The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't mean she sold the picture. Tabloids always take pictures from FB and Instagram.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Doesn't mean she sold the picture. Tabloids always take pictures from FB and Instagram.
True, but I thought since she removed it..

Old 09-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

If she removed it from Instagram she probably did sell it. I didn't realise it was taken down.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If she removed it from Instagram she probably did sell it. I didn't realise it was taken down.
Yeah, exactly :P
Old 09-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Gentry

Prince William guarded by 4 prison staff after landing air ambulance at jail | Daily Mail Online

I am more inclined to think that the security is there for the helicopter than for William. The last thing they would want is an inmate commandeering it.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, nothing surprising about the prison guards being there. Its a prison. That was confirmed by a bystander. The Sun added the bit about the protection officer.
Quote:
It is thought that a royal protection officer travels on all of the second-in-line's emergency flights
The Home Office is in overall charge of royal security. Kensington Palace declined to comment on security matters.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Royal Highness

Yeah, exactly! I mean.. ofc there would be guards when transporting an inmate!
Old 09-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

General News and Information for the Duke of Cambridge

There was a documentary series on the SAR rescue helicopters on the BBC Wales a few years ago and they followed the SeaKings of RAF Angelesy to various rescues. One of the episodes followed a helicopter piloted by Ft Lt William Wales that rescued a person injured in a quarry. It was just the 4 man crew on the helicopter. I think the same for the air ambulance. Harry's Apache only had room for two. The unpredictability of where the helicopter has to go and the randomness of who could be flying it is a means of protection. Also William being a trained military officer could have a means of personal protection on himself.

The can't really waste the weight carrying a RPO that can't help in the rescue. That's more equipment or gas that they could use.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-05-2015, 02:35 AM
Gentry

Complete rubish, is critical thinking and common sense something that you lose when you become a reporter, especially when talking about royals?

The prison guards were there for the prisoner, to make sure he is always accounted for and that he doesnt harm ANY of the people he will be in contact with.
I work in a hospital in South Africa and the prison is responsible for providing guards for admitted prisoners. The number of guards depends on what type of prisoner we have. They usually have a minimum of two guards at a time for all the prisoners but can have more if indicated.

Its also unlikely the prison would have known well before hand that the emergency helicopter that would land would be the one with William. The closest available team takes the call.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Prince was part of the East Anglian Air Ambulance’s Anglia Two team that responded to a call from Royston, south of Cambridge, following reports that a man had gone into cardiac arrest.

After collecting the man, the helicopter landed at King George V playing fields in Papworth, at about 2pm, and the man was taken into hospital for further treatment.
Read more: Prince William lands air ambulance in Papworth after responding to cardiac arrest emergency - News - Hunts Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William's boss pleads with fans to stop swamping air ambulance charity with messages for Royal - Mirror Online

LOL as if the charity had nothing else to do!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
The sad thing is that it is interfering with their work apparently.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
The sad thing is that it is interfering with their work apparently.
Very much so. The contact number for EAAA needs to be a public one so that those in need can call and request assistance and most times when an air lift is needed, it is needed right away. To tie up the phone lines with unnecessary trivial communications is not only interfering but also when its a dire situation of life or death, every second counts when it comes to getting them the help that is needed.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Very much so. The contact number for EAAA needs to be a public one so that those in need can call and request assistance and most times when an air lift is needed, it is needed right away. To tie up the phone lines with unnecessary trivial communications is not only interfering but also when its a dire situation of life or death, every second counts when it comes to getting them the help that is needed.
Is that what is happening though? I thought that people in need of airlift rings... uhm... 999 (that's the UK one, right?) and they get the ordeer. As I figured it, they are calling the more administrative part of the charity? But I could be wrong. And it's stilll really bad!
Old 09-18-2015, 05:40 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Is that what is happening though? I thought that people in need of airlift rings... uhm... 999 (that's the UK one, right?) and they get the ordeer. As I figured it, they are calling the more administrative part of the charity? But I could be wrong. And it's stilll really bad!
I thought a bit after posting that and thought the same thing. You're right. Here in the States its 911 and the our central dispatch sets off different "tones" for different stations to respond to and then pertinent information is given over radios.

Still, it has to be very annoying to have the phone ringing with people that actually think they'll get in contact with William.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-18-2015, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

If they are sending letters, emails, calling the regular phone line, a person at the charity has to deal with it instead of what they normally do.

I don't think you can just call 999 and ask for a helicopter. There is going to be a dispatch system in place. The first responders are going to assess the situation and decide helicopter or regular ambulance.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I thought a bit after posting that and thought the same thing. You're right. Here in the States its 911 and the our central dispatch sets off different "tones" for different stations to respond to and then pertinent information is given over radios.

Still, it has to be very annoying to have the phone ringing with people that actually think they'll get in contact with William.
Yeah, as I said, it's still crappy and annoying and interfearing with their work. But at least not as bad as clogging the emergency line!
Old 09-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The DM asserts that there have been discussions about William taking over the Princes Trust but William has said 'he'd rather not' as he wants to lead a normal life for as long as possible.

Prince Charles increasingly takes on duties from the Queen, but will Prince William do his duty? | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The DM asserts that there have been discussions about William taking over the Princes Trust but William has said 'he'd rather not' as he wants to lead a normal life for as long as possible.

Prince Charles increasingly takes on duties from the Queen, but will Prince William do his duty? | Daily Mail Online
Seems legit..... Even their "bulletpoints" say William is thought to have said... I mean.. Who have thought about him saying that? The writer of the article maybe thought he did?
Old 09-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The article also talks about the Royal Foundation of WKH and established his own projects. As someone will inherit almost everything, William will want to establish something through his own hard work and merit. That is what his flying is important to him. It's his own skill and training not because of an accident of birth.

Harry would be in the best position to help with the Prince's Trust. In ten/fifteen years, William will be in the same position as Charles is now. Heir to aging King. He will be doing the long haul travel and tours that his father does now.