The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah, she probably had something she had to do at the last minute, or maybe it was Pippa with him and she was mistaken for Catherine. These people attend too many weddings, IMO. After a while, you just ask for somebody to bring some cake home.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Why does it matter why Kate skipped the wedding at the last moment? Maybe one of the kids got sick or Kate got sick? I'm sure William gave his apologies to the couple.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
. Dearest Skippyboo, I think this is important because a few days ago if was being reported, if memory serves me right, by the same paper that The DOC had attended the wedding. It shows potentially factually inaccurate information. One is either at a wedding or one is not. The second point in my humble opinion is that this appears to be the latest in a series of reports on what is going on between the Cambridge's relationship wise and sadly reminiscent of the intial rumours regarding PW's parents marriage. It is in my mind a tad unpleasant, that is me. Now please, stop being interesting as I have to read a work related journal. :)

Old 08-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Why does it matter why Kate skipped the wedding at the last moment? Maybe one of the kids got sick or Kate got sick? I'm sure William gave his apologies to the couple.

Frankly there is ZERO evidence that there was a cancellation by Catherine, let alone @ the last minute, or that she ever RSVP'd as attending in the first place. Did the couple or their wedding planner say so, I think not. No, the claim appears to be based on someone who allegedly saw a seating chart w/ Catherine's name on it, really? Is it the same someone who earlier reported she did attend the wedding?
Hogwash, IMO.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
. Dearest Skippyboo, I think this is important because a few days ago if was being reported, if memory serves me right, by the same paper that The DOC had attended the wedding. It shows potentially factually inaccurate information. One is either at a wedding or one is not. The second point in my humble opinion is that this appears to be the latest in a series of reports on what is going on between the Cambridge's relationship wise and sadly reminiscent of the intial rumours regarding PW's parents marriage. It is in my mind a tad unpleasant, that is me. Now please, stop being interesting as I have to read a work related journal. :)
If the same paper had contradictory reports (no surprise, it's the Daily Mail), then it sounds like they don't really know what they're talking about (again, no surprise, it's the Daily Mail). Would the Daily Mail like it to sound sinister? Of course - that makes for a better story. Personally, I find nothing unusual in the fact that the mother of a toddler and an infant missing a social occasion. Also, as the article mentions, she's been known to miss such events before. Some people don't have the energy for these kinds of thing. When I was growing up, I used to be confused about the fact that my mom frequently would end up deciding at the last minute not to accompany my stepdad to some kind of social function or another. I just didn't understand why she just wouldn't go to things, but then I grew up and became the same way! I often find being around a lot of people very draining, and if I'm tired or sick to begin with - forget it! I don't know if Kate's the same way or not, but there are all kinds of very dull reasons why someone might not attend a wedding.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The weddings the DM moans about TVS and James Meade. TVS - Kate is 8 months pregnant with George, wedding in Northumberland not London, James Meade- 1 1/2 months post George, who didn't a full time Nanny until March 2014. Super Cranky baby until weaned. Guy Pelly-Wedding in Memphis, 10 plus hour flight just got back to UK from Australia.

In the past two years, Kate has had 2 pregnancies, both with HG , a cranky baby and now a 3 month old and a energizer bunny toddler. I would just want to just stay in my baby puke stain sweats and stay on the couch instead of traveling across the country to a wedding.

If it was a last minute cancellation, then it was a probable good reason that it's between WK and the couple. There could have be issues with a child, Nanny Maria or Kate herself.

When C&D fell apart it was obvious from their body language, W&K's body language is the complete opposite of C&D.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm just waiting for the DM to come up with a trailer to a big exclusive over the weekend.

Kate skips the one best social event of the season to stay home and safeguard her children from lurkers while battling nausea from her third pregnancy that hints of twins.

Yeps.. that sounds about right for the Daily Fail. Called a 1-2-3 punch.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The weddings the DM moans about TVS and James Meade. TVS - Kate is 8 months pregnant with George, wedding in Northumberland not London, James Meade- 1 1/2 months post George, who didn't a full time Nanny until March 2014. Super Cranky baby until weaned. Guy Pelly-Wedding in Memphis, 10 plus hour flight just got back to UK from Australia.

In the past two years, Kate has had 2 pregnancies, both with HG , a cranky baby and now a 3 month old and a energizer bunny toddler. I would just want to just stay in my baby puke stain sweats and stay on the couch instead of traveling across the country to a wedding.

If it was a last minute cancellation, then it was a probable good reason that it's between WK and the couple. There could have be issues with a child, Nanny Maria or Kate herself.

When C&D fell apart it was obvious from their body language, W&K's body language is the complete opposite of C&D.

Thanks for including the context of the other weddings - these things do matter (unless you're a writer who needs to spin a story a certain way). I was also thinking the same thing about body language - William and Kate, I think, seem to have a natural ease and affection with one another that would be hard to fake. Charles and Diana had a few years of "we're just doing this for appearances," followed by "forget it, I can't be bothered." IMO, body language speaks volumes - at the very least, I think it's a better indicator of things than what the tabloids cook up.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm just waiting for the DM to come up with a trailer to a big exclusive over the weekend.

Kate skips the one best social event of the season to stay home and safeguard her children from lurkers while battling nausea from her third pregnancy that hints of twins.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Catherine attends a few weddings here and there, but mostly it's William that attends in representing the couple. I think it's down to the case that Catherine stayed home.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Courtier

The wedding mystery...yawn

Will all of you lovely people stop talking sense. There is a reason its nick named The Daily Fail. Given the comments the DOC gets on some boards and the fails comments sections, I would not want to go outside and attend any event and I don't have children. I know it is wrong to speculate but perhaps after two difficult pregnancies and potential ongoing nursing the woman is tired? You know HG can apparently make one anemic which can lead to tiredness.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I'm thinking the one, big social event of her season will be the China State visit state dinner. It may be a lot less fun but...
Old 08-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Will all of you lovely people stop talking sense. There is a reason its nick named The Daily Fail. Given the comments the DOC gets on some boards and the fails comments sections, I would not want to go outside and attend any event and I don't have children. I know it is wrong to speculate but perhaps after two difficult pregnancies and potential ongoing nursing the woman is tired? You know HG can apparently make one anemic which can lead to tiredness.
And perhaps an even simpler explanation that totally makes sense to any woman that has breastfed. It is just too uncomfortable to be away for a longer period of time without being near the child and can potentially ruin a very beautiful outfit.

To be honest, we have no real clue into the wherefores and whys of this issue and to be honest, Kate doesn't owe us one.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Gentry

^ I think your last sentence is a perfect summation of the whole thing. It is a private matter and not something that concerns anyone other than Kate and Will.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Majesty

But this is the DMO where nothing is sacrosanct. If they can't find the "news" they invent it!
Old 08-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Majesty

how strange that kate didn't make it, it was obviously some sort of last minute event as apparently her name was still at the main table:

Quote:
‘The names William and Catherine Wales were written on the plan, which appeared on an antique-looking mirror,’ a source claims.
‘They were due to sit at the top table. Kate had been expected to attend.’

Read more: Kate Middleton misses wedding at last-minute but Prince William and Pippa attend | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And perhaps an even simpler explanation that totally makes sense to any woman that has breastfed. It is just too uncomfortable to be away for a longer period of time without being near the child and can potentially ruin a very beautiful outfit.

To be honest, we have no real clue into the wherefores and whys of this issue and to be honest, Kate doesn't owe us one.

I have a daughter currently b'feeding ...and her husband is military, he has various social events that he's required to attend. Normally she goes to all of them too however some of them don't allow children so she doesn't go.

I think this is probably along the lines of what Kate is dealing with as well.

LaRae
Old 08-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
how strange that kate didn't make it, it was obviously some sort of last minute event as apparently her name was still at the main table:
As has been mentioned, she has two very small children. That can present all kinds of short-notice "problems" that might prevent someone from being able to get dressed up and go to a wedding. Heck, even without small children - sometimes people are just feeling under the weather and aren't able to make it somewhere. It's a private occasion, though, so there's no real reason we would know or need to know.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

As I learned from Richard Palmer's Daily Express article, there is a toxic killer tree at Amner Hall, maybe Kate had to deal with that 😉

Does anyone find it strange that they were listed as William and Catherine Wales? Why not use the correct HRH Duke & Duchess of Cambridge or just William & Catherine? These unnamed observers.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:35 AM
Aristocracy

IMO, there's a fairly simple explanation for the breathtaking about face of the DM

1) Charlotte Griffiths got wind from someone related to the wedding who was selling a scoop that the D&D would be there.
2) She wrote and filed the story before the event actually took place, which is why it's factually wrong about Kate's presence.
3) It was published on Saturday night
4) Someone else scooped Sebastian Shakespeare the next day, who copied and pasted Charlotte's article and changed the first few paragraphs (keeping the errors in fact about Kate's previous wedding attendance) and published on Sunday night.

Of course, the DM is shockingly brazen to keep CG's original article still up.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Tired mum Kate Middleton needs you by her side, William, writes SARAH VINE | Daily Mail Online

It doesn’t matter how many nannies, night nurses and mopper-uppers you employ, it’s exhausting in ways that only other mothers can understand.

Seriously?!