The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2015, 11:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

William & Catherine are pretty much in the process in stepping up their participation in the "Firm" as senior royals. That's not something anyone will have to worry about. The Queen will be turning 90 next year and Prince Philip is in his mid 90's. They know what time it is.

As for the future of The Prince's Trust, I firmly believe Charles will remain very active in his Trust. The Cambridge's and Prince Harry may very well help out, but I think the whole trust will turn into The King's Trust.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-20-2015, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The DM asserts that there have been discussions about William taking over the Princes Trust but William has said 'he'd rather not' as he wants to lead a normal life for as long as possible.

Prince Charles increasingly takes on duties from the Queen, but will Prince William do his duty? | Daily Mail Online
another misleading headline from the DM.... reading the article (whether that is true or not) - William's comment was that he wants to focus on building his own trust with K&H

to quote the article:
William has said that he has been asked to take on the trust, but he has mixed feelings about it,’ a source said. ‘He has his own charitable foundation and he wants to make his own mark. If he takes on his father’s legacy, then it means he can’t create his own. William is very definite about wanting to do his own thing.

that is NOT the same thing as the headline: 'he'd rather not' as he wants to lead a normal life for as long as possible

I'm sure there are many transition discussions going on- the Royals are very good planners.... but this is just one more of the DM's inflammatory headlines/ stories.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Courtier

The way a head group still meets does it not? I doubt, just because it has such a strong profile and professional branding as The Prince's Trust that The Trust will change its name but that is just my opinion. Its The Fail, we read it, we discuss it but we don't take it as Gospel.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it is all very confusing and messy... I believe a lot will be gone after Her Majesty passes away. And I'm afraid that "lot" will be good things.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William’s boss has pleaded with the public to stop sending messages to his place of work.

Prince William has been employed by East Anglian Air Ambulance since July.

Writing in the charity’s newsletter, Patrick Peal, the company’s CEO, says: "A number of our supporters have already been in touch with us asking if we can pass on messages to The Duke of Cambridge.

"Unfortunately we are unable to do this through any of our charity staff or offices and respectfully ask that such requests are not put to our staff please."
Read more: Prince William's employers drowned in fan mail since hiring royal - HR Grapevine
Old 09-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He played a bad guy in the 2014 hit Maze Runner, but in real life actor Will Poulter is helping to fight bullies – and he has a powerful ally on his side: Prince William.

Poulter, 22, met with William during an anti-bullying workshop at Hammersmith Academy in west London on Monday. A proud ambassador of the day's organizers, the Diana Award, since 2011, Poulter tweeted about the "amazing vibes and positive energy" during William's visit.

Prince William "seems genuinely invested in wanting to cause a change to the way in which we approach bullying at our schools and ensure schools are a happy and safe place for people to be," Poulter tells PEOPLE.
Read more: Will Poulter Praises Prince William for Making Schools 'Safe' from Bullies : People.com
Old 09-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William was one of the air ambulance crew members called to St Albans yesterday after an ambulance and car collided.

The helicopter pilot joined the East Anglian Air Ambulance as they responded to the incident on Watford Road at around 10am.

One person is in a critical condition and three others were injured in the collision involving a car and an ambulance responding to an emergency call.

No patient was on board at the time but two ambulance staff and two members of the public were taken to hospital.

Students from West Herts College were on a field trip with lecturer Jirapa Harding when they spotted the future King in Cassiobury Park.
Read more: Prince William lands air ambulance in Watford (From Watford Observer)
Old 09-26-2015, 02:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

That could not have been an easy call to go to. None are, I know, but when you're being called out for an accident where a land Ambulance is involved, then I can imagine that does change things for the Air Crew.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-27-2015, 05:45 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Rugby posts have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5-a-38398.html thread.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William has been pictured during an air ambulance rescue mission to help a young girl who was hit by a car in Bedfordshire.

The Duke of Cambridge began work as a co-pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance in July. He was pictured near the charity's helicopter earlier.

The girl was flown to hospital after being seriously injured when a car ended up on its roof.

Crews were called to Old Road, Leighton Buzzard, at about 15:30 BST.
Pictures: Prince William in Leighton Buzzard air ambulance rescue - BBC News

Prince William pilots air ambulance to Linslade crash - Leighton Buzzard Observer
Old 10-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

East Anglian Air Amb ‏@EastAngliAirAmb
@EastAngliAirAmb attended 163 missions in September #togetherwesavelives
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This really highlights the valuable work of East Anglian Air Ambulance. It operates strictly on fundraising and its budget is around £8 million a year.

William was able to bring attention to the already incredible work done by the charity.

I think its a brilliant form of pubic service to combine with his royal engagements.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
East Anglian Air Amb ‏@EastAngliAirAmb
@EastAngliAirAmb attended 163 missions in September #togetherwesavelives
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This really highlights the valuable work of East Anglian Air Ambulance. It operates strictly on fundraising and its budget is around £8 million a year.

William was able to bring attention to the already incredible work done by the charity.

I think its a brilliant form of pubic service to combine with his royal engagements.
I like the transparency of what they post on their web page - yet they uphold patient privacy at the request of the patient. I also like it that they shine a light on the medical personnel. Not that the pilots don't deserve credit, but the MDs save/stabilize lives as the pilots do their worthy work. I'm also loving it that they don't mention the Prince. They could. And it would boost followers. But it would also create a circus-like atmosphere, so they have made a wise and safe choice.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be bad form I suppose to have William's face splashed all over its website but make no mistake, EAAA is fully aware of what William brings to the table other than his skill as a pilot.

Patrick Peal, chief executive of the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA), welcomed the announcement back in 2014, saying the organisation would benefit both from William's skills as a pilot and from a boost to the charity's profile.

Mr Peal added: "This is really good news for the charity and we're delighted His Highness has decided to fly with us.

‘We are confident this will help raise the profile of the charity and other air ambulance charities in the region and across the UK.

‘We're very fortunate that we currently enjoy tremendous levels of support but fundraising is always a challenge - we're looking to raise £7.5 million a year to continue the lifesaving work - and I'm sure that this will help to raise the profile of the charity.

‘We're looking forward to him being part of the team."
Old 10-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Majesty

Now if they could just get all his fans to stop ringing the EAAA, clogging up the lines with messages for William, things would be perfect.

Prince William's boss pleads with fans to stop swamping air ambulance charity with messages for Royal - Mirror Online
Old 11-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William has topped a list of male role models.

The 33-year-old royal - who is second in line to the British throne - topped a new poll by The Huffington Post UK, getting 25 per cent of the vote.

1,500 men were asked to choose their role model for the Modern Male research.

William - who has children, Prince George, two and six-month-old Princess Charlotte with his wife Duchess Catherine - beat off competition from his friend David Beckham, who got 14 per cent of the vote, US President Barack Obama (nine per cent) and chef Jamie Oliver (four per cent).
Prince William Tops Role Model Poll
Old 11-13-2015, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Wow, 25% is rather big!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The East Anglian Air Ambulance, flown by Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, landed at 10.55am.

Doctor Adam Chesters and paramedic Gary Spitzer treated the man, in his 80s, for head injuries. It is believed he seriously injured his head and was treated for a suspected fractured skull.

The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, in an ambulance.
Read more: Prince William lands air ambulance in Saffron Walden to help man in 80s - News - Saffron Walden Reporter
Old 11-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the information on Prince William. I truly admire this young man for his dedication to helping others and using his position for the good of so many. He will make a fabulous king someday!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I find it funny that some people have called William work shy. He had Royal engagements Tues-Fri goes back to Air Ambulance job immediately afterwards. An air ambulance job, he doesn't have to do and is not risk free.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I find it funny that some people have called William work shy. He had Royal engagements Tues-Fri goes back to Air Ambulance job immediately afterwards. An air ambulance job, he doesn't have to do and is not risk free.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I agree; he's anything but work-shy. He does a great deal, probably more than people expect from him. He goes above and beyond which will make him one heck of a monarch.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.