The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2016, 10:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The preserve is 55.000 acres so that's pretty big. There are lots of gun-toting rangers around. Not exactly the place paparazzi wants to hang out

lol, but paps are desperate most of the time.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

There may be little pictures, but there will be headlines. The purpose of this trip was to go to the wedding though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-24-2016, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Sitting next to William is his private secretary and also there is the UK High Commissioner to Kenya

Old 03-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I highly doubt we will see any pictures from this wedding - i don't recall seeing any pictures from Jecca's brothers wedding which william also attended in Kenya thus missing his own cousin's wedding Peter Phillips.
This must be the first time William has been back at the Craig family Lewa estate since he and Kate got engaged there 6 years ago, I'm sure Kate would loved to have gone but with 2 small children and their upcoming tour it was near on improbable

Old 03-25-2016, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Why IS Prince William still fascinated with his old flame Jecca Craig? | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-25-2016, 02:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I highly doubt we will see any pictures from this wedding - i don't recall seeing any pictures from Jecca's brothers wedding which william also attended in Kenya thus missing his own cousin's wedding Peter Phillips.
This must be the first time William has been back at the Craig family Lewa estate since he and Kate got engaged there 6 years ago, I'm sure Kate would loved to have gone but with 2 small children and their upcoming tour it was near on improbable
Yes, but William was a single man and it was just Jecca's brother getting married. Someone few people knew. Now Will, a married father of two is running to Africa to attend the wedding of his former flame. I can see paps competing for photos and playing up the 'flame still burning
Paps have called her the 'next Camilla' already. They like to sell papers any way they can and this would be great cannon fodder for them.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:53 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh I can tell already that this is going to be great bundles of made up "interpretations" of what is behind each move that William makes in Kenya while he's there and personally, I plan to ignore them all.

Sometimes events happen in lives that serve to be a springboard to a profession, a calling or a cause that will follow a person throughout their entire lives and I believe this is exactly what happened to William. Because of his exposure at a relatively young age to the natural beauty and its inhabitants both two legged and four legged in Africa that led to his involvement in Tusk, conservation and United for Wildlife being a personal passion.

Gossip based in no real facts tend to accentuate the base animalistic nature of the human being and unfortunately, this is what yellow journalism excels at.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-25-2016, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes, but William was a single man and it was just Jecca's brother getting married. Someone few people knew. Now Will, a married father of two is running to Africa to attend the wedding of his former flame. I can see paps competing for photos and playing up the 'flame still burning
Paps have called her the 'next Camilla' already. They like to sell papers any way they can and this would be great cannon fodder for them.
Although William and Jecca was never together, William has welcomed these headlines. We all now William loves Africa and believe in fighting for conservation, but this trip was made to attend Jecca's wedding. So, the headlines and raised questions will come, I guess.

Also, do these young royals ever get tired of attending weddings? I swear I would just send a congrats card and wish my friends the best. It's just the same thing over and over again.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-25-2016, 09:21 AM
Aristocracy

not even gonna read dailymail anymore..lol...why is he fascinated....its more like why is the british press fascinated with his old friend...i mean really the press over there is really something else...no wonder why the princes hate them so much...no privacy for themselves their family or even their friends....i think covering their friends should be off limits...this girl isnt a celeb...or a public figure...and her being friends with him isnt a valid excuse to write about her in my honest opinion...

also, to dailymail...her brother is in hong kong...so she will be celebrating most likely with her sister and her parents....they are so damn lazy.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
There may be little pictures, but there will be headlines. The purpose of this trip was to go to the wedding though.
I agree!

A foolish PR move on PW's part, he can't have it both ways.

Playing the 'I want to spend time with my kids etc etc and that's why I'm not taking on too much work etc etc' and then leaving them on his daughter's first Easter to go to an ex girlfriends wedding.

He needs to stop and think before he acts.

What if Kate did this? After all we live in the age of gender equity.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

It's bank holiday weekend in Britain. He will be returning on Sunday (Easter) It's all of four days.

Spending time with his children doesn't mean 24/7. A wedding is a big deal, even in 2016. I was hoping he would attend and I'm delighted he did
Old 03-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It's bank holiday weekend in Britain. He will be returning on Sunday (Easter) It's all of four days.

Spending time with his children doesn't mean 24/7. A wedding is a big deal, even in 2016. I was hoping he would attend and I'm delighted he did

Perfectly said and better than I could.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Weddings are a big deal. But so are milestones with your child like her first Easter. Especially when you are about to leave on a tour.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:

At best it's a bad PR move particularly at this point in time when his work ethic is under scrutiny

He's playing into the hands his critics and it makes a mockery of all he has said re a lighter workload and time with family

If Kate did the same.....
Old 03-25-2016, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post
I agree!

A foolish PR move on PW's part, he can't have it both ways.

Playing the 'I want to spend time with my kids etc etc and that's why I'm not taking on too much work etc etc' and then leaving them on his daughter's first Easter to go to an ex girlfriends wedding.

He needs to stop and think before he acts.

What if Kate did this? After all we live in the age of gender equity.
I’m confused at a couple parts of your post.

1. What is William playing at? He works 2/3rds the time of a full-time EAA pilot, in addition to carrying out royal duty numbers that rival some of the continental royals “full loads”. Are you arguing that he’s working too much, and therefore not spending enough time with his children?

2. Ex-girlfriend? Both William and Jecca have denied ever dating. They’ve never been single at the same time, if there was a fling at some point, then either William or Jecca (or both) were cheating on their spouse(s).

3.We live in an age of gender equality, except when it comes to men and women being platonic with each other, right? How could William have any use for Jecca (a lowly woman), if there’s no sexual component?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Weddings are a big deal. But so are milestones with your child like her first Easter. Especially when you are about to leave on a tour.
He's returning Easter Sunday. What 'milestone' is he missing?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We also have to consider that this has been planned well ahead of time and probably long before the recent "work shy" crusade by the press. I would imagine that Jecca sent out her "save the date" announcement quite a while ago which left plenty of time for the respective governments to arrange and approve the meeting between Will and President Uhuru Kenyatta.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-25-2016, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, there's nothing wrong in supporting your friends on their wedding day. That being said, this is Jecca Craig's wedding. The media will no doubt make a big deal about his attendance, because of the rumors about their relationship. Not surprised by the medias attention, but it's not the best headline for the Cambridge family though.

The idea of missing Easter with your young family to go to Jecca's wedding don't look good in the eyes of the media and some fans of this family. Of course, this trip was planned ahead of time and Catherine is just fine with it.

Although, where I come from, the trip would never happen without the wife. Someone would end up getting cut otherwise.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-25-2016, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

She isn't going to even remember it. She isn't going to be traumatized just like George wasn't when his parents when to Mauritius when he was 8 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
She isn't going to even remember it. She isn't going to be traumatized just like George wasn't when his parents when to Mauritius when he was 8 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Of course, Charlotte will be okay, but the optics don't look good. The man even missed his cousins wedding to attend Jecca's brother's wedding. I'll never forget the endless debates over that event.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS