The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
The good old Daily Fail, one again stirring the pot. All those nice implications about Catherine being the cause of William's non attendance at some events. In some cases he may just have grown up and not wanted to indulge in a weekend of "wild living".
Princess of Durham, please dear heart are you saying The Daily Fail is not one hundred per cent accurate, one hundred per cent of the time? Its all a tad reminiscent of PW's parents, isn't it?

Old 08-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

The same daily mail who had to issue to retraction to Carole Middleton for saying she moved in Amner which caused marital issues with Mike.

As William said in his engagement interview- Don't alway believe what you read .

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The same daily mail who had to issue to retraction to Carole Middleton for saying she moved in Amner which caused marital issues with Mike.

As William said in his engagement interview- Don't alway believe what you read .

. Skippyboo, say it ain't true! :)
Old 08-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

According to RE Kate didn't attend

Quote:
They could hardly have felt more at home. For when, yesterday afternoon, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the most discreetly arranged of high society weddings in the beautiful village of Thurlestone in Devon, the guest list included many of their closest circle.

Pippa Middleton, Kate’s sister, was there to see upmarket estate agent and amateur boxer Bear Maclaine marry pretty socialite Daisy Dickson, and so was TV presenter Natalie Pinkham. Indeed the guest list included many of the friends who gathered for William and Kate’s own marriage at Westminster Abbey four years ago.

Yet The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the presence of the Cambridges in Devon was a cause of genuine surprise to many.

Indeed, some believe it was a near miracle that they appeared at all.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend wedding together surprising friends | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Rebecca English should have told her DM colleague who wrote the story. Twitter has WK on a train but it doesn't say what train or where they got off.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Courtier

Fantastic, now we have a mystery, where they there, weren't they there and a train thrown in! Any haunted houses? Any pesky kids to solve the mystery? But above all where is Lupo? Forgive me but journalistic standards appear to be falling apart. I will go back to my sick bed now.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Daily Fails also doesn't mention at least three weddings that Kate went to without William- Kelaart/Heathcoate-Amory was when Mike gave the bride away, Middletons there no William, June 2011 Sam & Bella Whaley Cohen - same day as Trooping Colour Kate & Pippa went no Wills, May 2014 First Cousins Adam Middleton's wedding - No William, Middletons were there.

The summer of 2013 is when she misses most of the weddings the DM complains about. There was a certain chubby cheek prince born then who was a super cranky baby for the first 5 months and didn't get a full time nanny until March 2014. I wonder if the two things are linked��

In November 2011, she also attended her Uncle Simon Middleton's wedding - no William. That wedding flew completely under the radar, not surprising as there was only about 40 guests. The Fail never reported on it.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Aug 16
I'd take suggestions that Kate was at yesterday's wedding in Devon with a pinch of salt. She wasn't. Prince William went, though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Majesty

Wasn't something similar done in Sweden? I remember Estelle and her parents opening something like that. It would be sweet to see Charlotte and George doing an event like that in the future.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Wasn't something similar done in Sweden? I remember Estelle and her parents opening something like that. It would be sweet to see Charlotte and George doing an event like that in the future.
I remember reading something about that and seeing pictures of Estelle walking through it. I believe it was perhaps fairy tale based as there was a photograph of Estelle kissing a frog.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Courtier

Butter sculptures? Who knew such a thing exsisted. Yep I have seen the fairytale park in honour of P Estelle and her walking through it, photographs.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I remember reading something about that and seeing pictures of Estelle walking through it. I believe it was perhaps fairy tale based as there was a photograph of Estelle kissing a frog.
Thank you! That's what I was thinking of.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

The fairy tale Estelle thing was an official gift from a county. It's a forest trail with fairy tale theme. So it's quite different than the town doing princess-PR :P But I understand what you're saying.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

It was Estelle's Christening Gift from her Duchy IIRC and I still think was such a lovely idea.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton misses wedding at last-minute but Prince William and Pippa attend | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-18-2015, 02:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Aug 16
I'd take suggestions that Kate was at yesterday's wedding in Devon with a pinch of salt. She wasn't. Prince William went, though.
Kate Middleton misses wedding at last-minute but Prince William and Pippa attend | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

To me this is a total non story...their kid is 3 months and kate is probably still breast feeding....I mean geez if I was her I would hate going to all the weddings that they are invited to...I think going to more than one is too much...
Old 08-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
The fairy tale Estelle thing was an official gift from a county. It's a forest trail with fairy tale theme. So it's quite different than the town doing princess-PR :P But I understand what you're saying.
Thank you for clarifying it further. I appreciate it. With all the Royal events that take place, it's hard to remember the exact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
It was Estelle's Christening Gift from her Duchy IIRC and I still think was such a lovely idea.

Thank you!

Old 08-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Personally I loved it especially the subtle reminder to her fathers wedding speech about not instantly turning from a frog to a Prince.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Why does it matter why Kate skipped the wedding at the last moment? Maybe one of the kids got sick or Kate got sick? I'm sure William gave his apologies to the couple.