General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
General News and Information for the Duke of Cambridge

Then why not say as we approach George's third birthday let's look back at some other royal childhoods? ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Prince William paid special tribute to the late Roger Gower, recipient of the Brummies award for outstanding courage.

Helicopter pilot Roger Gower, 37, who died after being shot down by ivory poachers in Tanzania.

Working for a conservation charity, he was tracking the gang after they killed an elephant and stripped the gentle giant of its tusks in January of this year.

They opened fire on his helicopter with powerful AK-47 automatic assault rifles, bullets ripping into Roger’s arm and shoulder.

By remarkable piloting, he landed the chopper, saving the life of his passenger, but medics were unable to reach the remote location in time to save his life.

“How desperately sorry I was to learn of the tragic death of Roger Gower at the beginning of this year,” wrote the Duke of Cambridge.
Read more: Prince William pays tribute to Brummie helicopter pilot Roger Gower who worked to save elephants from poachers - Birmingham Mail

:previous: Yay for Eddie! He handled all those hot potatoes with aplomb. When you know the BRF, remember to answer without telling them anything. :flowers:

I wonder about this guy! He, in due time and avoiding accidents or natural causes could be King one day.

He has struggled with the transition from being an independant (how so? he has always and will be been dependant on money not earned by himself) person to married man and father.

Well now Wills, it was hardly whirlwind!

Catherine is an amazing mother and fantastic wife?

We don't need to know how fantastic your wife is William, but an amazing mother? No, she's just a mother with a lot more support around her than the vast majority of others. There are many, who are streets ahead of her. Please!

Prince William wants George and Charlotte to have 'simple aspirations' - BBC News

Last edited:
So you expected him to say "my wife luckily has loads of support otherwise she wouldn't know what to do?"
If that's what you want to hear in a public interview i think you can wait a loooooong time...

I wonder about this guy! He, in due time and avoiding accidents or natural causes could be King one day.

He has struggled with the transition from being an independant (how so? he has always and will be been dependant on money not earned by himself) person to married man and father.

We don't need to know how fantastic your wife is William, but an amazing mother? No, she's just a mother with a lot more support around her than the vast majority of others. There are many, who are streets ahead of her. Please!

Prince William wants George and Charlotte to have 'simple aspirations' - BBC News
Uhm, you can be an amazing mother and have help. I mean, most people have help in one way or another. Daycare, grandparets etc. Just because people leave their kids at daycare doesn't make them worse parents, so why should having a nanny?

Why can't he say how he feels about his wife and say she is a fantastic wife to him? I am glad he said what he feels about his own wife.

So you are saying he can't say that he thinks his wife is a amazing mother because she has one nanny and a housekeeper helping her :bang::bang::bang:. That's one of the most ridiculous comments i have read on this forum.

I found the article and the things that William talked about in regards to home and family quite open, honest and can tell he's one very proud husband and father.

I like how he aims for his children to be raised with the mindset to think of others and to treat them as they would want to be treated. This tells me that the Cambridge children are going to grow up without being told how "privileged" they are or how "special" they are in regards to other children. They will come to realize their positions and status soon enough.

When it comes to having a loving, stable family, money and wealth and staff in the mansion has about as much effect on the family as living in a one bedroom walk up flat in the poorer section of town. Its the people that make the family and not the circumstances. Any circumstance can be taken and used for positive or negative. A wonderful mother could work three jobs to put food on the table while another wonderful mother goes out to raise awareness of mental health issues. :D

There are a lot of things that are clearly made up in The Crown. But there's also a great deal of merit in the idea it raises that, for Philip (or any monarch's spouse), the Sovereign is the job. Loving and supporting their spouse is, as the screenwriter says "the essence of [their] duty". It doesn't matter that the scene in question was written out of whole cloth; the idea that it presents is, I think, true.

So, yes, I do care whether William thinks Kate is a fantastic wife to him, because they will not be able to function effectively in the long, long, challenging years to come if she is not a loving and supportive wife.

As for his assessment of her as a mother, it bemuses me to think that anyone would substitute their own judgement, based on an observation period that can be measured in minutes, for that of the man who lives with the woman and children in question on a day-in, day-out basis.

A Christmas note received by a young Prince William from his grandmother the Queen has been put up for auction.

The brief note, which was given to the second-in-line to the throne over Christmas, reads: "William, I hope you enjoy opening this each day" and was written on Buckingham Palace stationary. The gift is thought to have been an advent calendar. Executive VP of RR Auction in Boston has spoken about the rare item, which has been listed to sell at around £1400, calling it: "A seldom-encountered piece of correspondence from within the royal family, enhanced by its fitting Christmas time association."
Read more: Prince William's note from the Queen up for auction

Wonder how some one got a hold of that note- sticky fingers at his boarding school?

probably, and they're now £1,400 better off for picking someone else's tag to a gift up off the floor. :ohmy: Hope they enjoy the proceeds, really.

...and rightly so! Prince William's priorities are shocking- I've lost a lot of respect for him. :-(

Everything that William do is consider bad press. According to them Saturday and Sunday is now consider part of Monday :rolleyes:

Personally I don’t care if he attends the service or not, but man, these people have THE worst PR advisers of all time:ROFLMAO:.

Agreed! I dread to think what reputation the monarchy will have when it's his turn. :-(

Personally I don’t care if he attends the service or not, but man, these people have THE worst PR advisers of all time:ROFLMAO:.

Agreed. I don't think it's a big deal but it gives the people who dislike him a ton of ammo, and gives the tabloids an opportunity to speculate on his marriage.

Everything that William do is consider bad press. According to them Saturday and Sunday is now consider part of Monday :rolleyes:

William was never due to attend this year. In 6 years they have attended twice. It's always a different mix of royals

It's impossible to 'skip' something you were never attending in the first place.

The Cambridges seem to be the only royals that can't even have a 2 day ski holiday without it being a federal case.

The press is never happy. They didn't even like the fact they went on a honeymoon.

They gave up going to Mustique with the Middletons. The last holiday they went on was last summer.

1. Was this trip a good idea media wise? No.

2. Do I have any problems with this trip? No.

3. Should people have problems with this? No, but I respect that people have different opinions than me.

4. Would it helped the Queen if he was there? No, she had been present anyway, 90 or not. The same with Philip and they were accompanied by Charles, Camilla, Harry, Andrew and Edward.

5. Am I surprised that the press reacts as it does? No, but I thought the media would appreciate that the ''boring and uncharismatic'' William was not present. (And yes, I was ironic)

Thank you for pointing out that William was not skiing today but over the weekend. :)

He still has his job with EAAA to perform. It is entirely possible that he was on duty today fulfilling his obligations with them before they undertake their St. Patrick's Day and Paris events.

It's impossible to 'skip' something you were never attending in the first place.
Thank you for pointing this out.

In the past weeks I've enjoyed viewing photos of the Danish Crown Prince and Family, King Felipe and family, King W-A and family and The Wessex family all having a trip to the slopes.Their trips range from a couple of days to a week. William goes on a weekend with his friends and the tabloid press goes into a meltdown.Kate doesn't seem to mind William enjoying some time with his friends and George and especially Charlotte are probably too young to enjoy skiing at this point in time.

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing out that William was not skiing today but over the weekend. :)

He still has his job with EAAA to perform. It is entirely possible that he was on duty today fulfilling his obligations with them before they undertake their St. Patrick's Day and Paris events.

Thank you for pointing this out.

In the past weeks I've enjoyed viewing photos of the Danish Crown Prince and Family, King Felipe and family, King W-A and family and The Wessex family all having a trip to the slopes.Their trips range from a couple of days to a week. William goes on a weekend with his friends and the tabloid press goes into a meltdown.Kate doesn't seem to mind William enjoying some time with his friends and George and especially Charlotte are probably too young to enjoy skiing at this point in time.

I don't actually think it's a bad thing that he took this trip, I just think it's bad optics. If he had come back slightly earlier and he and Kate had attended the service, no bad headlines would happen.

There are always bad headlines with royals. Look at the Kensington Palace story. It's completely untrue. Nothing to do with William and Catherine but it doesn't stop the press.

The press just doesn't like it when the Cambridges take a holiday. Harry's been on three this year. Just got back from a week in Jamaica. Not really a peep from the tabloids.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016

As TLLK pointed out, it quite possible William had an Air Ambulance shift today. You rarely see the spouse of a royal attend these type of events solo. You had 7 royals already attending how many more do you need.

There are always bad headlines with royals. Look at the Kensington Palace story. It's completely untrue. Nothing to do with William and Catherine but it doesn't stop the press.

The press just doesn't like it when the Cambridges take a holiday. Harry's been on three this year. Just got back from a week in Jamaica. Not really a peep from the tabloids.
Harry on holiday? The press would say: He deserves a vacation.

William/Kate on holiday? The press would say: They are lazy and work-shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom