The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Administrator

General News and Information for the Duke of Cambridge

Welcome to the General News and Information for the Duke of Cambridge.

Please note that all posts relating to the Current Events of the Duke of Cambridge should be posted in the appropriate thread.

Thanks!

Warren, wbenson and Zonk
British Forum Moderators

Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince William finished 33rd in GQ's list of Most Influential Men in Britain of 2012.
Harry was on 18th spot and Prince Charles - on 12th.

http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/lon...130619011.html

Old 01-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Prince William finished 33rd in GQ's list of Most Influential Men in Britain of 2012.
Harry was on 18th spot and Prince Charles - on 12th.

London mayor named most influential man in Britain - Yahoo! News Maktoob
There's just something really special about those Wales men eh?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Indeed.
Incidentally, Prince William also came 37th in the list of Best Dressed Men in Britain. Prince Charles was way ahead of him though: he was 8th.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love me some House of Wales men. They don't dress alike - but I like how they dress!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince strikes a blow for the rhino | The Times

Article on Prince Williams concerns over the deaths of black rhinos

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

We noted on the Forums that the Duke of Cambridge had been sent out on a very dangerous New Year's Day rescue mission to Blackpool. It was night and gale force conditions when Paul Morris was dog-walking on the Promenade in Blackpool with friends. The mission for the Duke and crew was extremely dangerous and not successful.

The search for Mr. Morris continues. I am quite sure the Duke of Cambridge is watching the press, as I am hoping for a resolution to the unresolved loss for his family. I don't think we spend enough time thinking about the role of a rescue pilot - and how much it must be like being a paramedic, first responder, etc. and the burden it presents - beyond the obvious heroism.

Anyone wishing to follow the story can find updates at: Search Results for: paul morris

Unsurprisingly, the Daily Mail has not made updates to the Jan 1 story since their account of the Duke's heroism. Mr. Morris and his family go unacknowledged. I'm recognizing them HERE. I'm sorry for their loss and send my thoughts.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

So um this was kinda cool. I remember back in 07 when the boys did Concert for Diana and one of Diana's fave musician's Bryan Adams was not asked to perform there were rumours that they had cut all contact with him. Today though I found this interview done about a month ago where he confirms he's had dinner with William!
Quote:
FOX411: Weren’t you one of Princess Diana’s favorite musicians?

Adams: Yeah I guess, perhaps. We were great friends. She was so proud of her boys. They’re great, even Harry getting his clothes off - good boy! I’m serious, he’s a laugh.

FOX411: Are you still in contact with them?

Adams: No. Actually, that’s not true. I’ve had dinner with Wills a couple of times.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put it I didn't know whether it should go here or Diana's forum or somewhere else completely. I know some of you are prob like so? but he's one of my fave's and I'm just glad to hear there's no bad blood.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Courtier

It’s Prince William...the perfect gentleman | Royal | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I do think William is the epitome of what some would determine to be a gentleman in this day and age. Unfortunately, I am allergic to links that pop ads in my face and at every turn try to draw me to buy their words. Its a link I quickly shut down.

I really really wish that people would use a link as a backup source for what they are stating in their own words rather than thinking what the huffingtom post said is different from the daily mail or the telegraph. Links are very useful when you need them but in a forum where we discuss, links alone come across as vapid.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really really wish that people would use a link as a backup source for what they are stating in their own words rather than thinking what the huffingtom post said is different from the daily mail or the telegraph. Links are very useful when you need them but in a forum where we discuss, links alone come across as vapid.

Just my opinion.
I agree. But the sites we go to are NOT actually part of the forum. If you try to go to one of these links when you are not signed in you get a page warning you that you are leaving the forum and that the forum is not responsible for anything on the other site.

I for one never go to the Huffington site any more because of the pop-ups. Personally I dislike these ads and all they do is make me more determined to never patronize the company being advertised.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I do think William is the epitome of what some would determine to be a gentleman in this day and age. Unfortunately, I am allergic to links that pop ads in my face and at every turn try to draw me to buy their words. Its a link I quickly shut down.

Just my opinion.
I very much enjoy all the different links and appreciate posters that find them and share them.

Also, you guys who have problems with pop up ads should install ad blocker.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I very much enjoy all the different links and appreciate posters that find them and share them.

Thank you!
I know a forum is a place where we discuss but we can discuss articles and links as well. I find it interesting although I know everybody has different opinions

William is a gentleman maybe not the perfect gentleman, but he's a gentleman indeed
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Personally, I never usually click on links and i do have to admit to posting a few myself that I've found. I'm just easily annoyed I guess this morning but I find that seeing new posts in a thread I'm following and finding out its all someone posting a link ad nauseum to the same tidbit of information. For 2 days we get a link to every newprint article online as a link saying the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum. I'm here for a discussion.

And yes.. I'm still not smoking (growls and runs for a donut)
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Personally, I never usually click on links and i do have to admit to posting a few myself that I've found. I'm just easily annoyed I guess this morning but I find that seeing new posts in a thread I'm following and finding out its all someone posting a link ad nauseum to the same tidbit of information. For 2 days we get a link to every newprint article online as a link saying the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum. I'm here for a discussion.
Which is great, and we all enjoy the discussion, but a lot of times, links to articles help facilitate the discussion or start a new one- and you might consider that people following a thread might not love checking it just to find someone complaining about how other people post. It's just worth remembering that it's a lot more fun here when posters are nice to each other.

Have your donut and hopefully your morning gets better.

/And apologies to the mods for going off topic. I'll be good now.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Which is great, and we all enjoy the discussion, but a lot of times, links to articles help facilitate the discussion or start a new one- and you might consider that people following a thread might not love checking it just to find someone complaining about how other people post. It's just worth remembering that it's a lot more fun here when posters are nice to each other.

Have your donut and hopefully your morning gets better.

/And apologies to the mods for going off topic. I'll be good now.
You are so right I prefer to check threads and find some new articles or links. I find them much more interesting than some replies other people post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Thank you!
I know a forum is a place where we discuss but we can discuss articles and links as well. I find it interesting although I know everybody has different opinions

William is a gentleman maybe not the perfect gentleman, but he's a gentleman indeed
I once again apologize if I was grumpy without donut or whatever else excuse I can find.

This is off topic and I hope the mods will clean it up but the problem to me with various links and articles that a lot of them are not reputable and the sources questionable. TRF is not a source of finding out the latest tabloid gossip or what the "sources close to the palace" says.

We've all gotten off track from what this place is about. TRF is known to be reputable when it comes to the information given here. I feel if one comes here to find out what the latest is from the Daily Mail, the Alien Assayer or the NotW kind of thing, this place is going downhill at a fast pace.

Please do not report this post to a moderator. I am doing it myself.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

OK, so lets talk about the article. I'll start by saying I think The Duke of Cambridge is astute, generally a nice guy with good manners. If one stays away from invasions of his family privacy he will treat you nicely, it appears. It seems his co-workers like him well enough - which is one of my tests for sizing people up. Dogs also seem to like him.

That said, doesn't this article actually mean that 1000 women have the image of William as the most gentlemanly person? And doesn't that mean the media (press, BP, SJP, his own staff, etc.) has been most adept at showing him to us in this light?

None of us really know William. We know what we read and we evaluate pictures of him in the media. We know he supports charities. We can see that is cute, looks great in black or white ties and in full military dress. In his baggy flight suit we forgive that he looks lumpy because he is playing the role of a hero on call. We've watched him encourage children, play polo and hold an umbrella over his wife's head at premiers.

So the fact that Wills has been named in the polls as most gentlemanly is not much of a surprise. Some gardener in Brighton is probably the most gentlemanly person in Britain - be he does not get the press that William does.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Majesty

It's almost like when People Magazine names their Sexiest Man of The Year or The Most Beautiful Women of the Year. It's obvious they will go with someone who very well known in the media.

From what I have seen of William over the years, he do seem like a very nice guy and also a bit of a nerd, imo. I can tell he loves his wife and is proud of her. I can also tell he's a family man and good friend. That's just my opinion as a person who's on the outside looking in. I'm sure those who knows him much more personally, would sum him up differently but also nicely.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
OK, so lets talk about the article. I'll start by saying I think The Duke of Cambridge is astute, generally a nice guy with good manners. If one stays away from invasions of his family privacy he will treat you nicely, it appears. It seems his co-workers like him well enough - which is one of my tests for sizing people up. Dogs also seem to like him.

That said, doesn't this article actually mean that 1000 women have the image of William as the most gentlemanly person? And doesn't that mean the media (press, BP, SJP, his own staff, etc.) has been most adept at showing him to us in this light?

None of us really know William. We know what we read and we evaluate pictures of him in the media. We know he supports charities. We can see that is cute, looks great in black or white ties and in full military dress. In his baggy flight suit we forgive that he looks lumpy because he is playing the role of a hero on call. We've watched him encourage children, play polo and hold an umbrella over his wife's head at premiers.

So the fact that Wills has been named in the polls as most gentlemanly is not much of a surprise. Some gardener in Brighton is probably the most gentlemanly person in Britain - be he does not get the press that William does.
I think a fair bit of it has to do with the fairy tale perception of a prince, and the fact that William has so carefully controlled his public image. When someone is basically a blank slate- when you don't really know who they are- it's sometimes very easy to project who you want them to be onto them.

Does that make sense? I'm sure William is a nice guy (as long as you don't violate his privacy or that of his family) but you're right- I doubt anyone really knows enough about him to determine that he's a gentleman in his private life.

I hope he is though! And there's no indication that he's not.