General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Richard used to produce an article on the royals on a regular bases, and it wasn't trashy, unworthy articles either. Lately, I haven't seen those articles posted.

Based on output and some comments he has made about the business, I think he may be struggling with job security right now and is misdirecting feelings about that.

If that is the case, I feel for him and hope he finds a gig with more potential, but it's so unprofessional to basically threaten bad coverage if a subject doesn't behave how journalists want them to.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Based on output and some comments he has made about the business, I think he may be struggling with job security right now and is misdirecting feelings about that.

If that is the case, I feel for him and hope he finds a gig with more potential, but it's so unprofessional to basically threaten bad coverage it a subject doesn't behave how journalists want them to.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The relationships between the British royals, palace and press haven't been easy, but it's relationship that must coexist. The Cambridge's, Kensington Palace officials and the press are trying to figure things out, but it's a tricky road. There are bound to be some bumps along the way!

I hope Richard Palmer don't leave his job as a Royal Reporter, he's the main royal source that many royal watchers (including myself) look to for some real, authentic answers.

Last edited:
Giving the rise of social media and the press especially print media struggle to survive. I don't think the relationship is a must in this day and age.

There is nothing real or authentic about Richard imo.

The thing is, if the press don't even get photos or do not ge the info about an engagement beforehand, what are they going to write? It seems that the approach of KP has changed since the issueof the complaint letter...

Well if we are going to quote Palmer chapter and verse we need to look at everything. At Ascot when Harry tried to prevent photographs from being taken Palmer said Harry is no different from William. So if posters think everything Palmer says is the gospel well Harry is no different from William.

That always gets lost in the conversation. Harry loathes the press as much as any royal.

This tweet about William's engagement was sent out by KP press office, not by William himself. Do we think Harry sends his own tweets?

When Twitter was set up KP announced that it tweets as a Household and not as individuals.

In the end it was a IT issue and that's why the press weren't notified first. Simple explanation. Palmer should be embarrassed for his rant.

Palmer's desire to try and personalise this just shows how unprofessional he is. He is fixated with W&K.

Social media is the way of the future. Twitter users in the UK outnumber national daily newspaper subscribers by a wide margin.

To see just how dismal it is have a look.

National daily newspaper sales fall by half a million in a year | Media | The Guardian

Last edited:
They do get notice beforehand, the event that Richard is whining about hasn't even happen yet. He got plenty of time to prepare for it.

Giving the rise of social media and the press especially print media struggle to survive. I don't think the relationship is a must in this day and age.

There is nothing real or authentic about Richard imo.

Despite the new technology, the royals, palace and press still have to coexist.

Richard Palmer is a very good royal reporter. There's barely a good handful of them that's authentic, and Richard is one of them, IMO.

I follow most royal reporters on Twitter and frankly I rarely learn anything from them. As a group they know little about royalty or monarchy. Articles are full of errors, titles are incorrect etc.

The best source of information is royalty related websites and blogs such as TRF. People on here are far more knowledgable about royalty than any reporter.

Last edited:
And do not forget that reporters working for some magazines which have to sell what we expect?

And for the life of me I can't figure out why a press release needs to be sent to Palmer so he can tweet it out and 5 mins later the palace tweets out the exact same information.

Nice when your Godmother is married to the Duke of Westminster and you can enjoy these types of loans.

They used the Duke of Westminster's jet before when George was a baby to go to Scotland and for their honeymoon. The Duchess of Westminster is William's godmother and Duke and Duchess's son Hugh is George's godfather. Hugh's godfather is Prince Charles. So the two families are close.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What Would Kate Do @WWKD_Official
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended church services at Crathie Kirk this morning.

The Duchess of Cambridge looked radiant as she joined her husband for morning prayers at Crathie Kirk church in Scotland on Sunday.

The royal couple, who welcomed their second child, Princess Charlotte, in May, drove from Balmoral Castle to the church in a convoy of cars.

Kate, 33, who will see a return to royal duties over the coming weeks - including an appearance at the opening ceremony of the Rugby World Cup - debuted a flattering new hairstyle for the occasion.
Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge debuts chic new hairstyle as she joins Prince William for morning prayers in Scotland ahead of her return to royal duties | Daily Mail Online

It is great to see Catherine again! That was a nice surprise.
I'm not so sure if I like her new hair though, I think it makes her look older than she actually is. Her old hair was more youthful.

:previous: Quite the reverse for me. Her new hair seems more current imo. :flowers: Makes her look feel less 'heavy'. Great new look.

I agree with the HereditaryPrincess. I think her new hair look make her more older. But i want to see her again this week to decide.

From what I see, I'm not liking the new hairstyle, but I will wait for better pictures to make my final decision. It's great to see the couple attending church with the rest of the family.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Rare public outing? The media kills me.

LaRae

I don't think the hair is that new....looks like the sides are pulled back and she has a long bang....she's done variations of that before.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the hair is that new....looks like the sides are pulled back and she has a long bang....she's done variations of that before.LaRae
Yes - once a year she cuts in longish bangs. They will grow out and we won't see them again until next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet she looks totally different come Thursday's engagement after going to the hairdresser in London.

I'm not a fan of the bangs, but like others have mentioned, it will probably be styled differently on Thursday.

Yes, I agree the media (especially the British media) builds up its idols and then tears them down again. It happened to both of William's parents. That's why I would like to see the Cambridges become as small a target for criticism as possible from now on by filling that engagement book as much as possible.

I can agree with that. The media wants stories/photos of the Cambridges and right now they're not getting any. Kate sells...look at how quickly the media scrambled to get these new photos of her up on their sites. Having more engagements won't completely stop the criticism (they'll eventually find something else to complain about), but it might help curb some of it.

Last edited:
There are engagements at the end of this week and from what has been mentioned in the press even more engagements in October and November and the beginning of December is always busy too.

August and January have always been super slow months for Royal activities.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge found themselves flying by private jet to Scotland last week, thanks to one of Britain’s richest men.

The Duke of Westminster Gerald Grosvenor kindly loaned the couple his £8million Cessna to make the journey from Sandringham to the Highlands with Prince George, two, and four-month-old Princess Charlotte-

Duchess of Cambridge takes £8m jet to Scotland in honour of the Queen | Royal | News | Daily Express

Nice. What are friends for right? Lol

I'm not a fan of the bangs, but like others have mentioned, it will probably be styled differently on Thursday.

I can agree with that. The media wants stories/photos of the Cambridges and right now they're not getting any. Kate sells...look at how quickly the media scrambled to get these new photos of her up on their sites. Having more engagements won't completely stop the criticism (they'll eventually find something else to complain about), but it might help curb some of it.
:previous: I agree Soapstar. Even a schedule of royal engagements penciled in for five days a weeks would probably not stop the press from complaining about something. The press are in the business to sell a product first and foremost.

William and Kate must begin to appear more and lead fulfilled official agenda, because it is the time comes to assume more responsibility. In a few years will be Princes of Wales ....

That's up to the Queen to determine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom