General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photos. I love the one of William. We need more photos like these of 2 future kings

Well..it's the photographer you'd have to ask..or the person who chooses what pics to use?

LaRae

Not criticizing the couple :ermm:

I am just looking at the photos from photographer/artist eye (okay like Kate amateur photographer and art history classes). The focus on the photo seems to centered oddly. If the focus is on the future kings, wonderful, just odd having Charlotte in there. Would be lovely, maybe there is, of a similar photo with William and his daughter. Father daughter moment. The photos just seem lopsided in focus.

Not everything is a comment on the couple :sad:

Not criticizing the couple :ermm:

I am just looking at the photos from photographer/artist eye (okay like Kate amateur photographer and art history classes). The focus on the photo seems to centered oddly. If the focus is on the future kings, wonderful, just odd having Charlotte in there. Would be lovely, maybe there is, of a similar photo with William and his daughter. Father daughter moment. The photos just seem lopsided in focus.

Not everything is a comment on the couple :sad:

Sorry...but I never said you were commenting on the couple...I thought a professional photographer took the photos...and the magazine would decide what pics to use...

LaRae

Those photos are perfect, if you agree with me that Charlotte is quite the independent, happy child who seems able to amuse herself. Maybe also a bit dreamy and stubborn, as she seems unwilling to hear the calls to look at the camera.

Which may be something that they have already taught these kids. Even if they call your name, you do not have to look at the camera. ;)

Last edited:
The photos are a nice surprise! I think the second one is my favourite. I love little Charlotte's dress. I like how they have published the photos in black and white - it gives them a kind of old soul feel, and paired with George and Charlotte's vintage looking clothes it almost looks like an original old photograph. My only qualm would be that in the first photo; Charlotte isn't focused properly enough so she is in with the rest of the family, but I guess young children of their age are hard to photograph because they're always running off somewhere! I try to photograph my little cousin nicely; but he's always off :D I think it's cute that they include Lupo in the family photos too. I'm looking forward into seeing the others!

Yes, I came across the publicity announcement for the British GQ feature on Prince Willaim and family via Vanity Fair:

See A New Photograph of Kate and William At Home with George and Charlotte | Vanity Fair

Prince William makes a fine cover man. :D

The candid snaps of the family are lovely. I didn't realize that Lupo is rather a small dog. How old is Lupo?

Excerpts from the interview:
http://www.today.com/news/prince-william-reveals-how-he-hopes-raise-prince-george-new-t112096

That's the first time I've seen Prince George wearing long pants. :) He'll turn 4-years-old on July 22. Kids do grow up so fast.

Last edited:
Wow, this is a nice surprise! I like the photos. The one of William alone is really well done. He should let GQ style him all the time! The one with William and the children is also very sweet.

I believe Lupo is five and was a present from James Midfleton. He's a son of one of Carole's dogs. Isn't he a variety of poodle? We used to have one who resembled Lupo. Very faithful and loyal and the coat, being woolly, doesn't shed, great for asthmatics like my daughter.

I'm pretty sure Lupo is a Cocker Spaniel.

LaRae

I believe Lupo is five and was a present from James Midfleton. He's a son of one of Carole's dogs. Isn't he a variety of poodle? We used to have one who resembled Lupo. Very faithful and loyal and the coat, being woolly, doesn't shed, great for asthmatics like my daughter.

Mixed reports. Said to be son of Carole's dog, but Ella. And as we know from interviews, Ella belongs to James, likely why he was the one to give it. The parents have one dog for certain, Tilly, the retriever we have seen Kate walk and was in the first family photo of George. There is also a male spaniel, Otto who is said to have eaten earrings Kate got from William. But Otto is reported as being brother to Ella, so highly unlikely to be Lupos sire. Not sure if Otto is still around or he ate the earrings as a puppy in a litter.

But Ella, Rafa, Lupo and Otto are English cocker spaniels. Not poodles. :flowers:

]Alastair Campbell: Even as a staunch republican I am full of praise for the young royals | London Evening Standard

Alistair Campbell on his interview with William.

This passage caught my eye as I have read that William is troubled by the suicide rate in the UK.

Prince William has experience of dealing with the shattering effect of suicide, in his work as an air ambulance pilot. I also know he and Kate have made a private visit to the country’s only suicide sanctuary, of which I am a patron, and he was shocked to discover it is the only one of its kind.

This is the sanctuary that Campbell refers to in the article.

http://www.maytree.org.uk/patrons.php

Last edited:
It was the best interview I've ever read from William. His openness, blunt and honest thoughts and feelings about...the mental health campaign, the monarchy, his private family life, politics and his mother was completely unbelievable. I truly enjoyed reading the interview the other day and I hope he continues to do well in his life. He's a good guy with a good head on shoulders and I'm happy for him.

Excellent... He's very open about his views on what happened with his mother and how this effects him now...great insights.

LaRae

Media should be on notice even more than before....very clear he isn't going to tolerate any of the craziness that went on with his mother.....and I wonder just who it is he is referring to when he talks about holding people accountable for not looking out for her etc. That's a wild card there.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the entire interview. The snippets make way more sense now in the context of the whole interview.

Media should be on notice even more than before....very clear he isn't going to tolerate any of the craziness that went on with his mother.....and I wonder just who it is he is referring to when he talks about holding people accountable for not looking out for her etc. That's a wild card there.

LaRae

I think he's holding a lot of people accountable...family, friends and the media.

I think he's holding a lot of people accountable...family, friends and the media.

Oh yes and that includes his own family as well as hers...bit dicey but perhaps that's (at least with his family) already all been hashed out some time ago.

LaRae

A shame ...they had 0 ability to do anything to help her, being young children themselves.

Right, it's why I said before, they were young lads when she was going through her tough times and they weren't able to be of much help to her other than to love her. That was the best they could do in those days. She loved them and they loved her. It did help her to keep going though.

Thanks for posting the entire interview. The snippets make way more sense now in the context of the whole interview.

GEnuine question, but where is the full interview? Ive looked on here and cant find it. There is a link to an article in the Standard but that doesnt seem to be the full interview.

Ive looked on GQ and you have to pay/download an app.

^^^ It was removed because of copyright. Great interview though.

Thank you. Thought I was having a senior moment!

Do be sure to look it up cepe..it's the best one I've read yet.

LaRae

Do be sure to look it up cepe..it's the best one I've read yet.

LaRae

It is a very good interview from William and without any limitations.

I read a snippet of William's interview from GQ's website and I thought it was a great interview, William gave really good answers. I particularly liked his thoughts on George:

"I want George to grow up in a real, living environment, I don’t want him growing up behind palace walls, he has to be out there. The media make it harder but I will fight for them to have a normal life."

I think I'll have to purchase a copy of the magazine, because it seems like one worth buying.

The princes, particularly William as Harry always appeared as more a prince of the people, although of course appearances can often count for nothing, have been extraordinarily frank and open. It's like a veil has been lifted off! I think their own involvement with the HeadsTogether Trust has helped them more than they could have anticipated or expected. Win Win all round! :)

With the Queen, she basically grew up within the palace walls, Charles was sent in boarding school but it was still kind of formal, he didn't develop close childhood friends, William was sent to private school as a toddler developed long friendships from his school mates, sent on a gap year with various activities with other people his age, university of his choice, military career and then air ambulance job. He has been exposed to more regular people at this point in his life then his father and grandmother would have been. We see George going down a similar path as William but with girls included in his schooling compared to the boys only schooling of William.

Excellent points Skippyboo and IMO the differences between the educational environments of QEII, the PoW and William are striking. William and Harry have had more opportunities to be introduced to the life that most Britons live because of their education and post-school years.

With the Queen, she basically grew up within the palace walls, Charles was sent in boarding school but it was still kind of formal, he didn't develop close childhood friends, William was sent to private school as a toddler developed long friendships from his school mates, sent on a gap year with various activities with other people his age, university of his choice, military career and then air ambulance job. He has been exposed to more regular people at this point in his life then his father and grandmother would have been. We see George going down a similar path as William but with girls included in his schooling compared to the boys only schooling of William.

Yes, that is true. I do believe that Charles and Diana tried to give their sons as normal lives as possible, since Diana in particular (without wanting to turn the thread into a discussion about her) tried to give William and Harry 'normal' experiences, like visits to theme parks etc. I think it's great that royal children now are being exposed to regular life, as it will enable them to relate to the people more. Royal children in the past, for example, would not have been able to relate to school experiences, since most of them were tutored and in the case of the future kings and queens, were mostly taught about how to rule. So they couldn't discuss school life with their subjects when they were in the appropriate situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom