General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't help but feel that these articles and the way they're worded are totally unnecessary. This is what William is doing for a living and it wasn't just him that were called to the scene but the entire team that he was on duty with.

The way the articles are headed, it makes it out to seem that William singlehandedly was responsible for the rescue.
I kind of agree, but at least they are mentioning the team and pointing out that he isn't the doctor.

At least EAAA and the police hasn't told or even confirmed the story this time, it's just eyewitnesses.. I think that is better!

EAAA is a registered charity. The publicity is great.

Back in 2014 Patrick Peal, chief executive of the service, said he was "delighted" William had decided to join the organisation in a full-time role.

"We're looking to raise £7.5m a year to continue the lifesaving work and I'm sure that this will help to raise the profile of the charity.

"It is a very close-knit crew with the pilot operating closely with the doctor and paramedic so we need a strong team in every operation we go on," he added.

:previous: IF (and that is a big if) his first day as reported was his first day and IF, as reported he is working 4 days on and 4 days off, then he should not have been working on the 4th. yes, I know there could have been any kind of swap for people's schedules. r people's schedules.

And yes, I set this up on a simple spreadsheet. As my friends often point out, my interest in the British royals is a bit over the top in some ways. :whistling:

Last edited:
Shifts depend on whether or not the aircraft is operational 24-hours a day, but the EAAA says Prince William is likely to work four days on, four days off and cover one of two shifts - from 07:00 to 16:30, or from 16:30 to midnight (royal duties permitting).

Pilots work within flight rules, Mr Dickin says, and can only fly for a limited number of hours before requiring a period of leave.
Prince William's job: What's it like being an air ambulance pilot? - BBC News

:previous: IF (and that is a big if) his first day as reported was his first day and IF, as reported he is working 4 days on and 4 days off, then he should not have been working on the 4th. yes, I know there could have been any kind of swap for people's schedules. r people's schedules.

And yes, I set this up on a simple spreadsheet. As my friends often point out, my interest in the British royals is a bit over the top in some ways. :whistling:

Good maths.

National newspaper websites have reported families on nearby Hardwick Heath waved at the prince as he waited with the aircraft on Tuesday evening near the scene of the shooting in Forum Court.

However, a spokeswoman from the East Anglian Air Ambulance was adamant Prince William did not attend the incident.
Reports Prince William helped save Bury gun victim scotched - News - East Anglian Daily Times

A picturesque South Devon village has hosted a glamorous society wedding with guests including the Duke of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton – though her sister, Kate, was a no show.

Property expert and William’s former Eton school friend Bear Maclean married socialite Daisy Dickson at All Saints Church in Thurlestone, South Devon, last weekend.

The Duchess of Cambridge is believed to have changed her mind about attending the wedding so that she could look after the couple’s children, George and Charlotte.

The Daily Mail reported that the hosts appeared to have been informed so late that Kate’s name was still on the seating plan at the reception in a marquee overlooking the village green.

Instead, William turned up with his sister-in-law, Pippa Middleton.
Read more: Prince William Bear Maclean wedding Thurlestone Pippa Middleton Kate Middleton | Western Morning News

When there's no news, feel free to go crazy with whatever information you get. That seems to be the general direction the press has taken at this point. Because we all know that when a man shows up to a wedding with his sister-in-law, something must be wrong with the marriage :bang: :bang: :bang:.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

When there's no news, feel free to go crazy with whatever information you get. That seems to be the general direction the press has taken at this point. Because we all know that when a man shows up to a wedding with his sister-in-law, something must be wrong with the marriage :bang: :bang: :bang:.

Exactly. And they make it sound like Kate didn't go so he took Pippa instead :p Such sillyness. She was obviously invited and they arrived together.

Its quite scandalous as William with Pippa at a wedding makes it a family affair eh? :whistling:

General News and Information for the Duke of Cambridge

Exactly. And they make it sound like Kate didn't go so he took Pippa instead :p Such sillyness. She was obviously invited and they arrived together.

Exactly.

Its quite scandalous as William with Pippa at a wedding makes it a family affair eh? :whistling:

Be careful, someone from the 'Daily Rag...ear...Mail' can see this, and write some more pointless drivel :p. I say, we start doing what Rabbit asked his friends to do when Pooh was stuck in the rabbit hole; 'DO NOT FEED THE BEAR', though this instance, it's the press.

Last edited:
Prince William has written movingly of the “example and continuity” provided by the Queen throughout the turbulent decades of her long rein.

Writing in the preface to a new biography of his grandmother, the Duke of Cambridge said she had presided over a period of unprecedented transformation, in which the world had changed “almost beyond recognition”.

He said her great contribution had been to demonstrate by her own example that people could embrace the future with confidence without sacrificing the best of the past.

Prince William, in his preface to Elizabeth II: The Steadfast, by the former Home and Foreign Secretary Lord Hurd, writes: “Over the last ninety years, the world has changed more rapidly than at any time in history.

"When my grandmother The Queen was born in 1926, the wounds of the Great War were still healing, but few would imagine how soon they would be reopened.

“The confidence of the previous century had morphed into uncertainty and many worried – as they still do – about the challenge presented to our communities by rapid technological and social change.”

Prince William adds: “After almost ninety years, we find ourselves in a world that has changed dramatically, almost beyond recognition to the world that The Queen was born into, but where the role of charity, family, duty and compassion perseveres.
Read more: Prince William pays tribute to the Queen's 'life of service' - Telegraph

Quite an interesting discussion on Richard Palmer's Twitter page re the wedding. He was quite reasonable, mentioned 'the royal soap opera' but stated that the British public's perception of Kate may be changing. He said that for the first time, unbidden and unprompted, people have approached him with criticisms such as 'They always pull the Diana card' and 'What did she (Kate) expect?' (As in unwanted media speculation presumably.) Palmer was cautious, said it was the 'silly season' (August, when there's never much royal news) but he was clearly surprised.

Yes I saw that and thought it was a fair article too

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Richard Palmer is certainly entitled to his opinion just like any other person. He does this every summer silly season. Last year it was the aerial photos of Anmer Hall.

The problem with RP and every other journalist is he talks out of both sides of his mouth. He complains about photos as if its the Cambridges fault but then admits its up to newspaper editors to publish pics and William can't do anything about it.

Most people on Twitter told him to either publish pap photos or shut up about it.

The man by his own admission hasn't had a pay rise in 7 years. He works for a newspaper that's on the verge of being sold to the Mirror Group so he vents. Photos of the Cambridges are a sure way for clicks and he's frustrated. But he turns it around on the royals.

But you lose any credibility by trying to pretend the royals 'block' publication of photos when its actually an editorial decision. He should be upset with his editors but then he doesn't want the facts to confuse the issue.

Another thing to remember is on Twitter Richard is speaking for himself. The Express newspaper itself is one of the most pro-monarchy papers around.

Again this is nothing new for him, he does this often. No one can claim Palmer is a royal flunkie. Earlier in the year he had some nasty tweets about the Queen's finances.

Last edited:
I prefer to think that Palmer is balanced. I don't think he's a flunky nor do I think that he constantly criticises the royals. His work circumstances are beside the point. He was clearly surprised that people's opinions of Kate seem to be changing.

I have many British relatives and friends and have heard the sort of things Palmer's now hearing for some time, most of the complaints that I have heard being around personal extravagance (kitchens etc) and a sparse diary of charitable and royal engagements. You combine those and it presents an image problem. That has nothing to do with Palmer. I'm in Britain later this year and will probably hear more then.

Its always convenient to find people who agree with you when you want to make a point.

My ex-wife is English and my children were raised there. I lived and worked there for years and I don't come across anyone who is critical of William and Kate.

Kate did 94 engagements last year. Harry did 97. Kate's diary is 'sparse'.

No one minds royals receiving criticism as long as its not their particular favourite. For you curryong Palmer has his finger on the pulse of the nation simply because you don't like W&K. We don't all have to like the same people.

But I notice how quick you are to dismiss any criticism of Harry by reporters. You even accused one of having a bias against Harry simply for not gushing over him.

When I'm in England everyone is talking bout W&K in a good way. I guess its a mystery of life.

Yes, Harry's a particular favourite of mine. However, as a monarchist I WANT William and Kate to do well. I want the BRF to last for the next couple of hundred years, if possible. I would like Kate to maybe take some lessons in public speaking so she doesn't fumble.

I would like to see William and Kate show enthusiasm about their engagements as I feel sometimes they don't. If Kate had filled her diary up a bit more before she became pregnant with George it would have been great. At the moment she's defined by motherhood, her hair and her clothes by many commentators, journalists. Surely she doesn't want that?

I hope that I can admire her for things apart from producing two children, being a clothes horse and performing a few engagements per year. Is that too much to ask? (Apart from Queen Elizabeth I do admire Rania of Jordan, Victoria of Sweden and Maxima of the Netherlands as women who strive to make a difference in their country and internationally. Setting the bar too high for Kate? Hope not.)

Last edited:
Yes, Harry's a particular favourite of mine. However, as a monarchist I WANT William and Kate to do well. I want the BRF to last for the next couple of hundred years, if possible. I would like Kate to maybe take some lessons in public speaking so she doesn't fumble.

I would like to see William and Kate show enthusiasm about their engagements as I feel sometimes they don't. If Kate had filled her diary up a bit more before she became pregnant with George it would have been great. At the moment she's defined by motherhood, her hair and her clothes by many commentators, journalists. Surely she doesn't want that?

I hope that I can admire her for things apart from producing two children, being a clothes horse and performing a few engagements per year. Is that too much to ask? (Apart from Queen Elizabeth I do admire Rania of Jordan, Victoria of Sweden and Maxima of the Netherlands as women who strive to make a difference in their country and internationally. Setting the bar too high for Kate? Hope not.)
I understand you. But not every person is the same. Some are more of a homebody and a family person, content with going about their buissnes at home while others need some outside stimulation. Neither is better or worse. Just different kinds of people.

I don't mind if people are homebodies. After all, you never heard of the Queen as a young woman inhabiting night clubs or constantly on private travel (apart from Malta.) All my life she has been a byword for duty to Britain and the Commonwealth, sometimes it has to be said, at the cost of her relationship with her children. She's never been regarded as a clothes horse by many, has she? Even republicans admire her.

I just think that, though there has to be a balance, a bit more duty and a little less home life wouldn't do the Cambridges any harm, not least with the British public.

For almost ever year of William's adult life opinion polls showed people wanted him as their next king.

Last fall a yougov poll showed 68 percent of people thought Kate should be the next Queen. Not exactly the weak links in the family.

If you're truly a monarchist then the monarchy is in safe hands.

General News and Information for the Duke of Cambridge

Why do people insist on Catherine being a clothes horse? She recycles her clothing, whether for engagements or private outings, to the point that people complain of her having a boring style. As for engagements, she, and her husband are part-time royals, so it only makes sense that she won't be seen as much as those who do royal duties full-time. I think those who are vocal to criticize Catherine regardless of what she is doing, have no clue what they want from her. Nothing she does satisfies them. I'm just glad that William, and Catherine have enough confidence, and security to do what works for them. They have support of those in charge, so that's all that matters.

No, the weak links for the BRF in terms of poll numbers are Charles, (another worry), Camilla and Andrew.

I've been a monarchist all my life. I hope that it is in safe hands. However, of my circle in England, people lately have expressed frustration that kate isn't doing more with charity work and in her privileged position. These were people who would never have thought of criticising her a couple of years ago.

Its not like Kate is springing fine print on anyone. She is pretty much following what they stated they would do.

William is working and Kate is home with the children. When W&K married it was made clear they weren't going to the face of the monarchy just yet. I love they have their priorities straight. Family always comes first.

So if you were a fan of Kate's a couple of years ago I see no reason not to like her now.

Again people I chat to are always raving on about them. Its a mystery

Last edited:
Its not like Kate is springing fine print on anyone. She is pretty much following what they stated they would do.

William is working and Kate is home with the children. When W&K married it was made clear they weren't going to the face of the monarchy just yet. I love they have their priorities straight. Family always comes first.

So if you were a fan of Kate's a couple of years ago I see no reason not to like her now.

Again people I chat to are always raving on about them. Its a mystery
Yeah, exactly. And I read back and people said that William and Kate should get some years to settle in and gradually do more. Well, they are! Maybe not more in numbers, because both of them have other jobs/commitments. But the type of things they do are getting more and more heavy weight. The (what would have been) solo malta trip, William in china, welcoming on state visit etc.

No one knows what DOC is doing. She could be merrily working away at home. But her apparent non-engagement with Royal duties is causing comment and criticism in certain sections of the British Press and indeed I have to say amongst people who I know who considered themselves Monarchists. The lack of Royal Patronages has been noted, The two princess and Kate's charity appears to have achieved so much less than The Princes Trust. Apparently The Princes Trust has created more jobs than any UK Government scheme? Please Cambridges do something before your press gets even worse, IMHO.

They only have bad press because they defended the rights of their children. Every time William/Catherine/Harry condemn the media for unethical behavior the British tabloids go on a vicious attack. You can set your watch to it. You'll notice the legitimate press has no problems with them. The tabloids define petty.

Also, I do laugh at certain people who expect William/Catherine/Harry to do more duties when it has been made clear that they will be part-timers for the foreseeable future. Perhaps they should write a scathing letter to the Queen and demand that she change her mind. I'm sure she is waiting with baited breath for their input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom