The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually, Lupo has a very keen, intent look on his face as if someone off camera may have been distracting him into good behavior with a toy. He looks like he's eyeballing something. And it seems like William had him under control with his arm about him.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I kind of disagree. It is hard to teach them, yes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. I have a nephew who is 2 and he knows he's not allowed to hit or pull on his "puppies." He knows this because starting when he was about 7 or 8 months old, when he started to be a bit more interested in the dogs if he touched them in a "bad" way he was stopped, told to be "gentle," and shown the right way to touch them. Now he knows he's can pet/hug/kiss them, but he's not allowed to hit/poke/pull on them.

It's really important, because even though you can feel confident that your dogs aren't going to hurt your child (however wrong you may or may not be), you can't be confident that your child isn't going to see a strange dog and think that he/she can pull on them without repercussions.

I don't think we are disagreeing. I am not saying people shouldn't teach babies how to behave with dogs (or anything else), but that it is difficult. It can take a long time for a baby or toddler to learn to control impulses and I would not leave a dog or any animal alone with a baby, no matter how many times I told the baby to be gentle or the dog not to bite.

Also, judging by my own experience and my family and friends, I think boys are more impulsive than girls. My daughter was very easy going, whereas my son delighted in doing things he knew he shouldn't. Actually both of them love pushing my buttons now.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Nobility

If we're talking about leaving a baby/toddler alone with an animal, that's one thing. But George was not alone with Lupo in the photo. And yes, someone probably was off-camera, distracting Lupo. It's a common tactic when photographing animals.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

As we learned from the Queen's Christmas broadcast, Kate was behind Jason Bell for the queen and next 3 Kings shot at George's christening getting his attention for the photo.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

3. Even assuming Lupo isn't great with George, William is sitting with his arm around Lupo, boxing the dog off and likely restraining him at least partially. He is very much in a position to pull Lupo back, if there is any sign that the situation could become dangerous for George - and given as Lupo is the family dog, it's not likely that he's just going to snap and do any harm to George without any warning.

If something happens, William wouldn't be quick enough to intervene. No one would!
The papers are full of horror stories about dogs attacking children, but still people say "Not my dog!"

Then there's a tragedy and everybody is in tears.
Much better to be cautious, imo.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
If something happens, William wouldn't be quick enough to intervene. No one would!
The papers are full of horror stories about dogs attacking children, but still people say "Not my dog!"

Then there's a tragedy and everybody is in tears.
Much better to be cautious, imo.
I think we are overthinking this whole boy and his dog thing. Lupo is over two years old and has likely had some training. George was in his mother's arms and Lupo was being restrained by William. That looks like cautious to me.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful photo, and George and Lupo eyeballing one another is priceless. Probably my favorite family photo of the Cambridges so far.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Majesty

The Diary: Cambridges put George before dinner with John-
The Diary: Cambridges put George before dinner with John - Entertainment - NZ Herald News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-02-2014, 02:12 AM
Nobility

Cambridge Family "Window" Photo Now Cover Of "Hello" Magazine.

"Hello" magazine have used the window photo of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with Princes George and Lupo as their current issue's cover.

Nice momento.

Sun Lion.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Nobility

Oz TV Reporting W & C's Royal Tour Entourage Members.

Australian television is reporting on the personal staff members said to be accompanying the Duke and Duchess to Australia and New Zealand.

As well as the two private secretaries, there will be four press officers, a hairdresser, a nurse, a personal assistant and a foreign affairs advisor.

There will be six protection staff.

Royal reporter Rob Jobson is here in Sydney - and reporting from outside the Opera House.

Nice day here again isn't it Rob.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Miguel Head - the Duke's Private Secretary.

Rebecca Deacon - the Duchess' Private Secretary.

Ed Perkins - Press Officer.

Katrina McKeever - Press Officer.

Nick Loughran - Press Officer.

Sally Osman - The Queens' Press Secretary.

Sir David Manning - Foreign Affairs Advisor.

And the PA, Nurse, Nanny and Hairdresser round out the eleven staff.

Confirmed - no dresser, the Duchess is taking care of that herself.

P.S. Being reported that officials are trying to keep the costs down for the Tour.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

The press release from Miguel, William's private secretary list the tour party as himself, Rebecca Deacon, Sir David Manning, 3 Press Officers, a tour secretary, personal assistant, orderly, hairdresser and George's nanny.

The nurse and Sally Osman who is the head of communications seems incorrect especially Ms Osman with a state visit from the Irish at the same time of the tour.

source:

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/medi...al-highnessess
Old 04-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hooray for the hairdresser!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Nobility

Thanks Skippyboo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The press release from Miguel, William's private secretary list the tour party as himself, Rebecca Deacon, Sir David Manning, 3 Press Officers, a tour secretary, personal assistant, orderly, hairdresser and George's nanny.

The nurse and Sally Osman who is the head of communications seems incorrect especially Ms Osman with a state visit from the Irish at the same time of the tour.

source:

Remarks by Miguel Head, Private Secretary to The Duke of Cambridge on Their Royal Highnesses's upcoming tour to New Zealand and Australia

Hi Skippyboo, thanks for this link - I hadn't seen it before.

Can't confirm if the information broadcast across Australia this morning is correct or not, but Rob Jobson has a link to it now on his twitter account for anyone wanting to see it.

Rob must be loving Sydney - he's posted some of his photos of the Harbour from the Shangri La Hotel.

Many years ago, CP Mary and CP Frederik - before children I think - stayed here on one of their Australian visits.

Great views - day or night.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Rob's report is worth seeing for the wonderful early morning blue sky and sunshine of Sydney - ferries, cruise ships and joggers - he got them all in!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Nobility

PG Getting A Surf Board!

A few weeks ago I read that Manly's Mayor was trying to get a gift sorted out for litttle PG, when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit there on Good Friday afternoon.

Manly locals were asked to make suggestions.

Now there are reports a surf-board is being especially made for Prince George.

It is described as having a photo of Manly on it, and the words "Greetings from Manly - Surf City Australia".

Maybe they need to keep it here for PG's teenage years - how much use will he get out of it in the UK.

(It's six feet long - which I don't understand as Australia went metric decades ago.)

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:15 AM
Nobility

Report & Photos Now On "Mail-Online"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post

A few weeks ago I read that Manly's Mayor was trying to get a gift sorted out for litttle PG, when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit there on Good Friday afternoon.

Manly locals were asked to make suggestions.

Now there are reports a surf-board is being especially made for Prince George.

It is described as having a photo of Manly on it, and the words "Greetings from Manly - Surf City Australia".

Maybe they need to keep it here for PG's teenage years - how much use will he get out of it in the UK.

(It's six feet long - which I don't understand as Australia went metric decades ago.)

Cheers, Sun Lion.

The "Daily Mail Mail-Online" has just put this story of PG's surfboard, and photos of the company involved, up on the internet - if you'd like to see the details.

Cheers All, Sun Lion.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Actually, Lupo has a very keen, intent look on his face as if someone off camera may have been distracting him into good behavior with a toy. He looks like he's eyeballing something. And it seems like William had him under control with his arm about him.
Lupo looks like he's seen a rabbit. He is not focused on George at all...
Old 04-03-2014, 04:44 AM
Nobility

More Details Available Now For Brisbane On Easter Saturday...

There are now more details available about the Duke and Duchess of Cambrige's visit to Brisbane on Easter Saturday.

W & C will be taking their walk through the South Bank area after - not before- attending the official Reception at the Brisbane Convention Centre.

A couple of streets, Grey and Russell, will be closed - parts from 6.00am that morning, and also closed to pedestrians, while the Royal Couple are present in the area.

Sun Lion.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

A lovely new ball for George from the Pope! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkTF1MqIIAAfdNH.jpg:large
Old 04-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
A lovely new ball for George from the Pope! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkTF1MqIIAAfdNH.jpg:large
I was thinking teething ring!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

the material is lapis lazuli ;-)