General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a courtesy visit. Sort of like when he met Pres Obama during the NY trip. That trip wasn't a full official trip on the UK govt behalf either. It wasn't fully funded by the govt.

I imagine this sort of trip has to be run past the UK foreign office to see if it's safe and okay to go. It's not all private personal like skiing in France was.

It's like when Harry went to Lesotho prior to the SA tour. He did it as the patron/founder of Sentebale. William is there as Tusk/United for Wildlife patron/Pres. Private with activities that are official events in the CC. Just not paid for by UK gov unlike the tour in India/Bhutan.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Some tweets from the President of Kenya

Uhuru Kenyatta ‏@UKenyatta
I have this morning met Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, who called on me at State House.

Uhuru Kenyatta ‏@UKenyatta
He is in the country to see the longstanding conservation & anti-poaching initiatives being supported by Tusk Trust.

Uhuru Kenyatta @UKenyatta
Our deliberations revolved around conservation, security and defence.

https://twitter.com/UKenyatta/status/712912644076920833

It's a courtesy visit. Sort of like when he met Pres Obama during the NY trip. That trip wasn't a full official trip on the UK govt behalf either. It wasn't fully funded by the govt.

I imagine this sort of trip has to be run past the UK foreign office to see if it's safe and okay to go. It's not all private personal like skiing in France was.

It's like when Harry went to Lesotho prior to the SA tour. He did it as the patron/founder of Sentebale. William is there as Tusk/United for Wildlife patron/Pres. Private with activities that are official events in the CC. Just not paid for by UK gov unlike the tour in India/Bhutan.

Makes sense :)

He will, however, take with him at least three tax-payer funded Scotland Yard police protection officers.

The UK press is really starting to make me angry and yes I know it is the Daily Fail, but they are getting worse. And does Rebecca English and her ridiculous newspaper thinks that he should have traveled without protection? No, they don't. They write this just to stir things up and turn people against William.

if i was invited to as many weddings as them a year i wouldn't go either...also, it would be different if their kids were older and they could bring them...but they probably think that they are too young right now...also i would like to think paps will leave them alone...but that would be a miracle...so good luck to her on trying to get privacy...if they see paps feed them to some animals on the property...lmao.

and to the people who create the headlines for daily mail..you know better its the duke and duchess of cambridge..lazy people.

No protected Royal goes anywhere with their RPOs. Harry's RPOs are in Nepal while Harry stays extra days just they went to Lesotho with him for Sentabale. George's goes to nursery school with him. That's just part of the cost of protection someone 24/7. The RPOs have to sleep and have off time that's why you need multiples.

With the heightened alert levels, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they beefed up all the security for the royal family especially traveling overseas.

If the Daily Fail feels that its too much and a "burden" on the people, they're less intelligent than I would give them credit for.

It seems natural to me that William is going to attend Jecca's wedding; they have always been very close. He is already in Kenya right now for another commitment. Maybe he has seized this opportunity with both hands? ;-)

Look at the security surrounding a US president, 3 police officers are a drop in the bucket in comparison. Those RPOs would have been with William in Kenya or if he was in Buckleberry having Easter with the Middletons. The Kenyans are probably providing security too like NYPD and US Secret Service did when the Cambridges went to NYC.

I think we already know...how the media will play this...he will be criticized no matter what...i already see articles titled...william will miss Charlotte's first Easter because of the wedding...meanwhile they don't know if he plans on taking a late night flight back on saturday to be home in time for the kids waking up.

I think we already know...how the media will play this...he will be criticized no matter what...i already see articles titled...william will miss Charlotte's first Easter because of the wedding...meanwhile they don't know if he plans on taking a late night flight back on saturday to be home in time for the kids waking up.

Shall we all take bets on this?

Shall we all take bets on this?
it doesn't really matter. They can celebrate easter a few days late or early. The only one who will remember it are the adults, and George will like it. But he doesn't care if it's on easter or a few days later. I think going to a longtime, close friends wedding is something most people try to prioritize since it hopefully happens only once in that persons life.

The media will have a little fun with this story. William going to Jecca's wedding is the story.

I would be shocked if she actually gets privacy...you know the paps will try to get pics...she wouldve been better off not letting the wedding date get leaked...then should wouldn't have had to worry ...i dont really blame that on her though...dailymail apparently thought the wedding date of a private citizen was newsworthy

Last edited:
Her family owns a large nature preserve. If you are a photographer are you really going to hide in the bushes with wild animals running around plus the preserve would have security measures in place to protect the animals from poachers.

One can hope the media won't be a bother, but once she extended an invite to William, she invited the media presence too. Also, William deciding to go, invited the headlines.

Last edited:
I don't think we see anything more than what we see if the wedding was in the UK probably less coverage due to the remote location compared to weddings attended in the UK by the younger royals.

The preserve is 55.000 acres so that's pretty big. There are lots of gun-toting rangers around. Not exactly the place paparazzi wants to hang out

Last edited:
The preserve is 55.000 acres so that's pretty big. There are lots of gun-toting rangers around. Not exactly the place paparazzi wants to hang out

lol, but paps are desperate most of the time.

There may be little pictures, but there will be headlines. The purpose of this trip was to go to the wedding though.

Last edited:
I highly doubt we will see any pictures from this wedding - i don't recall seeing any pictures from Jecca's brothers wedding which william also attended in Kenya thus missing his own cousin's wedding Peter Phillips.
This must be the first time William has been back at the Craig family Lewa estate since he and Kate got engaged there 6 years ago, I'm sure Kate would loved to have gone but with 2 small children and their upcoming tour it was near on improbable

I highly doubt we will see any pictures from this wedding - i don't recall seeing any pictures from Jecca's brothers wedding which william also attended in Kenya thus missing his own cousin's wedding Peter Phillips.
This must be the first time William has been back at the Craig family Lewa estate since he and Kate got engaged there 6 years ago, I'm sure Kate would loved to have gone but with 2 small children and their upcoming tour it was near on improbable

Yes, but William was a single man and it was just Jecca's brother getting married. Someone few people knew. Now Will, a married father of two is running to Africa to attend the wedding of his former flame. I can see paps competing for photos :bang: and playing up the 'flame still burning :ermm:
Paps have called her the 'next Camilla' already. They like to sell papers any way they can and this would be great cannon fodder for them.

Oh I can tell already that this is going to be great bundles of made up "interpretations" of what is behind each move that William makes in Kenya while he's there and personally, I plan to ignore them all.

Sometimes events happen in lives that serve to be a springboard to a profession, a calling or a cause that will follow a person throughout their entire lives and I believe this is exactly what happened to William. Because of his exposure at a relatively young age to the natural beauty and its inhabitants both two legged and four legged in Africa that led to his involvement in Tusk, conservation and United for Wildlife being a personal passion.

Gossip based in no real facts tend to accentuate the base animalistic nature of the human being and unfortunately, this is what yellow journalism excels at.

Yes, but William was a single man and it was just Jecca's brother getting married. Someone few people knew. Now Will, a married father of two is running to Africa to attend the wedding of his former flame. I can see paps competing for photos :bang: and playing up the 'flame still burning :ermm:
Paps have called her the 'next Camilla' already. They like to sell papers any way they can and this would be great cannon fodder for them.

Although William and Jecca was never together, William has welcomed these headlines. We all now William loves Africa and believe in fighting for conservation, but this trip was made to attend Jecca's wedding. So, the headlines and raised questions will come, I guess.

Also, do these young royals ever get tired of attending weddings? I swear I would just send a congrats card and wish my friends the best. It's just the same thing over and over again.

Last edited:
not even gonna read dailymail anymore..lol...why is he fascinated....its more like why is the british press fascinated with his old friend...i mean really the press over there is really something else...no wonder why the princes hate them so much...no privacy for themselves their family or even their friends....i think covering their friends should be off limits...this girl isnt a celeb...or a public figure...and her being friends with him isnt a valid excuse to write about her in my honest opinion...

also, to dailymail...her brother is in hong kong...so she will be celebrating most likely with her sister and her parents....they are so damn lazy.

There may be little pictures, but there will be headlines. The purpose of this trip was to go to the wedding though.

I agree!

A foolish PR move on PW's part, he can't have it both ways.

Playing the 'I want to spend time with my kids etc etc and that's why I'm not taking on too much work etc etc' and then leaving them on his daughter's first Easter to go to an ex girlfriends wedding.

He needs to stop and think before he acts.

What if Kate did this? After all we live in the age of gender equity.

It's bank holiday weekend in Britain. He will be returning on Sunday (Easter) It's all of four days.

Spending time with his children doesn't mean 24/7. A wedding is a big deal, even in 2016. I was hoping he would attend and I'm delighted he did

It's bank holiday weekend in Britain. He will be returning on Sunday (Easter) It's all of four days.

Spending time with his children doesn't mean 24/7. A wedding is a big deal, even in 2016. I was hoping he would attend and I'm delighted he did

Perfectly said and better than I could.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom