The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

William's Fashion Makes The Cover in 2011:
William and Catherine: Photo

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The Times is leading with the news that William has a part Indian ancestry, through his mother. I'm sure other papers will pick up on this but as The Times is unavailable to most people on line, here is the gist taken from the editorial.

Quote:
It was already known when Lady Diana Spencer became the Princess of Wales that one of her 32 great-great-great-great-grandmothers was a women of supposedly Armenian extraction who lived out of wedlock in Bombay in the second decade of the 19th century with an Englishman named Theodore Forbes. Her name was Eliza Kerwak. What was not known until one of her many non-royal descendents, Robin Dewhurst, agreed to a DNA test was that whether or not Eliza was partly Armenian, she was definitely at least half-Indian.

Interesting, I didn't know about Eliza!

UPDATE
Other papers have picked this up

From the Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hers-side.html

From the Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-ancestry.html

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Courtier

I think the Daily Mail have gone over the top with te whole thing.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Why are they reporting this just for William? The same can be said about Harry too. Both William & Harry are a bit American too and they are also long distant cousins of US General Colin Powell as well.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Royal Highness

Because Harry's not in the direct line to the throne. He's not likely to become king, while William is
Old 06-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I know but I still think the media should include Harry in the headlines too.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy Birthday Prince William! Father-to-be celebrates turning 31 as royal baby due date nears-
Prince William 31st birthday: Picture special - Mirror Online

Old 06-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Nancyswarkworth Nancy's cottage 6h
Prince William arrives at Alnmouth for Alnwick for the Percy wedding..... Carrying his own suit! #whatevernext pic.twitter.com/uHMyaX1Kh0

Old 08-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William heading back to Royal Air Force after paternity leave | Story | Wonderwall
Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William stops club brawl:
Prince William stops club brawl | Home | Calgary Sun

Old 09-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Nobility

Was that recently, or is it old news? I ask because on the last line, Will Mellor says, "It still haunts me."
Old 10-03-2013, 03:12 AM
Aristocracy

How very kind of him to say so :)
Who is he, exactly?
Old 01-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William stops for "selfie" with Boston schoolgirl-
BBC Lincolnshire - Scott Dalton, Scott Dalton at Breakfast, Prince William stops for "selfie" with Boston schoolgirl

Old 01-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Courtier

Maybe I can sound creepy: Does anyone know W&K blood group? I'm sorry but I'm interested in things like this
Old 01-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Maybe I can sound creepy: Does anyone know W&K blood group? I'm sorry but I'm interested in things like this
i doubt this sort of detail was ever revealed.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Was and never will be revealed, that information for most people is very private.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Majesty

That level of medical knowledge is never revealed and nor should it be as it is private information and they are entitled to have some things kept private in their lives.

We do know that The Queen always travels with some of her own blood, to be used in the case of an emergency transfusion, but what that type is, or how much she has with her we don't know. (That was in one of the 'xxxx number of things you didn't know about The Queen type lists' in the lead up to a tour down under and I remember it because I had just had to have a transfusion and my mother was still worried in case I had caught some 'dreadful disease' from the donor and was suggesting that if they knew in advance that a transfusion was possible in future then that is what I should do).
Old 03-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
In pictures: Prince William's first tour of Australia and New Zealand
A look back at Prince William's first tour of Australia and New Zealand - hellomagazine.com