The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Majesty

Victoria Arbiter @victoriaarbiter · 22h
The CNN special will include the first interview with Jason Bell. The photographer behind the Cambridge family portraits. July 11, 10pm.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 16m
More talk of upcoming foreign trip 21 September RT @royalfocus1 Duke & Duchess of Cambridge to visit Malta to celebrate 50 yrs Independence

Prince William describes having his own family as his 'silver lining' following tragedy of his mother's death-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ers-death.html

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-10-2014, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the link Dman. That article provides a link to a funny segment to do with how Charles was "buff" when he was young...
Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Thanks for the link Dman. That article provides a link to a funny segment to do with how Charles was "buff" when he was young...
Hey, I wish I was "buff" like Charles was back in the day. He still is very much fit and even pride himself of still being able to fit into his old military uniforms.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Majesty

Victoria Arbiter @victoriaarbiter · 12h
Your first look at #JasonBell chatting about #PrinceGeorge. The special will air on @CNN tomorrow night at 10pm ET:

Video:
England's Prince George turns one year old this month. Hear from the photographer who captured the toddler's christening-
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 AM
Majesty

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 2h
And it'll just be Kate going to Malta in Sept for her first solo foreign trip -William'll be too busy with his new full-time job...

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 2h
And it'll just be Kate going to Malta in Sept for her first solo foreign trip -William'll be too busy with his new full-time job...
Now that's a teaser if I ever saw one. Just what is that new full time job to be? Hmmmmm...
Old 07-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Now that's a teaser if I ever saw one. Just what is that new full time job to be? Hmmmmm...
She said air ambulance...but obviously that is not confirmed yet. And she said the trip will be 2 days
Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
She said air ambulance...but obviously that is not confirmed yet. And she said the trip will be 2 days
Thanks! I didn't think I saw any official announcement that he'd be working full time with the air ambulance service.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. George is almost one...I am sure Kate will be pregnant by the end of the year..and barring she doesn't have a difficult pregnancy maybe she will up her appearances a bit.

I think the air ambulance thing is more impt than royal engagements....helping save a life is a little more impt than shaking hands and unveiling plaques.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Kate is going to much closer in Norfolk than she was in Wales plus she is more confident with her royal duties. A solo foreign tour is a big step. Camilla just did her first solo one last year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Kate is going to much closer in Norfolk than she was in Wales plus she is more confident with her royal duties. A solo foreign tour is a big step. Camilla just did her first solo one last year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I really love the thought of Catherine taking on more and the thought of the solo trip is a step in the right direction. I guess we'll see what will happen because I think they will come up under of great deal of criticism if they are seen retreating from their royal duties. They are able to do more now than they were able to do when they were busy being a military family. It was a balance that even William said wasn't working. There must be a better balance than before, if he's going to take up a full-time job.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Courtier

I must say this trip to Malta just goes to show how much trust The Queen has put into Catherine to carry out such an engagement for her first solo trip abroad. Good trainning for a future Queen consort.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post

Ooo Charles' body. There were certain parts I was very stunned by how good they look In pictures. But I can't go into them here or I'd look silly. Let's just say he looked better in polo pants than either of his kids.
I understand why William wants to stay in the military, makes him feel like he is actually doing something. I think they should be seen more but they don't necessarily have to go full time. I should probably listen to more interview with William to see how he feels about the far off possibility of being King, if he is still hiding from it or he accepts it but just won't accept being a photo OP all the time.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding William's royal role have been moved to The Duke of Cambridge: What Now for William? Future Duties, Roles & Responsibilties. .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 07-15-2014, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding a potential Cambridge pregnancy have been deleted as speculative.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Courtier

https://www.facebook.com/notes/duche...42416662472355

On July 28 & 29, 2014 the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will attend the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.

On August 4, 2014, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War I in Mons, Belgium.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's first solo tour - yay!
Also looking forward to Glasgow and Belgium.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
https://www.facebook.com/notes/duche...42416662472355

On July 28 & 29, 2014 the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will attend the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.

On August 4, 2014, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War I in Mons, Belgium.
There are 2 events on August 4. William and Catherine are at Liege first
Quote from Royal website

"HRH The Duke Cambridge, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a service of remembrance hosted by the Government of Belgium at Liege. TRHs will subsequently travel to St Symphorien Military Cemetery, a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Mons, Belgium, for a UK commemorative event."

Harry is joining them at Mons.

All of the BRF are busy that day - link to press release

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...morations.aspx

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 54m
Prince George's first birthday will be marked by the publication of three photographs taken when he visited the Natural History Museum.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 51m
All three photos were taken when George visited the Sensational Butterflies exhibition with his parents at the NHM earlier this month.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 49m
One photo will be published on Saturday night and the other two on the eve of Prince George's birthday with more information

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 39s
Three photos going out to mark Prince George’s first birthday Palace say. One at 10.30pm tomorrow and two more at 10.30pm on Monday.

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 34s
George's birthday pics to be released 10.30pm (UK) on Saturday and Monday via @RoyalCentral

Dr. Maya Angelou