and some other journalists are using to goad Will and Kate into a reaction most likely will bite them in the butt as all it will accomplish is the Cambridges retreating further and further away from the press except for when they're out doing official engagements.
I believe after Diana's death Kay also wrote an article about PC walking across the Balmoral estate wondering where it all went wrong and questions were asked, how could Kay know this happened and I believe it was Penny Juror who alleged Kay was breifed by a Palace insider.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I believe after Diana's death Kay also wrote an article about PC walking across the Balmoral estate wondering where it all went wrong and questions were asked, how could Kay know this happened and I believe it was Penny Juror who alleged Kay was breifed by a Palace insider.
I don't think any of that is really true and to be honest, its water long gone under the bridge. IIRC, Charles wasted no time in flying to Paris. We do know that Charles was devastated and did all he could for his ex-wife and that's what matters most.

Although its a bit off topic discussing what was way back when, it does shed light on a lot of reasons William and Kate have to distrust and dislike the press. They know they do need the press as they increase their royal profile over the years but yet remain very guarded at how much they let the press into their private lives. They are setting boundaries and the line in the sand now rather than later and I think its something that the press will just have to accept and abide by.
― John Lennon
Old 08-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Courtier

I hear you Osipi, I think I phrased myself badly. Richard Kay has history with DOC's parents and I don't blame either The Duke or Duchess for not wanting to play with fire by getting to close to the media. I know that The Duchess worked with Tom Bradbury's wife and that The Duke is on friendly terms with Tom Bradbury, hence his allegedly getting the plumb job of the engagement interview and their both being invited to the Royal Wedding. Then again allegedly Penny Juror's son was in PH's class at Eton and that did not stop her writing a book on PH recently. Lets hope Lupo doesn't learn to write.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

William and Catherine would be wise to favor only certain journalists. I'm sure that would only energize the others but they do need to cultivate responsible ones.

FWIW Penny J's journalistic prowess is hardly better than Richard Kay or Sebastian Shakespeare, IMO.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
William and Catherine would be wise to favor only certain journalists. I'm sure that would only energize the others but they do need to cultivate responsible ones.

FWIW Penny J's journalistic prowess is hardly better than Richard Kay or Sebastian Shakespeare, IMO.
I don't think it would. They had a few photographers at the Christening that gave all the pictures to the Press Accossiation. But there have been ALOOOOT of grumblings from the media about the access to the christening.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I believe this wouldn't be such an issue if she didn't have a "work shy" history to her past.That really will always bite her in the butt! Had she worked, no-one (I hope) would resent any time off now she is a mum.

But if she'd worked full-time, when would she ever have seen William?

That's how it is with royal GFs, they have to work around his schedule.
Mostly they have jobs where their employers are very understanding (as they were when Kate worked for Jigsaw).

It was the same with Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Chelsy, etc.
The royals have tight schedules and so something's got to give!
Old 08-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post

Doing a little sleuthing, I can honestly say that there is one royal journalist/photographer that the Cambridges know and like and his name is Arthur Edwards. It was either with George or Charlotte but I seem to remember Kate mouthing "Oh look. There's Arthur!" and waving.

He's a well respected man by many of the royal family and is quite a veteran of covering them

Looking through a royal lens with Arthur Edwards
― John Lennon
Old 08-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Doing a little sleuthing, I can honestly say that there is one royal journalist/photographer that the Cambridges know and like and his name is Arthur Edwards. It was either with George or Charlotte but I seem to remember Kate mouthing "Oh look. There's Arthur!" and waving.

He's a well respected man by many of the royal family and is quite a veteran of covering them

Looking through a royal lens with Arthur Edwards
I agree. It was William pointing out Arthur to Kate after Charlottes birth. And a sweet moment on the Canada tour when Kate was behind Arthur and tapped him on the back and said "Arthur, Arthur!" with a big smile! I think he is very appriciated
Old 08-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But if she'd worked full-time, when would she ever have seen William?

That's how it is with royal GFs, they have to work around his schedule.
Mostly they have jobs where their employers are very understanding (as they were when Kate worked for Jigsaw).

It was the same with Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Chelsy, etc.
The royals have tight schedules and so something's got to give!
I think for Kate, a full-time job would have been a bit difficult not just because of scheduling, but also because of a potential conflict of interest and/or lack of privacy where she did work. Those things ended up being a big problem for Sophie (the other long-term royal girlfriend who married into the family). Sophie was older and already had an established career in PR, but once she started seeing Edward, she readjusted her work schedule so that she could have more flexibility, and she also changed jobs so that she was in a position where she was in less contact with the media. She eventually set up her own company, but of course that ended up being a big media scandal involving conflict of interest.

I think the view of Kate as being "work shy" prior to her marriages does end up making things more difficult for her now, in terms of perception. I've also always thought the view that of her as workshy was a bit unfair, because she was in an unusual position and, I think, was trying to avoid creating any problems.