The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Gentry

^^ Lol!! I'm sure he'll love that. :P

Old 12-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Courtier

Today's Sydney newspaper is reporting that the Caribbean hideaway Princes W and H spent time with their mother at on the island of Barbuda is, eleven years after being abandoned, now to be turned into a luxury resort.

Oz's James Packer and Hollywood's Robert De Niro - already in partnership on other ventures - are to turn the forty-five room "K Club" once owned by Italian designer Krizia, who had the Princess of Wales and her sons as guests, are planning to turn the rundown property into an environmentally friendly and super private "tropical dream".

The Prime Minister of Antigua/Barbuda is quoted as saying it should "transform the island".

Old 02-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
I understand Prince William has now passed three quarters of his 14 air ambulance written exams

Prince William is unlikely to be carrying out rescue missions with @EastAngliAirAmb before early summer as he has more exams then training
Old 02-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I understand Prince William has now passed three quarters of his 14 air ambulance written exams

Prince William is unlikely to be carrying out rescue missions with @EastAngliAirAmb before early summer as he has more exams then training
That's great news. I do wish they would communicate a little more about some of these timelines. It might help address the broader question amongst some of the tabloids and on TRF and other forums as to what William might be spending his time on currently.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That's great news. I do wish they would communicate a little more about some of these timelines. It might help address the broader question amongst some of the tabloids and on TRF and other forums as to what William might be spending his time on currently.
Well, if you communicate timelines, it just invites paps to hang out at the EAAA airports on specific days. I'm with Wills on this one. It's none of our business.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well, if you communicate timelines, it just invites paps to hang out at the EAAA airports on specific days. I'm with Wills on this one. It's none of our business.
I am not talking about specific timelines, but something along the lines of exams and training until mid-summer, and flying thereafter.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am not talking about specific timelines, but something along the lines of exams and training until mid-summer, and flying thereafter.
I agree, but I guess some announcements will be made at some point.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think that this info should have given away before or after their vacation in Mustique, the time is not good IMO.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William's former flying instructor was at yesterday's Charities Forum event. Wing Commander Kevin Marsh helped William get his wings in 2008.

He said about William now training to become an air ambulance pilot: 'I think it's fantastic.

'He's a natural pilot and he's very good so it's absolutely right and proper.'

He added: 'It's a lot of study, it's 14 exams on the ground let alone in the air.'
Old 04-03-2015, 12:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Do the hierarchy of Bafta regret appointing Prince William as president?-
EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Do Bafta regret appointing Prince William? | Daily Mail Online

He did present a video message tribute to Lord Attenborough for the Awards ceremony. Although, he should have sent a representative to the funeral service.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Do Bafta regret appointing Prince William? | Daily Mail Online

He did present a video message tribute to Lord Attenborough for the Awards ceremony. Although, he should have sent a representative to the funeral service.
I am not surprised!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

The funeral was private (and BRF rarely attend private funerals) but he did sent a representative to the memorial service. He couldnt attend as it was on 17 March and he was with the Irish Guards.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The funeral was private (and BRF rarely attend private funerals) but he did sent a representative to the memorial service. He couldnt attend as it was on 17 March and he was with the Irish Guards.
Good to know he sent a representative to the service. I know they royals usually send one.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-13-2015, 08:32 PM
Gentry

Will Spotted cycling around Amner Hall last week according to this article. http://bill-and-cathy-cambridge.tumb...ill-and-cathy-
cambridge.tumblr.com/post/116329559581/rememberyourlovemoments-prince-william-cycling
Old 04-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Commoner

William spotted cycling and photographed last week at Anmer, Catherine spotted and photographed with George at a petting zoo at King's Lynn within the last two weeks-and both sets of photographs looks as if they were taken with cell phones. William must have felt safe enough going round that close to home without a protection officer.
Makes me wonder just who is hiding in the bushes and roads close to Anmer-Paps possibly trying to make these photos look like they have been taken by people just passing by?
Mara
Old 04-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
They're residents of the neighborhood and just doing what every other family does. Riding bikes and going to zoos and shopping and all those other ordinary things that people do. Nothing in those pictures were anything earth shattering or newsy but because of who they are, money can be made off of them.

W&K probably realize that photos like these are bound to happen especially in our era of smartphones that can publish a burp around the world in seconds. The photos were harmless and actually, in my book, non-invasive. I haven't heard anything on complaints coming from the Cambridges over the pictures so perhaps its a happy medium for them. They go ahead and do their things and people don't actually bother them but the pictures that come from it does give us an informal look into their lives and their children. I think they have drawn the line that they will not tolerate invasion of their privacy and that message has been well heard but also realize that when in public, its going to happen and they've learned to just get on with things that matter to them.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Even a dyed-in-the-wool republican, such as Neil Lyndon, would have to admit that the Duke of Cambridge embodies all the best characteristics of a modern man

Prince William – and through him the institution of the monarchy – has had an outstanding few days.

As President of the Football Association, he delivered an address on the FIFA scandal which was a masterpiece of clarity, firmness of purpose and Corinthian values while saying nothing about himself.

As a devoted Aston Villa fan, he must have suffered agonies while watching them lose 0-4 to Arsenal in the FA Cup final; yet he carried out his ceremonial duties on the Wembley pitch and in the Royal Box with faultless charm and unwavering impartiality.

And, most sensationally, he made me – a dyed-in-the wool republican of 50 proud years allegiance – feel slightly sad that I shall probably not live long enough to see this great guy crowned as King.
More: Why Prince William is the perfect role model for all men - Telegraph
Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Majesty

Great article, very well written.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, that was a very nice and very kind article on William. People can say what they want, but I think Charles and Diana raised some very good boys. After Diana passed, Charles went on to raise very fine grown men.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Majesty

Great article! I always enjoy reading positive pieces about William and his wife.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.