The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2016, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Jon Bon Jovi reveals his unlikely friendship with Prince William | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-10-2016, 02:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William misses another of his close friend's weddings | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-13-2016, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William distances himself from Ben Fogle and his wife* | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Eddie Redmayne reveals school pal Prince William had a tough time on the rugby field - Mirror Online
Old 11-17-2016, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Yay for Eddie! He handled all those hot potatoes with aplomb. When you know the BRF, remember to answer without telling them anything.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:29 AM
Nobility

I wonder about this guy! He, in due time and avoiding accidents or natural causes could be King one day.

He has struggled with the transition from being an independant (how so? he has always and will be been dependant on money not earned by himself) person to married man and father.

Well now Wills, it was hardly whirlwind!

Catherine is an amazing mother and fantastic wife?

We don't need to know how fantastic your wife is William, but an amazing mother? No, she's just a mother with a lot more support around her than the vast majority of others. There are many, who are streets ahead of her. Please!

Prince William wants George and Charlotte to have 'simple aspirations' - BBC News
Old 11-20-2016, 05:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

So you expected him to say "my wife luckily has loads of support otherwise she wouldn't know what to do?"
If that's what you want to hear in a public interview i think you can wait a loooooong time...
Old 11-20-2016, 06:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
I wonder about this guy! He, in due time and avoiding accidents or natural causes could be King one day.

He has struggled with the transition from being an independant (how so? he has always and will be been dependant on money not earned by himself) person to married man and father.

We don't need to know how fantastic your wife is William, but an amazing mother? No, she's just a mother with a lot more support around her than the vast majority of others. There are many, who are streets ahead of her. Please!

Prince William wants George and Charlotte to have 'simple aspirations' - BBC News
Uhm, you can be an amazing mother and have help. I mean, most people have help in one way or another. Daycare, grandparets etc. Just because people leave their kids at daycare doesn't make them worse parents, so why should having a nanny?
Old 11-20-2016, 06:40 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post

Why can't he say how he feels about his wife and say she is a fantastic wife to him? I am glad he said what he feels about his own wife.

So you are saying he can't say that he thinks his wife is a amazing mother because she has one nanny and a housekeeper helping her . That's one of the most ridiculous comments i have read on this forum.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:50 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I found the article and the things that William talked about in regards to home and family quite open, honest and can tell he's one very proud husband and father.

I like how he aims for his children to be raised with the mindset to think of others and to treat them as they would want to be treated. This tells me that the Cambridge children are going to grow up without being told how "privileged" they are or how "special" they are in regards to other children. They will come to realize their positions and status soon enough.

When it comes to having a loving, stable family, money and wealth and staff in the mansion has about as much effect on the family as living in a one bedroom walk up flat in the poorer section of town. Its the people that make the family and not the circumstances. Any circumstance can be taken and used for positive or negative. A wonderful mother could work three jobs to put food on the table while another wonderful mother goes out to raise awareness of mental health issues.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

There are a lot of things that are clearly made up in The Crown. But there's also a great deal of merit in the idea it raises that, for Philip (or any monarch's spouse), the Sovereign is the job. Loving and supporting their spouse is, as the screenwriter says "the essence of [their] duty". It doesn't matter that the scene in question was written out of whole cloth; the idea that it presents is, I think, true.

So, yes, I do care whether William thinks Kate is a fantastic wife to him, because they will not be able to function effectively in the long, long, challenging years to come if she is not a loving and supportive wife.

As for his assessment of her as a mother, it bemuses me to think that anyone would substitute their own judgement, based on an observation period that can be measured in minutes, for that of the man who lives with the woman and children in question on a day-in, day-out basis.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
A Christmas note received by a young Prince William from his grandmother the Queen has been put up for auction.

The brief note, which was given to the second-in-line to the throne over Christmas, reads: "William, I hope you enjoy opening this each day" and was written on Buckingham Palace stationary. The gift is thought to have been an advent calendar. Executive VP of RR Auction in Boston has spoken about the rare item, which has been listed to sell at around £1400, calling it: "A seldom-encountered piece of correspondence from within the royal family, enhanced by its fitting Christmas time association."
Read more: Prince William's note from the Queen up for auction
Old 12-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonder how some one got a hold of that note- sticky fingers at his boarding school?
Old 12-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

probably, and they're now £1,400 better off for picking someone else's tag to a gift up off the floor. Hope they enjoy the proceeds, really.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

How Prince William's thinning hairline makes him look almost a decade older | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-27-2016, 06:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Charming Prince William