General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The flight uniform from yesterday said William Wales not Cambridge.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think he's still using William Wales.

Which makes sense- he's used that name his entire life and it will probably become his title in the next decade or so.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Once upon a time (in fact just last month) there was a prince of a little island kingdom (about 94 million square miles). He ruled (really he’s second in line to the throne, and it’s a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary government) justly, wisely, and magnanimously. He was loved and respected by all (well, almost all) his subjects. He in turn loved and respected all his subjects. In his just, wise, and magnanimous heart he had a special place for the kingdom’s Jews — and they for him and his family. In fact on every Shabbat and on the festivals, the Jews would pray for and bless the prince’s grandmother, the queen, as well as all the royal family.

The prince had learned a little about the kingdom’s Jews from his parents. They had attended charity events held by institutions in the Jewish community. They must have communicated their admiration for this special community to the prince for he seemed to know and understand the ways of the Jews.
More: The prince, the Jews, and the gift of caring | NJJN

THE Duke of Cambridge has sent a touching handwritten letter to a father who has a life-limiting illness.

Jason Liversidge, 39, of Rise, was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in 2013.

Mr Liversidge, his wife Liz and their two children recently appeared on hit BBC One show DIY SOS.

The family has since received a letter from Prince William after he watched the programme, which showed their home being completely transformed to adapt to Mr Liversidge's needs.
More: Prince William 'touched' by story of DIY SOS dad Jason Liversidge | Hull Daily Mail

What a thoughtful thing to do he has a good heart

What a thoughtful thing to do he has a good heart

Yes he does. His compassion for others never fails to amaze me.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I feel sorry for this 'lookalike' doctor making headlines because she looks a bit like Kate
Prince William and his Kate Middleton lookalike doctor fly to the rescue | Daily Mail Online

I saw that yesterday too. The posters in the 'Comment' section were pretty much their usual nasty, speculative selves. I'm sure the Rag will follow this up with a story of an 'alleged, sordid royal affaiar' in a week or two.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

A lot of the comments I read were leave the doctor alone and brown hair and woman then all must look like Kate. Especially anti DM on the one where they stole the Facebook photos.

It pretty sad that the DM milked about three stories out of this Doctor.
Give it a rest.

What about this doctor's privacy? She should sue IMO! Outrageous!

It will be nice once everyone gets used to the Prince in this role and the nurses offhandedly say something like "Oh yeah, we see him all the time. no big deal anymore." :)

yeah I feel sorry for the Dr and the entire team - and even William; I am sure he is just embarrassed and apologizing.... hope this blows over soon for all for all of their sakes.

:previous: Well, frankly I was surprised (not in a good way) that EAAA PR folk chose to announce that He had gone on his first call and that they would report back later in the day with results. While a great PR opportunity, it does start that slide toward "New Pilot as News Opportunity."

I can't wait for it to get to level of coverage in Angelsey - every now and then, someone rescued would have a good story to tell and it would make the news. The coverage was equal parts about the rescued person and their surprise at who their pilot was. It was an OK balance. The rest of the time, he was just doing his job.
The EAAA may find that an excellent strategy; react to questions about calls after they pop up on social media. Which they will. Otherwise, EAAA does post all their calls here: Recent missions - East Anglian Air Ambulance The focus is on the call and the medics. :flowers:

EAAA has to raise money. So the publicity from William flying and going out on rescues brings in attention to their cause. However, what they rightly complained about were the Kate look a like doctor stories when are insulting both to the doctor and W&K.

and completely ignored how important their job is...

I just hope the pr for that place doesn't use him too much because it will look like william wants the pr...meanwhile he just wants to do his job...i don't think an ambulet needs pr..they do good...no need to make william look like he is wanting more pr..which we no he could probably care less about that stuff in general..

also the dailymail articles and other press articles were just plain stupid...just bc someone has brown hair doesnt mean they look like kate...its just stupid and ridiculous...

National media 'trivialised’ our work says Cambridge-based East Anglian Air Ambulance | Cambridge News

There you go...and no one here is surprised....

and i saw a pic of nurses waving him off (from the sun-about his first rescue there) ...and if you see the pic of him he looks disturbed by it.....i am sure William hates being known as prince William...and wants to be treated regularly...so he can just go about his business.

I think that William does compartmentalize his roles and how he is known in them. There are certain times where he is HRH The Duke of Cambridge such as when he conducts investitures for the Queen and it is right and proper to be addressed as "Your Highness". Then there are times when he's working with his team at EAAA where he'd prefer all status and protocol flies out the window and he's just called by his given name. Of course, I do think his most favorite appellation in the whole wide world is "Daddy".

Its all about where he's at and how to best fit into the situation.

His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge enjoyed a day out to USA Day at Newmarket's Adnams July Course today (Saturday).

The Prince attended Newmarket's summer racecourse with his friends for an afternoon of racing in the sun and seemed to enjoy the relaxed, garden party atmosphere.

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales also celebrated a win in the last race when Pacify won The Greenall's Gin Handicap Stakes for trainer Ralph Beckett.

The Prince returned to his role as a pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance this week.
Duke of Cambridge spotted with friends at Newmarket Racecourse | Cambridge News

Prince William was at the centre of a major security alert after it emerged a mobile phone app could track his to track his every movement as an air ambulance pilot based at Cambridge airport

A £2.99 app gives away precise details of his helicopter's position, direction of travel, speed and altitude, triggering terror fears.

The News has purchased the app and found the helicopter can no longer be tracked after former police officers told a national newspaper the information presented "intelligence gold" for terrorists.

Until last night subscribers to the app could receive alerts every time the Duke of Cambridge's East Anglian Air Ambulance took off from its base at Cambridge Airport on a 999 rescue mission.
Read more: Prince William in security alert over app that can track his air ambulance flights from Cambridge | Cambridge News

:previous: I think many of us realized what issues could arise. There are multiple issues.

Here in the US, Flighttracker has been around your years. We have been having problems with drones nearing the White House, Firefighting tanker drop sites and airports. We have people who make sport of shining lasers into aircraft cockpits near airports. The "smarter" your car/lorry is, the more easily it can be hacked.

I have to hope that William's security team has thought about all this and that there are measures in place. Because for me, while the Prince may be a more visible target, success of any kind disrupting/attacking national transportation is hugely risky for all concerned.

:previous: I think many of us realized what issues could arise. There are multiple issues.

Here in the US, Flighttracker has been around your years. We have been having problems with drones nearing the White House, Firefighting tanker drop sites and airports. We have people who make sport of shining lasers into aircraft cockpits near airports. The "smarter" your car/lorry is, the more easily it can be hacked.

I have to hope that William's security team has thought about all this and that there are measures in place. Because for me, while the Prince may be a more visible target, success of any kind disrupting/attacking national transportation is hugely risky for all concerned.

It seems clear to me that they hadn't thought of it. At least someone did, eventually.

I have regularly used Flight Radar 24; it's an amazing little app, but as you say, with all the new technology comes some very real risks to us all.

I can't believe they didn't think of it before

Prince William was one of the air ambulance crew members that attended the crash on the M1 northbound between Bedford and Milton Keynes today (Friday, July 31).

According to a Facebook post from a man who works for the emergency services he warned people to avoid the M1 but also that it was surreal seeing Prince William carry out his new role with the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Read more: Prince William flew air ambulance to M1 smash near Milton Keynes | oneMK

The Duke of Cambridge, 33, was part of a crew that transported medics to the stricken victim moments after the gunman fled.

A doctor saved the casualty while William waited to airlift the gunshot victim to hospital.

Suffolk Police have confirmed in a statement that a man in his thirties was shot in the stomach at an address in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on August 4.
Read more: Prince William rescues shooting victim in latest air ambulance mission | Royal | News | Daily Express

I just can't help but feel that these articles and the way they're worded are totally unnecessary. This is what William is doing for a living and it wasn't just him that were called to the scene but the entire team that he was on duty with.

The way the articles are headed, it makes it out to seem that William singlehandedly was responsible for the rescue.

The article says William was part of a crew. Its good publicity for EAAA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom